Post Game Thread - vs Orlando Magic, Home

2 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Orlando Magic, Home Empty Post Game Thread - vs Orlando Magic, Home

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:19 pm

So, that's what a baby harp seal looks like...

We won by 30, the game wasn't that close.

No pnr defense by Orlando at all.  None.  They have two bigs, really, Vucevic and BISmack BiyOMMMBBBOOOOO!!!  They are mirror images of each other offensively/defensively.  There have been some trade rumors about Orlando shopping Vucevic.  I watched him in Philly and I've watched him in Orlando.  NOT a good defender.  To me, if we're going that route, I'd stick with Kelly.  Same height, Vucevic is heavier and has more of an inside game, is a better rebounder (ok, he gets a much needed edge there, but he is a HUGELY better rebounder) but he shoots 27% from 3 and 63% from the line.  In short, his poor defensive effort makes him NOT my choice for a starting center playing along Al Horford although $12.5M/year for 2 more years after this one is cheap by today's standards for starting big.

Amir and Jonas outplayed Ibaka and Gordon.  Same points, 17 combined/duo, but the defense by Amir and Jonas was MUCH better.  A GREAT chase down block by Jonas on Ibaka in the 1st.  Made Sportcenter's #3 play of the day.  Harden with a stuff was #1.  What a bunch of garbage.  A 6'5" athlete stuffing a ball through a 10' high hoop on a breakaway is impressive?  I'm sorry, but so many of today's basketball fans are nothing more than a bunch of towel-waving morons, and that's ESPN's viewers (for the record, I was in a sports bar and surrounded by TVs the size of doors).  Amir and Jonas with 12 boards, the other pair with 5, all by Gordon.  Ibaka played 21 minutes and didn't grab a single rebound.

Smart was 3-7 for 8 points, 11 assists and only 2 TOs.  This is what I like and want from him.  Limited shooting, unless he is posting someone up, run the offense as the back up point guard and his usual kamikaze defense.

Now that Sully is gone we should trade for Elfriid Payton to get some depth in our "worst dos on the planet" chart.  

Career night for Jaylen Brown.  Career high 20 points on 6-13 and 8 rebounds, and he missed a lay up or two that he will make next year.  The rook looked good.  I wonder what Brad will do with the starting lineup if/when Horford is back tonight against Milwaukee.  It might be interesting to see uber-athlete Jaylen Brown start against The Greek Freak.  If you haven't watched the Freak before, tonight is must-see TV.  I enjoy watching him and Joel Embiid more than almost any other players.  The Freak is the future of the NBA.  Just to let you know what to expect, he is listed at 6'11", 216# (so he is 1" taller than Brandon Ingram but 20-25# heavier) 12" hand-width (Kawhi Leonard, who has YUGE hands, is 11.25"), 7'3" wingspan, a 28.7 usage rate (28.7% of all of the Bucks' plays involve him.  By comparison IT's usage rate is 33.9 and we know how much he has the ball in his hands, and he's a point guard) and plays point forward.

Brooklyn lost, Miami won, Toronto won.  We are still tied with Toronto in the loss column, 1/2 game behind because they have 1 more win.  Brooklyn now has the worst record in the league by 5 1/2 games over the Lakers, who have 6 more wins and have played 4 more games.  The Lakers have more home games (17) than road games (15) left.  Phoenix is 6 games ahead of Brooklyn and they have more home games left than road games too.  Brooklyn is screwed, with more road than home games ahead.  Now we just need to pray to the basketball gods that the pingpong balls bounce correctly.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900118

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Orlando Magic, Home Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Orlando Magic, Home

Post by steve3344 Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:14 pm

Bob - Lakers have seven more wins that the Nyets, not six.  The only team with just six more wins than Bkln is Phoenix.  Hope the Suns can beat Denver tonight.

steve3344

Back to top Go down