many people compare IT to Tiny, but for me this is player he reminds me of.

2 posters

Go down

many people compare IT to Tiny, but for me this is player he reminds me of. Empty many people compare IT to Tiny, but for me this is player he reminds me of.

Post by kdp59 Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LLVdADh5_k

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&hint=Calvin+Murphy&player_id1_select=Calvin+Murphy&player_id1=murphca01&hint=Tiny+Archibald&player_id2_select=Tiny+Archibald&player_id2=architi01&hint=Isaiah+Thomas&player_id3_select=Isaiah+Thomas&player_id3=thomais02

for me Hall of famer Calvin Murphy is closest player I have seen to compare IT to.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

many people compare IT to Tiny, but for me this is player he reminds me of. Empty Re: many people compare IT to Tiny, but for me this is player he reminds me of.

Post by dboss Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:41 am

Tiny and Calvin were great little guys

I think the Tiny comparison may be closer though because they are both southpaws and had that unique ability to take their man off the dribble with lightning speed and an amazing use of angles and body contact.

I think IT uses both hands better than either one of them did and of course since the game is now behind the arc, IT has a clear advantage there.

Murphys' best year was in 77-78 where he averaged 25.6 PPG.  I think he was an excellent mid range shooter that could drive the ball and then pull up and knock down mid-range jumpers.  He was also an outstanding free throw shooter if i recall.

I think IT may be the best of the three because he can attack the defense in all 3 phases (deep, mid-range and at the rim)

I still think he reminds me of Tiny more so than Murphy.  Same ball handling skills.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down