Rmbone
dboss
gyso
fierce
red16russ11
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics - Page 3 Empty Re: Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:16 am

Josh Jackson to Celtics Buzz: Woj: 2 GMs in top 6 Picks Think Jackson Could Be Best Player

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics - Page 3 Empty Re: Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:34 am

Rmbone wrote:Josh Jackson to Celtics Buzz: Woj: 2 GMs in top 6 Picks Think Jackson Could Be Best Player

Rmbone,

At this point unless Danny drafts a player who refused to work out for the team it doesn't matter how good or bad Josh Jackson is.  If he absolutely, positively does not want to play here to the point where he won't even show up for an interview then that's that and what we want is irrelevant.  You either draft a reluctant, even defiant, player or you don't.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:01 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Rmbone wrote:Josh Jackson to Celtics Buzz: Woj: 2 GMs in top 6 Picks Think Jackson Could Be Best Player

Rmbone,

At this point unless Danny drafts a player who refused to work out for the team it doesn't matter how good or bad Josh Jackson is.  If he absolutely, positively does not want to play here to the point where he won't even show up for an interview then that's that and what we want is irrelevant.  You either draft a reluctant, even defiant, player or you don't.

bob

Celtics fans have been oblivious to the fact that Fultz is by no means the clear-cut best player/prospect in this draft. Any attempt at starting the conversation has been shut down.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Fultz is by no means the clear cut best player/prospect in the draft..........but I still hope we take him.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Rmbone wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Rmbone,

bob

Celtics fans have been oblivious to the fact that Fultz is by no means the clear-cut best player/prospect in this draft. Any attempt at starting the conversation has been shut down.

Rmbone,

That may be true but that still doesn't rebut my point to you. Regardless if we should draft Jackson or not what are the chances that Danny will draft a player that is clearly saying "I don't want to play for you"? And if we aren't going to draft Josh Jackson, for whatever reason, then beating on why we should draft him is futile.

Would you draft a player that all but shouts from the rooftop that he doesn't want to play for you? Do we really want to use a #1 pick, the first in our history, on a player who doesn't want to be here and has made that plain? Do you really want to take the chance that he will be disruptive, for the express purpose of getting traded away from somewhere he didn't want to be in the first place?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Rmbone wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Rmbone,

bob

Rmbone,

That may be true but that still doesn't rebut my point to you.  Regardless if we should draft Jackson or not what are the chances that Danny will draft a player that is clearly saying "I don't want to play for you"?  And if we aren't going to draft Josh Jackson, for whatever reason, then beating on why we should draft him is futile.  

Would you draft a player that all but shouts from the rooftop that he doesn't want to play for you?  Do we really want to use a #1 pick, the first in our history, on a player who doesn't want to be here and has made that plain?  Do you really want to take the chance that he will be disruptive, for the express purpose of getting traded away from somewhere he didn't want to be in the first place?

bob

It all depends on how good that player is, and how much we want to embellish his canceling of a workout.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Bone

Fultz is the clear cut best player available in the upcoming draft.  A few may not agree but Celtics Nation has already weighed in.

A recent poll indicates that 79% of Celtics fans think that the Celtics should draft Fultz.  That is pretty clear cut to me.

The narrative will not change because you do not agree.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Glad to see Rmbone has been digging into his copy of How To Win Friends and Influence Others, as discussed a few weeks back. Rolling Eyes

Same broken record on Josh Jackson and same lack of respect for fellow posters and their opinions.  Sam would not be impressed.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:15 pm

I don't know much about any of these college players but, to compare anyone, at this stage of the game, to KG is a huge stretch. He is who he is, but he has a long way to go to be a young KG
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:30 pm

"With the way the game is going today, I think I can guard 1 through 4," he told the Lakers' website. "But back then probably 10 years ago, your 4-man probably would have been 6-foot-10 or something like that, so probably not. But the way the game is changing so much today, versatility is pretty important and I think I bring a lot to the table, especially being [able] to switch on any position except the 5." - EXPN

More from Josh:
"I think I can play pretty much 1 through 4 for an NBA team," he said, according to the website. "Playing the 4 at Kansas really helped me out a lot. I wasn't too excited about playing the 4 coming into Kansas, but we caused a lot of mismatch problems, and I think it really bettered me as a player."

Doesn't sound like a shooting guard to me!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:54 pm

dboss wrote:Bone

Fultz is the clear cut best player available in the upcoming draft.  A few may not agree but Celtics Nation has already weighed in.

A recent poll indicates that 79% of Celtics fans think that the Celtics should draft Fultz.  That is pretty clear cut to me.

The narrative will not change because you do not agree.

dboss

Right, what would GMs know about basketball. It's a no-brainer.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Ram bone is such a lightning rod, eh? lol Sure, he makes outrageous statements, defends his pov with passion, sez stuff that other board members and the so called experts disagree with. But he picked Jaylen Brown last year and he was right so I'm biding my time until the draft to see if he is right once again.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:54 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:Ram bone is such a lightning rod, eh? lol Sure, he makes outrageous statements, defends his pov with passion, sez stuff that other board members and the so called experts disagree with. But he picked Jaylen Brown last year and he was right so I'm biding my time until the draft to see if he is right once again.

I wasn't here last year, but I also had Jaylen Brown on another Celtics site. And this year I have Fultz.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:55 pm

I would expect nothing less from Magic Johnson than to be fully prepared for this draft.

Regarding Jackson, "He also has small hands." Let's hope he doesn't run for President.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Rambone also picked Thon Maker, even though Thon is drawing Social Security checks.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:56 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:Ram bone is such a lightning rod, eh? lol  Sure, he makes outrageous statements, defends his pov with passion, sez stuff that other board members and the so called experts disagree with. But he picked Jaylen Brown last year and he was right so I'm biding my time until the draft to see if he is right once again.

Don't forget Thon Maker. I said we needed to trade up from #16 to get him, but he was clearly a second round talent. All the experts said so.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:56 pm

worcester wrote:Rambone also picked Thon Maker, even though Thon is drawing Social Security checks.

Jinx.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:57 pm

worcester wrote:I would expect nothing less from Magic Johnson than to be fully prepared for this draft.

Regarding Jackson, "He also has small hands." Let's hope he doesn't run for President.

He'd lose in a landslide. All the experts would say so...

Edit: 'Who cares what those polls in Wisconsin say, he's losing by millions in New York and California...'

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Yes, all the experts would say so.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Maker has yet to distinguish himself as an NBA player

21st in scoring among rookies and 20th in rebounding and he is really tall.

He only played 562 minutes which was 23rd among the rookies.    I liked him at 16 but he went 10th.  Until we see how Yabu and Zizic play there is no way to determine if we should have traded up for Maker

Bone picked Brown last year and he was definitely right about that.  I wanted buddy because I thought Boston's biggest need was shooting.  By the way Buddy led all rookies in PPG and overall points scored for the season.  Just thought I would point that out.

But Bone also had the hots for Poeltl and let's not forget Dragan Bender.  Both of those players sucked wind their rookie year.  

The fact is that we can only speculate about how good any player will be.  I think Jackson and Tatum and Fox and Ball are going to be very good players.  I think Fultz will be better than all of them.

Here is a link to rookie production..You can sort by category.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2016.html

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:51 pm

"and let's not forget Dragan Bender."

I was never high on Bender, and passionately advocated against picking him at 3.

Maker didn't get minutes until late January, when Jabari went down, when the Bucks were 22-28. Everybody thought they would go into tank mode, but Maker entered the starting lineup, and they played awesome the rest of the season. And then in the playoffs Maker stepped it up yet another level.

The mistake you made with Buddy Hield is similar to the mistake you're making with Fultz. Defense matters as much as offense. Deciding the team needs a shooter, or needs a scoring, doesn't mean that you should just disregard defensive talent.

Luckily Danny and Brad are in charge, and they place high value on defense. That's why we got the #1 seed and got to the ECF, despite many "experts" and "fans" thinking we'd be lucky to win as many games as we won the year before. The same mistake people made two years ago, when the 48 wins completely caught them by surprise.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Rmbone wrote:"and let's not forget Dragan Bender."

I was never high on Bender, and passionately advocated against picking him at 3.

Maker didn't get minutes until late January, when Jabari went down, when the Bucks were 22-28. Everybody thought they would go into tank mode, but Maker entered the starting lineup, and they played awesome the rest of the season. And then in the playoffs Maker stepped it up yet another level.

The mistake you made with Buddy Hield is similar to the mistake you're making with Fultz. Defense matters as much as offense. Deciding the team needs a shooter, or needs a scoring, doesn't mean that you should just disregard defensive talent.

Luckily Danny and Brad are in charge, and they place high value on defense. That's why we got the #1 seed and got to the ECF, despite many "experts" and "fans" thinking we'd be lucky to win as many games as we won the year before. The same mistake people made two years ago, when the 48 wins completely caught them by surprise.

I thought you liked Bender but I was wrong. I did not make a mistake about buddy. He is a scorer and that is why i wanted him. I am big on defense as you should know. Jackson for example is a better defender than Fultz at this point but i believe Fultz will become a very good defender once he is plugged into our system. Keep in mind that Washington player a lot of Zone defenses. But I'll take offense over defense in today's NBA environment and Fultz has a complete offensive package and none of the other guys do.

With Jackson and Ball's refusal to work out for Boston i do not see either of them being rewarding. Would you marry someone if they refused to go out on a date with you? Screw Jackson and Ball.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:34 pm

rambone you are pissing people off again.

remember all this stuff is just your OPINION!!!

you are NOT a draft expert, even if you play one on the internet.

no one hates you here and many of us enjoy having debate (even those of us that have mixed it up with you in the past), but DUDE, you gotta remember who you are.

Stop it!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 pm

kdp59 wrote:rambone you are pissing people off again.

remember all this stuff is just your OPINION!!!

you are NOT a draft expert, even if you play one on the internet.

no one hates you here and many of us enjoy having debate (even those of us that have mixed it up with you in the past), but DUDE, you gotta remember who you are.

Stop it!

You wouldn't know a draft expert if you talked to one every day.

Did any of your "draft experts" tell you that Fultz wasn't Danny's guy, or that Fultz wasn't necessarily the best prospect in this draft? Nope. They all told you it was in the bag, the ultimate no-brainer. Danny's playing Colangelo like the chump he is. There's a lot of chumps out there.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3