Whiteside pissed after being benched for final 21 minutes of Heat's OT loss to Nets

5 posters

Go down

Whiteside pissed after being benched for final 21 minutes of Heat's OT loss to Nets Empty Whiteside pissed after being benched for final 21 minutes of Heat's OT loss to Nets

Post by steve3344 Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:11 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hassan-whiteside-sitting-vs-small-160015812.html

I thought it was a very odd move by Spoelstra and probably cost Miami the game against the tiny team the Nets ran out there late in the game last night.

The Nets win dropped the Cavs' lottery position from 6th to a tie for 7th with the Bulls. It can't drop far enough as far as I'm concerned. Terrific win by Brooklyn.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Whiteside pissed after being benched for final 21 minutes of Heat's OT loss to Nets Empty Re: Whiteside pissed after being benched for final 21 minutes of Heat's OT loss to Nets

Post by wideclyde Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:24 pm

Spoelstra is usually a pretty good coach, but even the good ones make mistakes once in a while.

Kind of sounds like Whiteside is tired of this season, and cannot wait to get out to do some golfing

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Whiteside pissed after being benched for final 21 minutes of Heat's OT loss to Nets Empty Re: Whiteside pissed after being benched for final 21 minutes of Heat's OT loss to Nets

Post by steve3344 Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Whiteside fined by the Heat for "comments detrimental to the team."

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-notebook-heat-fine-whiteside-rant-012352687--spt.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:47 pm

Getting uglier.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/30/hassan-whiteside-and-the-heat-are-officially-at-war/

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue May 01, 2018 12:58 am

Spo`s decision not to use him was detrimental to the team.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue May 01, 2018 11:38 am

If this guy becomes available, I surely hope that Danny Ainge will NOT make a call to Miami or even pick up the phone if Miami calls.

Too many problems with this guy for the size of his salary for the next two years even if the Cs would not have to give up players to match his salary.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue May 01, 2018 12:16 pm

I very much doubt he is on Ainge`s radar
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 03, 2018 8:06 am

yeah, IF Ainge wants to add a big man (and there is no reason to think that right now) next year, there would be other options than Whiteside.

as was noted above, since we are OVER the cap we'd have to send salary's out to match (or close) Whitesides' $25M salary.

Which would mean sending Horford, Hayward or Irving out in return....NO THANKS.

now I have in the past proposed possibly moving Hayward out for an elite big man (because of the play of Tatum and Brown). But Whiteside does not fit my idea of Elite big man.

in fact it is a short list:

Anthony Davis
JOel Embiid
Karl Anthony-Towns
Rudy Gobert
Nikola Jokic

and MAYBE

D. Cousins - in a sign and trade with NO (depending on the contract and his injury).

it's a short list for me and frankly only Gobert and Cousins could even be possible I think.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am

I’ve never seen a team with an all star at every position, okay maybe 86 Celtics or 87 Lakers, but with salary cap etc, don’t see how we can afford to acquire one without gutting key players on the team. For the immediate future I’m happy with Al and Baynes, both still have good years left, both can defend inside and on perimeter, something a lot I’d bigs on that list cannot do. As we get all our pieces healthy and back, and you know how good those players are coming back, our bigs can coast even more and save energy for the really big games. We still have a developing Yabu who I think will improve his game and Theis and Semi to add to the 4 mix, with so much depth I’m in no rush to gut the team for a big right now. We can draft and develop a big in 19.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 03, 2018 10:21 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:I’ve never seen a team with an all star at every position, okay maybe 86 Celtics or 87 Lakers, but with salary cap etc, don’t see how we can afford to acquire one without gutting key players on the team. For the immediate future I’m happy with Al and Baynes, both still have good years left, both can defend inside and on perimeter, something a lot I’d bigs on that list cannot do. As we get all our pieces healthy and back, and you know how good those players are coming back, our bigs can coast even more and save energy for the really big games. We still have a developing Yabu who I think will improve his game and Theis and Semi to add to the 4 mix, with so much depth I’m in no rush to gut the team for a big right now. We can draft and develop a big in 19.

that certainly makes sense and in the long run Danny would have to decide that any moves were better over all for the team now and in the future.

out of my list, I see only Cousins and Gobert as possible deals to be had. if that's the case, then the question becomes does replacing Hayward with either one of them make us a better team.

arguments could be made on both sides for sure and may be had here later after the NBA finals.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down