I wonder if this trade rumor has any legs?

5 posters

Go down

I wonder if this trade rumor has any legs? Empty I wonder if this trade rumor has any legs?

Post by kdp59 Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:22 am

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2017/01/27/orlando-magic-rumors-boston-celtics-eyeing-nikola-vucevic/

key part that I found interesting:

Our Zach Palmer posed a trade with the Celtics that involved Vucevic a few days ago in a OrlandoMagicDaily.com round table post.

It sent Vucevic and C.J. Watson to Boston for Amir Johnson, Demetrius Jackson and Guerschon Yabusele. This is the kind of trade to expect if Vucevic gets sent to Boston. An expiring contract and two developmental players that could make an impact down the road.

now that proposal was from a blog writer, but if the Magic GM would take that offer I would jump all over it ( I doubt they would).

but as I look at both teams rosters and salary's, I come up with bit of a bigger option.

Vucevic and Payton

for

Zeller and Smart

Danny would probably have to sweeten with an early second next year and a future non-Nets first rounder.

any thoughts?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

I wonder if this trade rumor has any legs? Empty Re: I wonder if this trade rumor has any legs?

Post by dboss Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:24 am

I do not like either options. Replace Yabu with Mickey and I like the first one.

Second option I am not trading Smart.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

I wonder if this trade rumor has any legs? Empty Re: I wonder if this trade rumor has any legs?

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:29 pm

I agree with dboss.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Yabu is going to be a star. He has the body, athleticism and a good shot. He can play power forward or small forward where I prefer him.

Smart........hummmmmmmm....it took AB a few years to develop a consistent shot so we are another summer/year away from determining if he is a bust offensively. there are also a ton of point & 2 guards in the top 5 players in this years draft as an option.

It is a Danny deal as long as the terms do not get too crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:52 pm

I would also not trade Smart for a margin up grade like Vusevic especiallly when there are similar players available who will not be as expensive.

Every time I hear of Smart being included in any/all trades that do not get the Cs a true star player back I kind of cringe.  Although many may disagree with my thoughts on Smart, I think that at least for the next three seasons he will be more valuable than either of the two Nets picks for the Cs.

This guy has proven to getting better every year (note the 11 assists last night -even against a weak opponent- when many of us originally thought that he may never even be close to becoming a point guard), and is not done growing as an NBA player.  He possesses known drive, determination, defensive abilities as well as already becoming a team leader in Boston.  Does he have weaknesses?  Yes, but the two kids picked with the Nets picks will also have some weaknesses when they arrive.

With that said, I would likely do the first trade scenario that KDP offered with DBOSS's addition of Mickey rather than Guershon, but I would rather see Noel in green before Vusevic.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:52 pm

I would also not trade Smart for a small up grade like Vusevic especially when there are similar players available who will not be as expensive.

Every time I hear of Smart being included in any/all trades that do not get the Cs a true star player back I kind of cringe.  Although many may disagree with my thoughts on Smart, I think that at least for the next three seasons he will be more valuable than either of the two Nets picks for the Cs.

This guy has proven to getting better every year (note the 11 assists last night even against a weak opponent when many of originally thought that he may never even be close to becoming a point guard) and is not done growing as an NBA player.  He possesses known drive, determination, defensive abilities as well as already becoming a team leader in Boston.  Does he have weaknesses?  Yes, but the two kids picked with the Nets picks will also have some weaknesses when they arrive.

With that said, I would likely do the first trade scenario that KDP offered with DBOSS's addition of Mickey rather than Guershon, but I would rather see Noel in green before Vusevic.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:24 pm

I should have made it more apparent.

the first trade was from the article, from one of their fellow bloggers I believe.

Personally, I though that trade was kinda light on our end.

I threw out the second option, but to my defense I had not had my coffee yet.

again I WOULD take the option that the Orlando blogger came up with in a minute.

An aging and expiring Amir deal along with Jackson and the rights to Yabusele who have proven nothing in the NBA to this point.

Not sure I am sold on how much Vucivic moves the needle over all for us, but he IS better than Amir and is a solid rebounder who can score inside and at mid range. The fact that he is signed for an additional two years at Amir type salary is a big plus moving forward also.

so more scoring, better rebounding, good salary per output ratio...against worst defense, not much help with rim protection.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:42 pm

28 mins ago – via ESPN
Vucevic, by contrast, is a proven scorer and rebounder whose comparatively modest $11.8 million salary will presumably offset some of the defensive concerns in circulation. But sources say Boston’s talks with Orlando to date on the Vucevic front haven’t progressed past the exploratory stage.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:47 pm

Bob...that translate to = Orlando is seeing what Boston offers before talking to other teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:03 pm

A lot of times measuring one player to another leaves out the big chemistry factor.

I would prefer a center that rebounds and can play defense.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down