Sam
NYCelt
dbrown4
pete
MDCelticsFan
LACELTFAN
12 posters

Go down

Did you say that Paul? Empty Did you say that Paul?

Post by LACELTFAN Wed May 19, 2010 2:25 am

Maybe I'm old fashioned...Rumor is PP is twittering "anyone have a broom..."
If it's true, geez Paul...Shut up...
There is no way in hell that the C's from the 60's would shoot their mouths off like that...
It's classless...The Russell teams did their talking with the final score.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Did you say that Paul? Empty Re: Did you say that Paul?

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 am

I don't know about classless, but it sure isn't smart. At this point the Celts don't need to give Orlando any bulletin board material to tack up in the locker room as incentive. Let's be silent and carry a BIG game!-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 am

I hope he didn't say that. I am concerned that being up in a series, can sometimes lead to a let down. I certainly do not want to motivate the Magic in any way.

I will say that his comments about closing it in 2, out at the end of the game, makes me a bit nervous.
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 am

Word on the street, is that Paul's twitter account was hacked & he did not "tweet" that. Good news, I hope its true.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 19, 2010 8:48 am

Regardless, it was "said". If the Magic need that to motivate them, more power to them, because everything else they have tried isn't working. I seriously doubt if Paul did say that that it's going to help them any.

He did, in his right after the game interview, hint at it. Saying the fans won't let us down, won't let us lose. Which is just as dumb a comment. If Boston is depending upon the fans to close out the series, they need to have their heads examined as well.

Regardless, the Celtics and the Magic have forgotten about this "comment". The Celtics will continue to be business as usual, methodically dissecting the Magic each game.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed May 19, 2010 9:47 am

A reporter put it right in Dwight Howards face at the post game interview and Howard handled it with class...he talked about the fact that the C's have won 2 games, that's it, and that the Magic would just stay humble and keep working...I really hope that PP didn't say it, but if I were he, I would go out of my way today to distance myself from that remark, one way or another. Disrespecting your opponent is never smart, never. If he did say it, if I'm Doc, I'm going to have a talk with him.
I know Bird used to talk a lot of trash and PP has a history of less than smart remarks but this is plain out of line in my opinion.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed May 19, 2010 10:53 am

I thought Pierce's comments after the game were 90% to the good because what he said amounted to '...we're going home and our fans are behind us...' I do wish he had stopped short of adding the part about closing it out at home, although confidence and ability usually trump bulletin board postings.

Paul Pierce has long been my favorite on this team, but he's also like that little kid that will try and get a little extra push of the envelope in with a wink and a smile. It's maddening now, but when the stories are retold after his playing days end it will be part of the charm and mystique behind the current Celtics era.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed May 19, 2010 10:55 am

LACelt,

I've been trying to block from my mind the possibility that he tweeted those words. My admiration for Paul has never been higher than it is right now. How un-Celticlike it would be if he actually did it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 19, 2010 11:01 am

I too wish he didn't tweet that,but if he did he better back it up and I think he will as Magic have no one to stop him.....plus have a feeling Ray will be dead on and refreshed for next game.Take that Barkley!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed May 19, 2010 11:11 am

if he did it (and I hope he dinna) not smart, no class move. More Martini lover than bobheck on that move.

Nothing is over nothing is won.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed May 19, 2010 11:20 am

Sam wrote:LACelt,

I've been trying to block from my mind the possibility that he tweeted those words. My admiration for Paul has never been higher than it is right now. How un-Celticlike it would be if he actually did it.

Sam
Sam,
I love Paul Pierce the basketball player...he's exactly the right guy to be captain...
I'm not as thrilled with Paul Pierce the interviewee..
One of the things that made the Russell Celtics so great to follow was their class. When they stepped out on a court, the way they conducted themselves told you how great they were...didn't have to "sabre rattle", pound on their chest, etc., etc.. If you were their opponent, you knew what they were bringing.
I realize it's a different era...I'm just taking the opportunity to vent a little, I have a real distaste for this " in your face crap..." I became a Celtic fan from 3000 miles away, because that team seemed to me, as a youngster to be about "team" , staying humble, etc. I know I've probably pointed this out ad nauseum here but when Russell was being interviewed right after winning his 11th championship (11th!!!)...what does he do? He praises his teammates. Pure class....If there was ever a time when a guy could have grabbed the mike and said " Look at me, look how great I am...." ...different era...... I realize I'm probably preaching to the choir here, Sam, you were a lot closer to it than I was.

Apparently there is good evidence that Paul Pierce didn't tweet what was allegedly attributed to him. This is a good thing...I admire his drive and determination but I am most comfortable when he does his talking with the basketball....GO CELTICS....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed May 19, 2010 11:33 am

Complete non story. If THIS is what Orlando needs to motivate them, they have bigger problems.

The Orlando Sentinel didn't get the message.

While the rest of the world now knows that Paul Pierce's Twitter account was hacked last night - confirmed early this morning by Athlete Interactive, Pierce's digital branding agency - with an imposter posting, "Anybody got a BROOM?" following the Celtics' 95-92 win in Orlando, Sentinel columnist Mike Bianchi's piece this morning seemingly still presents the tweet as fact.

Later in the column, when referring to the belief that the Magic were the younger, fresher team heading into the series, Bianchi writes, "Don't believe everything you read or hear."

Sound advice.

Today, at about 3 a.m., Athlete Interactive tweeted, "Tweets on May 18, 2010 from @paulpierce34 are not Paul Pierce. The account was hacked. Twitter has been notified and is investigating."

Meanwhile, Pro Basketball Talk did a bang-up job breaking down why the tweet was indeed a hack job: "There are numerous pieces of evidence that point to this being something aside from the mouthpiece of Pierce himself. The account is verified and does belong to Paul, but the bizarre online trash talk seems to have come from nowhere, contradicts Pierce and the Celtics' "taking care of business" company line in favor of a more brash approach, and while all of Pierce's other tweets were submitted via text or Twitter's web site, the tweets in question were sent in using a non-browser agent called Twitterific. Ladies and gentlemen, I'd say this is a hack."
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed May 19, 2010 11:42 am

thanks Kleen

That's good.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Isn't it funny, Orlando has Dwight Howard out there claiming that they will win the series before the series even starts and it is a non story. Now they are down two to zip and a "supposed" statement by PP is making headlines. Give me a break! Grow up Orlando. Dwight didn't mind walking around on the court last night close to he end of the game laughing and joking around with fans. Finally Rashard Lewis had to get him and walk him
away and try to get his head back in the game. These guys are a bunch of frauds, they would have gotten killed by Cleveland also. We have two games left, keep the mind clear, and the mouth closed. Let your playing do your talking. It is always sweeter at the end of a series when you know you have played your best and come out on the winning side.

Most of you know that I have never lost faith in this team. I believed right from the start, and even through the toughest times, that at some point great basketball was going to be played by this team. Who would have thought that Tony Allen, Big Baby and Wallace would have played such an integral part of their winning ways. Call it blind faith, but I saw it a long time ago and the rewards are the same as what is going on now.

Keep the faith all of you out there. There will be a Banner #18 flying in the Garden.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 19, 2010 4:04 pm

If anyone was going to say something like that, I'd rather it be Paul. He can back it up. And why shouldn't he? Isn't that what we expect going home? Do we want to lose one or two @ home? If you can get the broom out, get it out!! ORL can't say it anymore. I just want BOS to blow them out once. It can be Saturday or Monday. I'm not picky!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed May 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Perkins knees could probably use the rest..
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed May 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Don't know if he tweeted or not but his statement after the game when he was interviewed left much to be desired. No humility.

The Magic are a very good basketball team...no need to 'show them up'

I think it will serve to motivate them for game 3 in Boston which is absolutely a must game for the Magic.

I remember back when Boston and NJ were playing in the playoffs and Pierce stated mouthing off that no one could stop him. We lost that sereis and he was the goat.

Disrespect any NBA team and thery will kick your ass.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 19, 2010 8:08 pm

I totally agree with you. Just start waving that red flag at a team and before you know it you are on your a.. Paul Pierce or no Paul Pierce, keep your mouths shut, play the game the way you are supposed to and blow them out of the building. That is the way you do your talking.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down