LeBron James says he left Cavaliers because they weren’t talented enough, won’t say whether this team is

+2
gyso
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

LeBron James says he left Cavaliers because they weren’t talented enough, won’t say whether this team is Empty LeBron James says he left Cavaliers because they weren’t talented enough, won’t say whether this team is

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lebron-james-says-left-cavaliers-204001577.html

LeBron James says he left Cavaliers because they weren’t talented enough, won’t say whether this team is

Dan Feldman,NBC Sports 18 hours ago

CLEVELAND – The Cavaliers got eliminated by the Spurs in the 2007 NBA Finals, Celtics in 2008 second round and Celtics again in 2010 second round. The following summer, LeBron left for the Heat.

“I knew that my talent level here in Cleveland couldn’t succeed getting past a Boston, getting past the San Antonios of the league,” LeBron said.

That was a rather startling admission, though hardly a controversial assessment. Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, Anthony Parker, Delonte West, Anderson Varejao and a 38-year-old Shaquille O’Neal weren’t that good – certainly not compared to Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

Of course, with LeBron holding a player option for next season and the Cavs down 3-0 to the Warriors, the question becomes: Are his current teammates enough for him to beat the NBA’s elite?

A reporter asked as delicately as possible: “I’m not trying to get you to say anything negative about anybody. But how do you feel now?”

LeBron answered through his own laughter.

“You actually are trying to get me to say something,” he said.

“Listen, at the end of the day, I’m living in the moment now. I went back for you for your question. We’ve had an opportunity to win two of these games in this three-game series so far, and we haven’t come up with it.

“Obviously, from a talent perspective, if you’re looking at Golden State from their top five best players to our top five players, you would say they’re stacked better than us. Let’s just speak truth. Kevin Durant. You’ve got two guys with MVPs on their team. And then you’ve got a guy in Klay who could easily be on a team and carry a team, score 40 in a quarter before. And then you have Draymond, who is arguably one of the best defenders and minds we have in our game. So you have that crew. Then you add on a Finals MVP coming off the bench, a number one pick in Livingston and an All-Star in David West and whatever the case may be. So they have a lot of talent.

“We have a lot of talent as well. We’ve been in a position where we could win two out of these three games. So what do we have to do? Do we have to make more shots? Is it we have to have our minds into it a little bit more? Is it if there is a ball on the ground we can’t reach for it but you’ve got to dive for it?”

Those are the right questions for now.

Soon enough, he’ll face a different one: Should he again leave Cleveland to play with more talent?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

LeBron James says he left Cavaliers because they weren’t talented enough, won’t say whether this team is Empty Re: LeBron James says he left Cavaliers because they weren’t talented enough, won’t say whether this team is

Post by gyso Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 am

I sometimes listen in to the post-game interviews. Sometimes the questions make me cringe, and I'm not living it. I cannot imagine how they can sit through some of these baited questions without getting upset. I guess that if I was getting paid millions, I could put up with some of the BS, but actually asking a question during the finals where the answer would obviously put down your current teammates is a bit too much.

gyso

Back to top Go down

LeBron James says he left Cavaliers because they weren’t talented enough, won’t say whether this team is Empty Re: LeBron James says he left Cavaliers because they weren’t talented enough, won’t say whether this team is

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:01 pm

https://www.facebook.com/1817869668/posts/10209574366595502/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am

https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/is-the-lebron-to-lakers-momentum-building/

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Lebron to LA is fine

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:35 pm

I do think James will head out to LA and Paul George may very well do the same.

LA will have to renounce their CAP holds to free up $$$

Magic planned to do that anyways. they are still stuck with Luol Deng for 2 more years at $18 mill per.

Adding James and George will not make them a great team.. They will have Ball (what does he do now?) Ingram and Kuzma. Their two centers Zubac and Bryant are not very good.

They will have a very weak bench.

Let it happen.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:41 pm

dboss wrote:I do think James will head out to LA and Paul George may very well do the same.

LA will have to renounce their CAP holds to free up $$$

Magic planned to do that anyways.  they are still stuck with Luol Deng for 2 more years at $18 mill per.

Adding James and George will not make them a great team..  They will have Ball (what does he do now?) Ingram and Kuzma.  Their two centers Zubac and Bryant are not very good.

They will have a very weak bench.

Let it happen.

If it matters to us, it means we've made the finals.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:56 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781394-kawhi-trade-request-opens-way-to-lebron-lakers-superteam-but-is-there-the-will?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Lebron, Kawhi AND Paul George to the Lakers? They're all basically small forwards. If they are on the court at the same time, two of them will not be playing their natural position. I know the current NBA is oftentimes positionless but this would take that to extreme.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:51 pm

This is the team he assembled.

No one to blame but the guy in the mirror Bron.

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down