Marcus Smart calls out heckling Milwaukee Bucks rookie after Boston Celtics win in return of the Mecca

Go down

Marcus Smart calls out heckling Milwaukee Bucks rookie after Boston Celtics win in return of the Mecca Empty Marcus Smart calls out heckling Milwaukee Bucks rookie after Boston Celtics win in return of the Mecca

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:52 am

http://celticswire.com/2017/10/27/marcus-smart-calls-out-heckling-milwaukee-bucks-rookie-after-boston-celtics-win-in-return-of-the-mecca/

Marcus Smart calls out heckling Milwaukee Bucks rookie after Boston Celtics win in return of the Mecca

Marcus Smart calls out heckling Milwaukee Bucks rookie after Boston Celtics win in return of the Mecca Usatsi_10371146

By: Jared Weiss | 10 hours ago

It was a vintage NBA night in Milwaukee, as the Bucks and Boston Celtics brought the legendary Mecca back to life for one evening. The spirit of the old NBA was in full effect, including some trash talking that would’ve made the mustachio legends of the 80s proud.

Marcus Smart could be seen yapping at someone courtside after he buried a three in the middle of the fourth quarter, his second in a row. After the game was over and Smart helped the Celtics pull out a crucial victory, he explained to NBC Sports Boston’s Abby Chin that a Bucks rookie (either DJ Wilson or Sterling Brown) had been calling him trash. So he decided to shut him up.

[ltr]
View image on Twitter
Marcus Smart calls out heckling Milwaukee Bucks rookie after Boston Celtics win in return of the Mecca DNHLFsnW4AAtvl7
[/ltr]

“I think one of the rookies kept saying I was trash,” Smart said. “And I told him, I said, ‘I’m playing on a hurt ankle and you still ain’t got no playing time. So just relax and I’ll be trash for the day.’”

To know the truth is to know the self. To know the self is to know the Mecca. It was apparent this rookie did not know one self when dealing with the Cobra. Smart expounded on his back and forth with Wilson/Brown to the media, as relayed by MassLive’s Jay King.

“One of the guys was talking and I just kind of told him, ‘I’m playing on two hurt ankles and still getting more playing time than you. So maybe you just need to be quiet.’ But he kept going. So, I mean, it is what it is. It was funny. I enjoyed it. He’ll learn one day. He’ll get in, he’ll get his time, and it’ll be him saying that to somebody else.”

The best part was that Smart didn’t even know which rookie it was. Neither player saw the floor Thursday.

“When I hit the first 3 (two minutes earlier), same guy,” Smart said. “I don’t even know his name. At the end of the Bucks bench, one of the rookies was saying, ‘You’re trash.’ I just told him, ‘Listen, this is my first game back. I’m playing on two hurt ankles, still got more playing time than you.’ And I hit my first 3 and he was like, ‘That’s good, that’s one.’ Then I hit the second one so I pointed at him and told him, ‘That’s two. Two more than you got.’ But like I said, it was fun. And one day that’ll be him doing it.”

As for that courtside fan? They were, well, behaving like any typical Boston fan would themselves. After Smart drilled the three with 7:27 left in their face, he turned to yell something and then ran down court holding up the deuces to the Bucks bench. The overlord aboard with the two-edged sword.

Adored and restored, now the young gun toward.

“Somebody said, ‘You can’t shoot’ and ‘that’s broke,'” Smart said. “So I shot it and I laughed at him. He kind of put his head down. And I just told him, ‘It’s all right. Keep your head up.’ And I just kept moving.”

In the end, Smart was the midnight wrecker. The return of the Mecca.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down