For one night....Joey Crawford was the right man

+3
bobheckler
jeb
mrkleen09
7 posters

Go down

For one night....Joey Crawford was the right man Empty For one night....Joey Crawford was the right man

Post by mrkleen09 Wed May 12, 2010 11:28 am

One thing about Joey Crawford - he likes to play the role of villain. He is consistently the only ref in the NBA that will give the road team a fair shake, in fact he often goes the other extreme and gives them too many calls...just to spite the home crowd.

I would rank him as one of the guys that is stubborn, pig headed, thinks he knows it all, and his run in with Tim Duncan a few years back should have been enough to send him packing - BUT, last night he showed a lot of gumption and making calls against the Cavs.

It didn't effect the result in the end....but right from the start when he called an early foul on Lebron - he served notice that he was calling it both ways and would not be intimidated by the fans or the chosen one. He set the tone for a fair game and I have to take my hat off to him.

Figured since I complain about the refs so often, it is only fair that I give them some credit when it is due.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

For one night....Joey Crawford was the right man Empty Re: For one night....Joey Crawford was the right man

Post by jeb Wed May 12, 2010 11:36 am

i think if we win here we get a fair shake @ orlando...stern will figure that bos, la could be one for the ages

I still think Joe Crawford sux eggs
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

For one night....Joey Crawford was the right man Empty Re: For one night....Joey Crawford was the right man

Post by bobheckler Wed May 12, 2010 11:36 am

MrKleen,

Actually, when I saw that Joe Crawford was the lead ref, I felt better about our chances even before tip off.

Nobody; not the coaches, not the players, not the fans, mess with Joe Crawford. If he could call a T on the fans, he would.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed May 12, 2010 11:39 am

bobheck

pretty awesome display of celtic hoop eh?

Jeb (of the pinches)
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed May 12, 2010 11:51 am

Kleen,

I thought the same way. I'm usually not a big fan of him but he set the tone early. Credit where it is due in this case.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed May 12, 2010 11:58 am

Jeb: Do ya' want Joey to suck hard boiled eggs? Crawford called a very fair game, I thought. That's what should happen every night in the NBA, but we know that's only in a perfect world. I don't want to see Bennett Savatore, Eric Lewis, Eli Roe, or Ken Mauer Thurs night or Sun. afternoon, if necessary.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed May 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Md,

Salvatore and Mauer... geeeshhh. Both not on Tommy's xmas card list!

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed May 12, 2010 12:03 pm

md

I have seen crawford over the course of years. One night does not make a dent in my opinion of him. It is time for some new blood.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Hoop: Salvatore & Mauer aren't even on Tommy's Sympathy Card List (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed May 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Jeb: If you think new blood is necessary, give Joey the phone number to the local Red Cross, or a plane ticket to Transylvania! (LOL)-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 12, 2010 1:23 pm

jeb,

A REALLY awesome display of Celtic hoop.

We can beat anybody if we play like that.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 pm

There are two things that are important for the refs..

1. call it "right"
2. call it "fair"

Number one is hard to do for a number of reasons, people might not agree on what right is, they might have not seen it and so on..

But calling it the same both ways should be achievable and more important. Consistency is key.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 13, 2010 7:18 am

I am in total agreement there. Usually, when I see that he is referreing, I cringe. He tries to take over a game and make himself the lead actor. Tuesday night he just "called them as he saw them" and was not taken over by LeBron's star status. Finally a game where the Celtics played on an even field.
I doubt that will take place here in Boston, though, even though they are the home team. I am willing to bet Dick Bavetta will be on the floor tonight, he can't keep up with anyone so he just calls what he wants to and it is usually
a call against the Celtics. Crawford should be commended on his referring this game.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu May 13, 2010 10:15 am

Tonights officials:

M. McCutchen, B. Delaney, E. Rush
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down