+5
cowens/oldschool
mulcogiseng
Shamrock1000
wideclyde
kdp59
9 posters

Go down

Sullinger is   looking for a job now. Empty Sullinger is looking for a job now.

Post by kdp59 Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:11 am

The Phoenix Suns have signed guard Ronnie Price for the remainder of the season. The Suns have also waived forward Mike Scott and center/forward Jared Sullinger. – via NBA.com

Might as well sign him for the rest of the year and cut MIckey now.

he at least knows Brad system.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Sullinger is   looking for a job now. Empty Re: Sullinger is looking for a job now.

Post by kdp59 Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:47 am

Bring back the BIG BUTT!!!!

Cool
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Sullinger is   looking for a job now. Empty Re: Sullinger is looking for a job now.

Post by wideclyde Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:53 am

I have no problem waiving Jordan Mickey if a rebounding player becomes available in the next little bit of time as unfortunately Mickey has found his way to the bottom of our roster. But, I am not sure that Sullinger is the right guy.

He has not played much in Toronto this year so I have no idea if his game has changed, but if he is still going to think that he is a 3 point shooter I see no more reason to add him now when he was not worth keeping last summer. This guy made me cringe every single time he launched a three in years past and not totally because his shot was mechanically flawed. Every three pointer attempted was just one more time that he was not near the basket to get some more rebounds.

I wrote many times last year that I thought that this guy could be a 20 and 10 guy if he would play close to the rim and got into top shape. If he is in shape now he may still be a guy who can get a double double every night IF he stays nearer the hoop, get more rebounds, put backs and draw more fouls.

However, if he is still thinking (or is allowed to think) that he is a 3 point shooter, there is no point in adding him back onto our roster. Remember, Toronto just waived this guy and they must have had a reason to do so.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:55 am

Wide, the difference is that we would be signing him for low money for the rest of this season. Not committing millions over several years. At least that is what I would envision. The more knowledgeable board members/capologists will surely correct me if I'm wrong about how this signing might work.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:23 pm

Just a little tidy up but Sully was traded by Toronto to Phoenix and it was Phx who waived him. I'm pretty sure he was told to shoot those 3's. Like it or not, and I often don't, Brad plays an "everybody gets to shoot 3s" system of play. If we continue to be patient, Danny will sign an upgrade soon unless he has stopped reading this forum. Unless, of course, he doesn't see the need we see or just has a strong aversion to a rim protecting big who can pull boards like a dentist pulling teeth.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:24 pm

sad kid never improved and ate his way out of the league......I don't think hes got whatever game he had just even a year ago. Foot issues, back issues, conditioning issues.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:29 pm

I think it was an injury that kept in street clothes in Toronto for most of the year there. They moved him for cap reasons to get Tucker to Phoenix. The Suns obviously had ZERO interest in him as they cut him before even seeing him practice it seems.

he knows our system and was a rotational player just last year here , Some on this board have called him the best rebounder we had even. So IF he is healthy, why not see if he wants to finish the year here?

Mickey is not going to play and will be gone next year anyway and the only other options that "MIGHT" be in play would be Jones and the dead body of Bogut.

I'll take Sully IF he is healthy to play and wants to come back home, myself.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:49 pm

kdp59 wrote:I think it was an injury that kept in street clothes in Toronto for most of the year there. They moved him for cap reasons to get Tucker to Phoenix. The Suns obviously had ZERO interest in him as they cut him before even seeing him practice it seems.

he knows our system and was a rotational player just last year here , Some on this board have called him the best rebounder we had even. So IF he is healthy, why not see if he wants to finish the year here?

Mickey is not going to play and will be gone next year anyway and the only other options   that "MIGHT" be in play would be Jones and the dead body of Bogut.

he had a broken foot, for a guy built like an NFL lineman, the big weight doesn't work for basketball. What makes you think he isn't going to be last years immobile playoff Sully who sucked and got abused by Milsap and Horford?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:09 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
kdp59 wrote:I think it was an injury that kept in street clothes in Toronto for most of the year there. They moved him for cap reasons to get Tucker to Phoenix. The Suns obviously had ZERO interest in him as they cut him before even seeing him practice it seems.

Mickey is not going to play and will be gone next year anyway and the only other options   that "MIGHT" be in play would be Jones and the dead body of Bogut.

he had a broken foot, for a guy built like an NFL lineman, the big weight doesn't work for basketball. What makes you think he isn't going to be last years immobile playoff Sully who sucked and got abused by Milsap and Horford?

not a thing....and that would still make him the best rebounder we got on this team!!

Shocked
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:19 pm

he couldn't rebound in last years playoff either

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:02 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:he couldn't rebound in last years playoff either

yeah man, wait until bunch hits the playoffs....peeeeeeuhhhhhh!!

OK I'm happy now on to Detriot.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:24 pm

It has occurred to me that Sullinger's obstacles to re-signing with the Celtics are a bit deeper than we have discussed so far.  

If you remember last year, he kept bouncing from starter to bench.  That does not describe someone Brad had a lot of confidence in even though we were not a good rebounding team last year neither.  Furthermore, Danny has been surprisingly, for him, very open about his unhappiness with Sully's conditioning and that has been ongoing for several years.  It is quite unusual for Danny to make publicly disparaging remarks about one of his players, that hurts their trade value, but he was doing it with Sully.

We assumed that Sully moved on because of the money, but he hadn't gotten an offer of any kind from Danny prior to that.  Danny wasn't letting the market set the price for him, he was just letting him go and, if that is correct, then Sully isn't coming back.  We have seen, in the past, how Danny deals with various players.  Players who are moved in a deal, like Gerald Green was in the KG trade or 'Toine, may be welcomed back since it wasn't anything wrong with them why they left in the first place.  Players who are moved because they play hardball with Danny (e.g. Rondo wanting to milk the free agency market) or who don't "get with the program" (e.g. Bogans) are as good as dead to Danny, they will never come back.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:53 pm

It's too bad that he couldn't push himself away from the buffet table. He was zero help in the playoffs last year.

We do need the rebounding that he would bring, but it would be extremely odd if Danny brought him back.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:45 pm

Actually, he did not look too bad when he played for Toronto against the Celtics.  He was just coming off his foot injury and did not look out of shape. There is no way you will see Danny resign this kid, he gave him too many shots to work himself into condition and he didn't.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:54 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Actually, he did not look too bad when he played for Toronto against the Celtics.  He was just coming off his foot injury and did not look out of shape. There is no way you will see Danny resign this kid, he gave him too many shots to work himself into condition and he didn't.

Rosalie,

Absolutely. Danny publicly called him out on it, very unusual for him to speak publicly against one of his players, Sully himself admitted "yes, I know all about Oliver Miller and what happened with him" and none of it had an effect. Sad. I used to love watching him being the belle of the ball at the Dinosaur Dance.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:38 pm

I don't see him being brought back. If he was physically sound, he might at least be an upgrade over Mickey, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down