Al Horford Selected To All-Star Team

3 posters

Go down

Al Horford Selected To All-Star Team Empty Al Horford Selected To All-Star Team

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:41 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/01/boston_celtics_news_al_horford_6.html

Boston Celtics news: Al Horford selected to All-Star team

Al Horford Selected To All-Star Team Kyrie-irvingal-horford-496db3dcfaedae84
Boston Celtics' Kyrie Irving, left, has a laugh on the bench with Al Horford during the second half of Boston's 113-96 win over the Philadelphia 76ers in a preseason NBA basketball game in Boston, Monday, Oct. 9, 2017. (AP Photo/Winslow Townson)

By Jay King
mjking@masslive.com

Boston Celtics big man Al Horford has been selected to his fifth NBA All-Star Game, the league announced Tuesday night.

Horford has averaged 13.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and a career-high 5.3 assists for the East-leading Celtics, who have been 9.9 points per 100 possessions better with the veteran on the court, according to NBA.com. 

"That would be a great honor," Horford said before his selection was revealed, "but I'm concerned about the bigger picture for us. It would definitely be a great honor."

For the first time since 2013, the Celtics will have two All-Stars representing the Eastern Conference. Fellow All-Star Kyrie Irving made it clear before a team shootaround Tuesday that he considered Horford a worthy choice. 

"I mean, it's just some of the reasons why they put people in varies," Irving said. "But I feel like rewarding winning is always the optimum thing. I feel for that and also the impact that he makes for our team to be successful. Those two cases right there. He's a big part of our team and in order for us to be No. 1 East -- and hopefully to sustain that spot. For us, we understand how valuable he is. Yhe Celtics organization, our team, and all of us value that. He definitely has a case. He has my vote."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Al Horford Selected To All-Star Team Empty Re: Al Horford Selected To All-Star Team

Post by wideclyde Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Nice honor for Big Al as his season to date has been far better than his first year in Boston. He has played very well, and should be an All Star this season.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Al Horford Selected To All-Star Team Empty Re: Al Horford Selected To All-Star Team

Post by NYCelt Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Well deserved, as the glue that's held the Celtics together in their fantastic first half.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down