Knee injury getting worse for Lakers' Andrew Bynum

5 posters

Go down

Knee injury getting worse for Lakers' Andrew Bynum Empty Knee injury getting worse for Lakers' Andrew Bynum

Post by Brandon$$ Sun May 16, 2010 9:25 am

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/15/bynum.injury.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Andrew Bynum says his injured knee gradually is getting worse, although the Los Angeles Lakers' starting center plans to keep playing on his swelling leg in the Western Conference finals.

Bynum disclosed his right knee's worsening state after running in practice Saturday with the Lakers, who open the conference finals against Phoenix on Monday night.

Bynum discovered a small tear in his meniscus after straining his knee during the Lakers' first-round series with Oklahoma City. The resultant swelling prevented him from playing effectively in the defending NBA champions' last two playoff games in Utah.

Bynum says he'll keep playing with the injury, but doesn't know how it will affect his game.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Knee injury getting worse for Lakers' Andrew Bynum Empty Re: Knee injury getting worse for Lakers' Andrew Bynum

Post by bobheckler Sun May 16, 2010 11:23 am

Draining your knee relieves the pressure and makes mobility possible. It also thwarts the body's efforts to protect the area. There isn't swelling for no good reason.

I am concerned that this could end very badly for Bynum. I applaud his desire to play through the pain, but a sudden twist or someone getting knocked down into his leg could result in a very serious knee injury. Remember how Bynum tore up his knee by just falling backwards over Kobe? That's all it could take for his already damaged knee to put an end to this season.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Knee injury getting worse for Lakers' Andrew Bynum Empty Re: Knee injury getting worse for Lakers' Andrew Bynum

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 16, 2010 3:22 pm

bob so why are the doctors telling him he can't hurt it any worse?I'm with you if I was him I wouldn't play,guess hes got some McHale in him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun May 16, 2010 3:24 pm

risky for the Lakers. Poor kid cant stay healthy.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun May 16, 2010 8:35 pm

The Doctors can't know for sure but I'm betting that they wouldn't let him go near a court if there was much of a chance to do more damage on that knee. On the other hand, if you're playing with some pain or even something that was painful earlier in the day, there is the risk of hurting something else by compensating for your injury. Tough call if you're very competitive.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down