bigpygme
gyso
22 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

You create the caption - Page 2 Empty Re: You create the caption

Post by NESportsfan12 Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:11 pm

tjmakz wrote:beat,

Concerning the post about the thread about Kobe and the woman from Colorado, I liked how you make a ridiculous reply on Friday and then deleted it. Be man enough to stick by your posts and not delete them later.
Apparantely, you never read the transcripts about the woman that made the accusations about Kobe. Maybe you should do so or are you going to be like the people on bdc who call Kobe a rapist?

Don't worry about why I post here. It seems like you have enough to worry about with Kobe, LeBron, David Stern, the referees in the NBA and the league wide conspiracy against the Celtics.

I don't think that anyone here thinks that there's "a league-wide conspiracy against the Celtics". Do the refs frustratingly blow calls during Celtics' games? Sure. Do we comment on those situations when we see them? Absolutely. Do refs blow calls in other games in the same proportion? No doubt-- but most of us don't have time to watch EVERY televised NBA game, so we tend to comment on these goings-ons from a fairly one-dimensional perspective. Do the refs tend to give the calls to superstars? Sure-- does this mean that Kobe and LeBron will get more calls than Glen Davis? Yeah...of course, it also means that KG is going to get calls that Andre Blatche (for example) isn't going to get. The bias is not just one-sided, but it does tend to increase with skill level (you can read into that last sentence a very real compliment toward Kobe and Lebron, btw).

As for Kobe's status as a rapist? Who the hell knows. I am certain that you don't KNOW that he didn't do it. I also perceive that there is great incentive to accuse a professional, highly paid athlete of sexual assault, since it will normally result in a hefty settlement. It also takes a hell of a scum-bag to do that. Once again-- two sides to every story. Sure, we frequently represent one side, but that doesn't mean that we're blind to the existence and validity of the other.

You ought to relax, and recognize that we recognize that there are two sides to every argument. We frequently look at the NBA through "green" goggles-- that's OK! Lakers fans like yourself tend to look at things through "purple" goggles-- also fine! That is the foundation for healthy discourse, and there's nothing wrong with that. You've offered a lot to this board, but posts like this greatly discount from those contributions.

Finally, I highly doubt that the gyso meant anything against the Lakers by his post. Can you really look me in the eyes right now and tell me it isn't an objectively hilarious picture-- regardless of who is depicted? There will be plenty of these that include Celtics... and they'll be no less funny.

There have been plenty of anti-Lakers posts on this board-- not such that they're uncivil-- but we'd be hard-pressed to deny that fact. This simply is not one of those posts, and your reaction seems somewhat juvenile.

NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:18 pm

gyso wrote:Occasionally, a picture will show up that is more than just a guy shooting over another guy, more than just a guy grabbing a rebound.

I found a couple of these and decided to start this thread.

Here is the first picture, you provide the caption:

You create the caption - Page 2 You_wr10

Bynum: Ok, time to pound these guys inside.

Pau: Wait- that's not what Phil meant !!!
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:46 pm

tjmakz wrote:Pete,

You didn't post the pic gyso did. As usual he/she can give it but never take it.

tj- wow, are you barking up the wrong tree. In the year or so I've been posting with gyso, first at BDC and then on this board, I've found him to always be even-handed and fair, as well as a very smart, objective observer of the game and the economics thereof. I'd watch a playoff game at a bar over a couple of beers with gyso anytime.

You, on the other hand, consistently come off as a whiny, insecure little kid who has trouble dealing with reality and takes offense over imaginary slights and petty perceived grievances.

The guys on this board won't come right out and say it because they are Cs fans and don't want to seem like they are painting Lakers fans with a broad brush. But as Lakers fan I can tell it like it is: your oversensitivity is pathetic and embarrassing, both to yourself and to Laker fans on here like MustangGator and myself. Man up. If you can't have fun with it and take a little heat, get out of the kitchen.

The Lakers played a stupid game on Thursday and lost a game they had in hand by jacking too many threes and by Kobe shooting too much in the 4th. They followed that up last night with a complete no-show similar to last year's game 4 vs Houston. They got their asses kick, and deservedly so.

If you can't have a little fun with a funny picture the day after a loss like that than you need to get a life. If you can't deal with that you shouldn't be posting on a CELTICS board. Or at the very least, if you're going to stick around on this board, kill the martyr act, take things in stride and don't take offense over every little thing someone says or does that somehow, in your mind, is offensive to the Lakers.

The guys on this board are a good group and have a lot of respect for the LAL as worthy rivals to their beloved Cs. Don't let your own insecurities bring your tone and level of conversation down to a place that is on the road to becoming BDC part 2, with its focus on anger, insults and pettiness, because I will be the first to ask Sam and the rest of these guys to ban you.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Of course gyso comes across as fair to Celtics fans because you agree with everything he posts. I'm not saying he isn't a great person, but he comes across as having a short temper and intolerant.
I can't deal with reality? I am the first one to kill the Lakers for their play this year, their lack of intensity, their lack of team speed, their poor job of getting Artest comfortable in their offense, etc...Read my posts and I am not a Lakers homer that wears blinders.
Game 4 was embarrassing for LA. They were not mentally ready to win that game. They might not even be better then OKC in a 7 game series. OKC won the same amount of games as Boston in a tough Western Conference.
I can't say anything about Boston without being blasted on this website.
gyso is the one that started this thread like one that is commonly found on bdc. That is a lower standard that I would expect a mod would have on this website.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:19 pm

babyskyhook wrote:
gyso wrote:Occasionally, a picture will show up that is more than just a guy shooting over another guy, more than just a guy grabbing a rebound.

I found a couple of these and decided to start this thread.

Here is the first picture, you provide the caption:

You create the caption - Page 2 You_wr10

Bynum: Ok, time to pound these guys inside.

Pau: Wait- that's not what Phil meant !!!

bsh,

Thanks for seeing this for what it was. Did you go to the Noah thread and see the Mind Meld one. That was the seed that started this whole "you fill in the caption" thing. It will continue. I like the fact that others are offering up pictures of their own.

My caption for this pic was: (think Heros, NBC)

The game was going along in the Thunder's favor until Pau used his ability. You see, Pau has the ability to freeze time. He stole this ability from Hiro. Of course his henchman, Bynum was in contact with Pau when he froze time, so he was available to do the dirty work.

Others (including you) easily topped that one.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:26 pm

tjmakz wrote:Of course gyso comes across as fair to Celtics fans because you agree with everything he posts. I'm not saying he isn't a great person, but he comes across as having a short temper and intolerant.
I can't deal with reality? I am the first one to kill the Lakers for their play this year, their lack of intensity, their lack of team speed, their poor job of getting Artest comfortable in their offense, etc...Read my posts and I am not a Lakers homer that wears blinders.
Game 4 was embarrassing for LA. They were not mentally ready to win that game. They might not even be better then OKC in a 7 game series. OKC won the same amount of games as Boston in a tough Western Conference.
I can't say anything about Boston without being blasted on this website.
gyso is the one that started this thread like one that is commonly found on bdc. That is a lower standard that I would expect a mod would have on this website.

first of all, I'm a Lakers fan, not a Cs fan. So gyso seems fair to me because..... he's fair- not because we're both Cs fans. I've never seen anything gyso's written that would even remotely hint at him being intolerant or having a short temper.

You seem incredibly overly-sensitive. What does gyso starting this thread have in common with the BDC ? Absolutely nothing. Just him having some fun with a funny picture that just HAPPENS to have two Lakers in it.

If you analyze the Cs as objectively as you analyze the Lakers, I doubt you'll ever get any real problems on this site. Sure, there might be a hard case or two who see the world through green and white glasses and bring up petty little things to try to rile you up, but do you really care about a hater or two ? The vast majority of the people on this board are great people to have smart basketball discussions with, and isn't that why you're here ? To have informed discussions with people from the other side ? I would hope it's not to get into petty wars of words, because that's what the BDC is. (And just for clarity, when I talk about a hard case or two, I am NOT talking about beat. beat's disdain for the LAL is well-documented, but he is fair, respectful and calls 'em like he sees 'em- he is another one of the good guys. He hates the Lakers but is not a HATER.)

So it's all about perspective- if you truly think gyso's thread was similar to something you would find on the BDC, then I don't know what to tell you, because you are seeing things no one else is seeing and living in a world of your own creation. And if that's the way you see things, then everything is going to be an attack on you and you are always going to be the unfortunate soul who is treated unfairly in the matters of all things Laker-related on a Celtics board. That's called having a martyr complex, and no on here is going to be able to help you.

So you should take a long hard look at what you think are the times you got blasted on this board, and ask yourself, is that really the case ? And what did you say as part of the exchange ? Otherwise you'll just be convincing yourself that you're a victim here, which will have a bad outcome eventually and not be fun in the meantime.

as Pac said, "Check yourself before you wreck yourself."
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm

Here's a link to the Noah thread:

https://samcelt.forumotion.net/hot-celtics-and-basketball-topics-f1/bulls-noah-on-garnett-he-s-a-dirty-player-t1227.htm

Truly ... Funny ... Picture

An event frozen in time taken out of context by your imagination. That's all this is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:46 pm

baby,

Why does beat get a pass for what he says? Don't you think I hate the Celtics as much as he hates the Lakers? There is a line of respect that he doesn't seem to have to follow.
The martyr complex is the constant threads about the referees, TNT hating the Celtics, David Stern, Tim Donaghy, etc. (Oh and today, Wade Worship).
This thread is one that is commonly found on bdc. Antagonistic. Do you think I would post a picture of the Celtics after they got smoked by NJ at home or after one of their 27 losses in their last 54 games?
Was it a coincidence that this thread was about the Lakers? No. Why not 'find' a picture of Nowitzki or Derrick Rose?
Threatening to go to Sam is beyond juvenile. I don't think Sam has a problem with me posting here.

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 pm

gyso wrote:Here's a link to the Noah thread:

https://samcelt.forumotion.net/hot-celtics-and-basketball-topics-f1/bulls-noah-on-garnett-he-s-a-dirty-player-t1227.htm

Truly ... Funny ... Picture

An event frozen in time taken out of context by your imagination. That's all this is.

Big Z: Is that about right ?

Noah: Yeah- make sure it's the same lift on both sides, and don't forget to tuck the wrinkles in on the corners. I don't want to look like Meg Ryan.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:58 pm

juvenile: calling someone he/she on a Celtic discussion board?

I can't find my thesaurus.

ironic? nope, that one was used already.

lame? weak? where's that dang book?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Sorry, I couldn't determine the gender from the name gyso. That's my bad.
gyso=male. gysa=female.

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:16 pm

tjmakz wrote:baby,

Why does beat get a pass for what he says? Don't you think I hate the Celtics as much as he hates the Lakers? There is a line of respect that he doesn't seem to have to follow.
The martyr complex is the constant threads about the referees, TNT hating the Celtics, David Stern, Tim Donaghy, etc. (Oh and today, Wade Worship).
This thread is one that is commonly found on bdc. Antagonistic. Do you think I would post a picture of the Celtics after they got smoked by NJ at home or after one of their 27 losses in their last 54 games?
Was it a coincidence that this thread was about the Lakers? No. Why not 'find' a picture of Nowitzki or Derrick Rose?
Threatening to go to Sam is beyond juvenile. I don't think Sam has a problem with me posting here.

All I can say is that beat has always been respectful to me, but maybe you've had a different experience. Of course, the fact that you think gyso is short tempered and intolerant damages your credibility as a witness severely in my eyes, so I'll continue to count beat as one of the good guys. He hates the Lakers. I don't take it personally- last time I looked, this was a Celtics website.

AS to threads about Stern, the refs, announcers, etc, have you looked at Lakersground lately ? You'll find the exact same threads over there. There's always going to be a few fans of any team that feel it's all about the refs, Stern, etc.

The only thing antagonistic about the thread was your overly-defensive reaction to it. You took a good-natured thread and turned it into a petty, personal fight. Reminds me of the BDC, which is why I said I would be the first to ask to have you banned if that's the road you're going to stay on. But I won't have to, because if this is the road you're going to go down, where it's all about fighting over perceived insults and petty personal battles you'll be banned long before I could ever send an email asking for it to happen.

Well, I tried to do what I could. I'm done now.

If you want to find people attacking you around every corner you will succeed. And you'll be living in a prison of misery that is self-created. Good luck with that.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:37 pm

It's sad that you won't confront beat when he is out of line. I seem to be the only one to tell beat that there is no league wide conspiracy against the Celtics and that the referees aren't criminals. If you don't disagree, then you agree.
I was grilled when I questioned Rosalie's thinking for feeling that Richardson shuld have been suspended with KG. You would have thought that I said something about the Pope.
There is a clear double standard here for Celtics fans/haters.
Why wouldn't gyso post a pic of KG making BBD cry or Rasheed yelling at Doc or RA elbowing Varejo in the groin?
LOL at your continued threats to have me kicked off this board. I'm sorry that when someone disagrees with you, you pull out the expulsion card. That is really weak.

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:52 am

gyso wrote:

bsh,

Thanks for seeing this for what it was.

gyso

This whole thing reminds me of the BDC and not in a good way.

Something harmless and fun becomes a drama. Unnecessary drama.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:16 am

babyskyhook wrote:
gyso wrote:

bsh,

Thanks for seeing this for what it was.

gyso

This whole thing reminds me of the BDC and not in a good way.

Something harmless and fun becomes a drama. Unnecessary drama.
baby, your posts are insightful and appreciated....LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:07 am

tjmakz wrote:Sorry, I couldn't determine the gender from the name gyso. That's my bad.
gyso=male. gysa=female.

Where do you get this stuff? gyso isn't a name, it is an acronym.

gyso = GetYourSoxOn, which was my long BDC name. gyso for short.

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:22 am

beat: there is no league-wide conspiracy against the celtics.

tjmakz: I dont think that picture was even derogatory vs the lakers. shows bynum being strong and an okc player being a stiff.

If anything it is kind of positive (in my opinion).

Look at my picture of Glen Davis, he looks about ready to get on the short bus.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:27 am

You create the caption - Page 2 Mavsspurs.game4.10

Manu: I love you man!
Kidd: Geez he is an emotional drunk....
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:32 am

Just in time for Sam to come back from vacation and clean up this mess!! Very "bdc"ish. Sorry. I usually use bdc to get a good laugh because EVERY thread results in four to five pages of denigration laced with profanities and references to ones' mothers, their manhood, etc. I'm guilty of carrrying this on myself by even writing this response as is everyone else beyond the first few replies. This isn't what we pay for. This is what you get for free on bdc. Take it over there and I will lmao and shake my head in disbelief. But not here. Let it be written!! (OK, if anyone can guess that reference, you and your high school kids watch way too much TV!!)
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 am

tjmakz wrote:It's sad that you won't confront beat when he is out of line. I seem to be the only one to tell beat that there is no league wide conspiracy against the Celtics and that the referees aren't criminals. If you don't disagree, then you agree.
I was grilled when I questioned Rosalie's thinking for feeling that Richardson shuld have been suspended with KG. You would have thought that I said something about the Pope.
There is a clear double standard here for Celtics fans/haters.
Why wouldn't gyso post a pic of KG making BBD cry or Rasheed yelling at Doc or RA elbowing Varejo in the groin?
LOL at your continued threats to have me kicked off this board. I'm sorry that when someone disagrees with you, you pull out the expulsion card. That is really weak.

Go back to page two on this thread. Read the post I addressed to you regarding the refs and anti-Celtics bias. I suspect that you ignored it, and I suspect that is because it would force you to acknowledge that there are plenty of people here unconcerned with conspiracy theories. I guess the truth is tough to take.

As to why he wouldn't put the picture of Davis up? I can't speak for gyso, but I imagine its because that's really old news. I think we've all had our laugh about that one. It was two years ago. If you're still interested in it, feel free to post it here, and I'm sure you'll get some comments on it. The point is, it was not a calculated dig on the Lakers. It was arbitrary.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:13 am

NE,

It seemed more then coincidential that the thread and pic was posted the morning after LA was killed by OKC. It's hard to believe that if I posted a pic like that after Boston lost to NJ or Washington at home, you wouldn't think it was antagonistic or mocking. My whole point in responding to this thread many posts ago was that I hear all the time 'This is a Celtics Forum/Board'. Then why the pic about the Lakers?
There are so many threads here about the refs, TNT, David Stern and even the game threads are loaded with comments about Boston players not getting 'the calls'.
There are very few here that will confront a ridiculous anti-Celtics bias post. That's fine, you don't have to, but don't try to censor me for doing so. When I question or confront it is bashing/trolling.

Going forward, I will assume that this is not just a Celtics forum and that we are free to post on any NBA/basketball subject.

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:30 am

I do not know what the original posters intent was but the pics I posted I just went through recent galleries until I found a picture that was "interesting".

I will assume that the original poster did the same thing. I think you are just reading a little too much into it tjmakz..

And even if the intent was to make fun of the Lakers I do not see what the benefit there is to you to be angry about it.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:31 am

tjmakz wrote:NE,

It seemed more then coincidential that the thread and pic was posted the morning after LA was killed by OKC. It's hard to believe that if I posted a pic like that after Boston lost to NJ or Washington at home, you wouldn't think it was antagonistic or mocking. My whole point in responding to this thread many posts ago was that I hear all the time 'This is a Celtics Forum/Board'. Then why the pic about the Lakers?
There are so many threads here about the refs, TNT, David Stern and even the game threads are loaded with comments about Boston players not getting 'the calls'.
There are very few here that will confront a ridiculous anti-Celtics bias post. That's fine, you don't have to, but don't try to censor me for doing so. When I question or confront it is bashing/trolling.

Going forward, I will assume that this is not just a Celtics forum and that we are free to post on any NBA/basketball subject.

To your last comment: this section of the forum is called, fittingly, "Hot Celtics and BASKETBALL topics". I'd say that you're fine to post on other topics in the NBA-- hell, there are plenty of non-celtics topics here-- like the one praising Joakim Noah, for example-- so I fail to see your point.

No one is trying to censor your legitimate concerns. We've all had conversations with you, and most of the time, your comments are met with other (though different) insightful comments from a different perspective. I suppose it would be crazy for me to say that you're never called a troll or basher, but all in all, the Lakers fans on this site are met with a lot of respect, and there's no reason you shouldn't fit this category. Lets just drop it, eh? Bury the hatchet, and find a picture of BBD crying, or something--anything!
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:35 am

NE,

I agree. Sorry for stirring up a bees nest. I didn't mean to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:49 am

well done fellas...lets keep driving
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next