GOOD LUCK TO THE CELTICS AND THEIR FANS

+4
bigpygme
bobc33
beat
MustangGator
8 posters

Go down

GOOD LUCK TO THE CELTICS AND THEIR FANS Empty GOOD LUCK TO THE CELTICS AND THEIR FANS

Post by MustangGator Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Sam and Celtic Nation,

I normally don't start threads. Just doesn't seem appropriate for a Lakers Fan to start threads on a Celtics site. However, I feel this one is appropriate. I just wanted to say before the playoff run starts, Good luck. Good luck to the Celtics and to their fans. I pull for good things to happen for my friends. I feel I have several friends I have met on this board. I hope to meet a few in San Francisco if I can get the time off. So, I pull for the Celtics because I enjoy it when my friends are happy. Everyone knows Celtics wins equals happy Celtics Fans.

Besides if, and a huge if on both sides, revenge from 2008 would be so sweet if the Celtics meet the Lakers in the finals, LOL. I can dream can't I? No need to reply. The only intent of this thread was to say GOOD LUCK TO THE CELTICS AND THEIR FANS. May the games begin.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

GOOD LUCK TO THE CELTICS AND THEIR FANS Empty Re: GOOD LUCK TO THE CELTICS AND THEIR FANS

Post by beat Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks Gator

By the way your local San Diego State pitching star is in the minors in the Washington Nationals system. Right now AA Harisburg but after a couple more starts should be in AAA Syracuse at which time my son plans on getting his autograph as many times as he can!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

GOOD LUCK TO THE CELTICS AND THEIR FANS Empty Re: GOOD LUCK TO THE CELTICS AND THEIR FANS

Post by bobc33 Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:37 pm

MustangGator wrote:Sam and Celtic Nation,

I normally don't start threads. Just doesn't seem appropriate for a Lakers Fan to start threads on a Celtics site. However, I feel this one is appropriate. I just wanted to say before the playoff run starts, Good luck. Good luck to the Celtics and to their fans. I pull for good things to happen for my friends. I feel I have several friends I have met on this board. I hope to meet a few in San Francisco if I can get the time off. So, I pull for the Celtics because I enjoy it when my friends are happy. Everyone knows Celtics wins equals happy Celtics Fans.

Besides if, and a huge if on both sides, revenge from 2008 would be so sweet if the Celtics meet the Lakers in the finals, LOL. I can dream can't I? No need to reply. The only intent of this thread was to say GOOD LUCK TO THE CELTICS AND THEIR FANS. May the games begin.

MG

MG,

You are a class act. Hope to see you in the finals!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:12 pm

MG -
love your contributions, you're a valuable member of this community of lovers of great basketball - no matter who's playing.

what a treat it will be to meet in the finals again. time will tell when that'll happen, but it WILL happen. and i hope you and all the rest are still togather to celebrate this remarkable rivalry.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon$$ Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:54 pm

I will never get why Laker fans feel they must join Celtic forums...

But none the less, MustangGator, you are one of the classier ones to do so.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:32 pm

beat wrote:Thanks Gator

By the way your local San Diego State pitching star is in the minors in the Washington Nationals system. Right now AA Harisburg but after a couple more starts should be in AAA Syracuse at which time my son plans on getting his autograph as many times as he can!!

beat

Beat, that would be cool if Marcus did get his autograph. I haven't followed his progress since he joined the National's system. He is suppose to be really something barring injuries. I will probably start checking in on him a little. Not sure if you know this or not. But Stephen Strasburg is a prime example why some kids should go to college first before accepting the riches of MLB. I read a local article last year that talked about how he was a really low draft pick out of high school. I can't remember the exact round, but it was something like in the 20 something round if I remember that correctly. He decided to go to San Diego ST. on a scholarship, mature a little, and get nothing but better. Now as you know, he was last years number one draft pick signing for millions.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Bob, Michael,
Thanks for the nice comments. A rematch this year would be great. But if not, I am sure the two most successful NBA Franchises will meet again down the road.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:05 pm

MG

Funny how things work out sometimes. Certainly agree in most cases going to college is the better route.

This baseball season we lost the JV coach early in the school year. Marcus liked him a lot and I was quitte concerned about whom the school might get to replace him. As the months went by nothing happened. Then they thought they had someone but NO. Then the VARSITY coach resigned and we had no one. The season was to begin (practices) quite soon and still no coach at either the Varsity or JV level. I had no doubt Marcus would play JV and do well but ..........................gosh we needed 2 coaches now.

Well they found a varsity Coach and then a JV coach. Both are good coaches and enthusiastic. So Marcus went to the first practice and when I went to pick him up he wasn't with the JV kids, he was with the varsity.
I was a little concerned but I trusted the coach, he's been a pitching coach at Clarkson University and has many connections. He has been general manager of the local college summer team for the past 7 years.

Last week Marcus had a practice and we were running a bit late to pick him up so the Coach hung around with him for a bit. He told Marcus that if he is willing to work at it and he will help him he really thinks he can go somewhere with that left arm. He thinks he can increase his speed to 80 by next season and perhaps 85-90 by the time he is a senior. As long as he works at his control the speed can come with increase in strength and flexability. His mechanics are sound right now.

We'll see where the road leads. Right now he's learning a lot and above that he's having fun. The team is not that good and hopefully can win 1/2 their games. He misses playing first this season when he's not on the mound but it beats being on JV and of course the challenge of facing kids that are mostly 2-3 years older is something he relishes.

I am truly blessed to have a son like him. He's got a good head on his shoulders. Above the skill is the fact his GPA is over 90. A couple kids on the team have academic issues so we don't have any worries there.

He's heading to a sports card show tomorrow with his cousin. Of course his birthday money has been buring a hole in his pocket.

Hope all is well with your son and that he's still a C's fan.

And you know you are welcome to jump ship anytime, and swim over to the darkside.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:08 pm

BrandonBanks$$$ wrote:I will never get why Laker fans feel they must join Celtic forums...

But none the less, MustangGator, you are one of the classier ones to do so.

Brandon,
First, I cannot speak for other Lakers Fans so I won't. I can only address my reasons for posting on a Celtics site. I don't feel I MUST join a Celtic forum. I am 50 years old this year and have allot of other things to keep me busy. However, I consider sports and posting in Sam's forum a form of entertainment.

I started posting 2 years ago at the other site as SDLaker during the finals between our two teams. Since they were playing each other, I thought it was more than appropriate for some friendly bantering back and forth during that series. I CHOSE to continue posting on a Celtics Forum for one reason only. That one reason is summed up in three letters......Sam. I really connected with and loved Sam's posts back then, and still do. I loved the stories and history he had to offer of his experiences following the Celtics and books he has read. Funny thing is, I even learned allot about the Lakers through Sam's experiences. Since first joining, I have met others, although not in person, that I really enjoy posting with. Now I pick up tid bits from other posters on here also. By hanging around I have learned allot more about NBA history, including Celtics basketball.

Finally, thank you for the nice comment about being one of the classier Lakers Fans, I think.....LOL. Again, good luck with your team.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Beat thanks. What a great story about Marcus. I have always been able to tell that you are extremely proud of your son just by the way you write about him. I am sure he is just as proud, if not more so, to have you as a father. Kids now days, more than ever, need their parents support with whatever they decide to do with their lives. I can tell that you are there for Marcus, good or bad. I am really pulling for him and hope he achieves whatever his dream is.

As for Donald, he is and always has been a front runner when it comes to his teams. If they win, he is there pulling for them. He really wanted a Nate Robinson Jersey because his favorite College team is the Washington Huskeys, where Nate went to. Once he was traded to the Celtics, that was all I heard for two weeks.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:28 pm

MG

Good luck to you and your Lakers. I think the Thunder are a great young team and it should be a tough series. It is nice to have you around and I find your post to be among the best we have here at Sam's. I am in sf and hope to be able to stay for the gathering. Sam threw me a lifeline over at bdc and I wound up here and have really enjoyed it. Playoff time!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Mustang,

You're one of my favorite aspects of this forum, and I hope you'll always feel most welcome here. Having gotten to know you and (through you) your family has been a distinct pleasure. I really hope you can make it to the party. Families are welcome too. And here's hoping our respective teams meet in the finals. Many fans may want Kobe-Lebron, but that's piddling in my eyes, compared to the hammer-and-tongs experience of a Celtics-Lakers matchup. So all the best to you as you follow your team (and, I hope when it's convenient, ours as well).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:59 pm

As I've said before, SD... for my money, you are always welcome to any Celtic forum I go to...you're a class act and bring positive energy to the Celtic-Laker rivalry...maybe the best rivalry in sports.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:40 am

Thanks Jeb,

The Thunder played the Lakers a little tough this morning. Hope to see/meet you in SF if your able to make it. Sam is good at throwing lifelines. He has actually thrown me a couple. Being a Laker Fan I really expected an anchor to be thrown in my direction, LOL.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:43 am

Thanks Sam, you are 100% right. Nothing batter than Celtics - Lakers Basketball. Sure would be nice to return to that this year again.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:46 am

LACELTFAN wrote:As I've said before, SD... for my money, you are always welcome to any Celtic forum I go to...you're a class act and bring positive energy to the Celtic-Laker rivalry...maybe the best rivalry in sports.

Thanks LACelt,

For my money, the Celtics and Lakers are the best rivalry.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down