worcester
cowens/oldschool
jrleftfoot
steve3344
sinus007
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME PHILLY - PLAYOFFS - ROUND 2 - GAME #1 - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME PHILLY - PLAYOFFS - ROUND 2 - GAME #1 - HOME

Post by dboss Tue May 01, 2018 9:27 pm

One game makes not a series.

Remember the Bucks series.  Up 2-0 and it still took 5 more games to finish them off.

The win was great but we can expect an adjustment or two by Philly.  I think they will come up with a lot more energy.  

Overall I like the Celtics chances because of several matchups that the Sixers probably cannot address.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

POST GAME PHILLY - PLAYOFFS - ROUND 2 - GAME #1 - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME PHILLY - PLAYOFFS - ROUND 2 - GAME #1 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue May 01, 2018 10:05 pm

dboss wrote:One game makes not a series.

Remember the Bucks series.  Up 2-0 and it still took 5 more games to finish them off.

The win was great but we can expect an adjustment or two by Philly.  I think they will come up with a lot more energy.  

Overall I like the Celtics chances because of several matchups that the Sixers probably cannot address.

Right dboss Saric, Ilyasova, Belinelli and Redick can do some good things, but none of them can stay in front of our wings and when Jaylen comes back the athletic advantage will be greater. Having said that I expect Simmons to spend more time defensively on Tatum and the next game to be closer....if Fultz was playing he could possibly do a better job on Rozier, but I can see why the coach would want to keep him off the floor for now.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue May 01, 2018 10:33 pm

Check out what Jim Jackson says about Brad starting at the 2:50 mark:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/1631e9adbb211e25?projector=1
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed May 02, 2018 11:23 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
dboss wrote:One game makes not a series.

Right dboss Saric, Ilyasova, Belinelli and Redick can do some good things, but none of them can stay in front of our wings and when Jaylen comes back the athletic advantage will be greater. Having said that I expect Simmons to spend more time defensively on Tatum and the next game to be closer....if Fultz was playing he could possibly do a better job on Rozier, but I can see why the coach would want to keep him off the floor for now.
Fultz cannot check Rozier.  Fultz was not a good on the ball defender in college.  I think he may get a little playing time.  I think they may try to put more size on Rozier.  Possibly Simmons? Terry is the head of the snake.  If you cannot slow him down you cannot beat the Celtics.  

Our kids are getting big time props.  The rest of the league is having to rethink their evaluation of a Celtics team missing 2 Allstars.  What they have missed is the fact that Boston still has a lot of talent and the value of coaching is underated.

We do not know how far this team will go but it has been one hellava ride.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 02, 2018 11:30 am

The last four seasons under Brad and Danny have been phenomenal.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2