Pierce responds to Quentin Richardson's comments

Go down

Pierce responds to Quentin Richardson's comments Empty Pierce responds to Quentin Richardson's comments

Post by Brandon$$ Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:55 pm

The Heat's Quentin Richardson's made it clear how he feels about Paul Pierce, but a day after finding himself at the bottom of a swarm of players pushing and shoving around him, Pierce decided not to fuel an already volatile situation.

"It’s just been nothing but talk really," said Pierce. "I’m not going to get into that he say, she say."

Pierce and Richardson have history that goes back to 2008 when they were both thrown out of the a game on Martin Luther King Day. When Pierce went down with a pain in his shoulder in the final minute of the Celtics' 85-76 Game 1 win, Richardson essentially said he was faking and after the game called Pierce and Kevin Garnett "actresses."

"I don’t get paid to act," Pierce said. "I get paid to play basketball."

Asked if he expected the jawing to continue, Pierce said, "We’re matched up together. What I expect is us to play basketball."

Pierce chose not to respond to Richardson's insults.

"The only thing I can do is respond with my play," Pierce said. "Regardless of what anybody says or anybody does to me, I’m just going to respond with my play."

Last edited by BrandonBanks$$$ on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Pierce responds to Quentin Richardson's comments Empty Re: Pierce responds to Quentin Richardson's comments

Post by Brandon$$ Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Pierce responds to Quentin Richardson's comments Wt4bcb6367bd0be

Gary Washburn caught up with Quentin Richardson, who said he's talked to the NBA about his part in the mess that led to the chaotic ending of last night's 85-76 Celtics win. He said he wasn't warned of any possible punishment. He reiterated, however, his feelings about Paul Pierce and the Celtics.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down