gyso
kdp59
Phil Pressey
fierce
9 posters

Go down

Anthony Davis Showed Us Why Tonight Empty Anthony Davis Showed Us Why Tonight

Post by fierce Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Whether it's true or not, that Ainge inquired about Anthony Davis, there's just no way you pass on Anthony Davis if he's available.

Kyrie paired with Anthony Davis will be like the new Shaq and Kobe tandem that dominated the NBA in the early 2000s.

As much as I love both Jaysons, Tatum and Brown, if Ainge can trade both Jaysons for Anthony Davis, he should do it.
It's a no-brainer.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Anthony Davis Showed Us Why Tonight Empty Re: Anthony Davis Showed Us Why Tonight

Post by Phil Pressey Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 pm

What would be a realistic trade proposal for each team? I came up with Brown, Smart and Horford for Davis, Asik and Rondo. ESPN accepted it.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Anthony Davis Showed Us Why Tonight Empty Re: Anthony Davis Showed Us Why Tonight

Post by Phil Pressey Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:58 pm

Tatum and Brown for Davis sounds like too much. The DPE can be used? Tatum could be the next Durant. Brown is pretty good too.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 am

come on guys.

NO is NOT trading Davis while he under a long term deal. Cousins will move on to a new home next season as a FA and they will build the team around Davis.

what the NO games showed is that we do not have enough length against a twin towers team. fortunately, there are not too many of those teams around.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:57 am

The game last night showed NOP that there is hope and a future for their tandem bigs. It could be a false hope because our bad play at the end of the game is what won them the game.

They may go all out to sign Cousins and he may very well sign, especially if he is happy with current events. After years of utter frustration at Sacto, he may like his current situation.

We won't be seeing them in the playoffs, so I do not think we have anything to worry about here.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:06 am

This was a winnable game. NO did not dominate with their twin towers, we were always in the game. With around six minutes left in the game I started asking "Where is Jaylen". A couple minutes later I was shouting for Brown and Tatum. The unit that had been on the floor had done a great job of getting back to a winnable game. But they bogged down, just a couple minutes too much, IMO. Now that the rust is gone, Next.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:48 am

The Celtics do not need Anthony Davis. The Celtics do need another big. The Celtics practically won the game last night if not for poor execution down the stretch.

After a great game like this the Anthony Davis talk will continue. Even I had a what if trade that did not include either Tatum or Brown.

But let's be realistic. NOLA is not going to trade their 24 year old stud.

The best opportunity for Boston to address their lack of front court length is in the draft and if things work out and the Lakers pick is secured, Boston will be in a position to draft a quality big and still keep the guts of this team in tact.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:03 am

mulcogiseng wrote:This was a winnable game. NO did not dominate with their twin towers, we were always in the game. With around six minutes left in the game I started asking "Where is Jaylen". A couple minutes later I was shouting for Brown and Tatum. The unit that had been on the floor had done a great job of getting back to a winnable game. But they bogged down, just a couple minutes too much, IMO. Now that the rust is gone, Next.

I thought the rotations were a bit off as Brad was shuffling players in and out of the lineup. A few games back we observed that Tatum was not getting enough looks and last night was another example of that. Tatum was 3-6 from the field and 2-4 from deep. The Celtics need to get this kid more shots. Brown shot 7-14 last night.

NOLA only played 8 guys last night despite the 5 minute OT.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:37 am

Dboss,
Re: Tatum. As far as I could see, he was far from being 100% last night. Probably it's his knee.
But in general, I agree with you - JT should get more touches.
As for JT and/or JB for AD trade - NO, these two is our future.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:59 am

bringing this one back up, as I have been reading lots of story's that NO may actually trade Davis for the right deal.

we all saw in the IT/Irving trade that Danny WILL send assets out to get a top NBA player.

so..IF those stories are true, what would you offer for Anthony Davis?

keep in mind his salary is about $23M this year with a 15% trade kicker..

when I look at our salarys now, I see no way tom work any trade without sending Horford to them (or a third team in a 3 way deal).

I personally think NO would want one of Tatum (likely) or Brown with Horford and then we'd still need to send the Laker/Kings pick and probably another future first to make them blink.

so that what I think it would take to get NO to consider moving Davis.

What do you guys think could be possible?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:20 pm

dboss wrote:The Celtics do not need Anthony Davis.  The Celtics do need another big.  The Celtics practically won the game last night if not for poor execution down the stretch.

After a great game like this the Anthony Davis talk will continue.  Even I had a what if trade that did not include either Tatum or Brown.

But let's be realistic.  NOLA is not going to trade their 24 year old stud.  

The best opportunity for Boston to address their lack of front court length is in the draft and if things work out and the Lakers pick is secured, Boston will be in a position to draft a quality big and still keep the guts of this team in tact.

dboss

100% correct IMO. Why would they trade Davis?

Our next starter at center may very well be in college right now.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:39 pm

kdp59 wrote:bringing this one back up, as I have been reading lots of story's that NO may actually trade Davis for the right deal.

we all saw in the IT/Irving trade that Danny WILL send assets out to get a top NBA player.

so..IF those stories are true, what  would you offer for Anthony Davis?

keep in mind his salary is about $23M this year with a 15% trade kicker..

when I look at our salarys now, I see no way tom work any trade without sending Horford to them (or a third team in a 3 way deal).

I personally think NO would want one of Tatum (likely) or Brown with Horford and then we'd still need to send the Laker/Kings pick and probably another future first to make them blink.

so that what I think it would take to get NO to consider moving Davis.

What do you guys think could be possible?

These stories that you keep hearing about.  Did they come form some 400 lbs fat guy living in his grandmother's basement?

Okay so first I think it is highly unlikely that NOLA would trade their 24 year old superstar franchise player.  He has 2 year still remaining on his contract plus a player option.  Why do you think they would trade him now?  Does Horford also have a trade kicker?

If I was Nola I would want Horford and Jason Tatum or Jaylen Brown and the Lakers 1st rounder and the Memphis 1st rounder  If I were the Celtics I would be willing to part with Horford and Brown and the Lakers pick but I would want Davis and Moore.  Or they can have Horford and the 2 first rounders for Davis.  

I can come up with countless what if's but in the end the Celtics are not going to be able to make a move to get Davis this year.  Perhaps in two years when his option is about to come up and he has not made a firm commitment to stay with the Pelicans, they would be looking to shop him.  At that point in time our young stud wings will be more developed and their value will be much higher.  Maybe they will be ongoing concerns and Boston may not want to trade them.

Given what Boston has already and looking into future draft picks and player development it is hard to imagine that they even need Davis.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 pm

It's hard to get trades to be approved when you don't know what you are doing. Here is one that did.

NO sends Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins
Boston sends Al Horford, Marcus Morris, Terry Rozier and Abdel Nader.

Here's another

NO sends Davis and Rondo
Bost sends Horford, Rozier and Nader

I'm still not convinced Danny needs to make a major move but was curious about what it would take to get a deal done. One of the problems that Boston does have with such a young roster is making trades for max type players work. We just don't have those high dollar contracts to make a swap easy. The safest route is to use the DPE before it expires and plan on having the team of the future next year once Gordon returns.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:56 pm

imagine that Rondo back with Brad and Danny

LOL

on second thought......
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:00 pm

I can't see why anyone would think trading our young wings for Davis is even logical. Davis is nice but he's injury prone. Cousins, statistically, is doing everything that Davis is doing anyway.

The Pelicans are not a threat because they can't make it out of the West anyway.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down