Danny Ainge calls potential blockbuster deals unlikely

4 posters

Go down

Danny Ainge calls potential blockbuster deals unlikely Empty Danny Ainge calls potential blockbuster deals unlikely

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:17 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23945615/boston-celtics-danny-ainge-calls-potential-blockbuster-deals-unlikely

And this time, I actually believe him.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Danny Ainge calls potential blockbuster deals unlikely Empty Re: Danny Ainge calls potential blockbuster deals unlikely

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:02 pm

I hope you are right!! I was told this morning to "stop worrying" by someone who works for Celtics. He laughed at me when my husband told him I was nervous about this weekend. So....I will take him at his word.

I guess I like this team DA has put together so much that I would hate a big change. I want to watch these kids grow.

I also laughed at a radio show where Kyrie was quoted as saying "I would leave the Celtics if LeBron is signed" It was some random show but it just goes to show you the length that people will go to get on the news/internet. However I believe this may be a fact, however I am not so sure Kyrie would come right out and say it now.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Danny Ainge calls potential blockbuster deals unlikely Empty Re: Danny Ainge calls potential blockbuster deals unlikely

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Saw the following article, which seems to jibe with your post:

https://nesn.com/2018/06/nba-rumors-celtics-wont-include-these-players-in-kawhi-leonard-trade/

Can the San Antonio Spurs and Boston Celtics find middle ground in a trade involving Kawhi Leonard? The Celtics reportedly are one of several teams engaged with the Spurs in trade talks for Leonard, who seemingly wants out of San Antonio. But Boston, with a loaded roster that could compete for a title next season, is taking a cautious approach. Both 21-year-old Jaylen Brown and 20-year-old Jayson Tatum are “not available” in a potential trade with the Spurs for Leonard, the Boston Herald’s Steve Bulpett reported Friday morning. Additionally, the Celtics only would trade their rights to the Sacramento Kings’ 2019 first-round draft pick (protected for No. 1 overall) if the deal involves “the right overall transaction pieces.” Basically, Boston is holding out for a favorable deal and may not be willing to budge. “Absent the Celtics’ willingness to move key young pieces or the Spurs deciding to accept less than what a Leonard without medical or contractual issues is worth,” Bulpett wrote, “there seems to be nothing to indicate an agreement.” A Sports Illustrated report Thursday suggested Tatum is the Spurs’ “preferred target” in a Leonard trade, so if the C’s indeed aren’t offering Tatum or Brown, this deal could break down quickly. That report suggested Boston could propose a trade centered around Kyrie Irving, who, like Leonard, will hit unrestricted free agency in 2019. Based on the latest reports, that may be the most plausible scenario, as San Antonio likely wouldn’t accept a deal that didn’t involve Tatum, Brown or Irving. Yet even a Leonard-Irving swap seems far-fetched at this point, according to Bulpett, who writes that while the Celtics would be willing to make a “great deal” for Leonard, “a good deal probably isn’t enough.” Thumbnail photo via Sergio Estrada/USA TODAY Sports Images Have a question for Darren Hartwell? Send it to him via Twitter at @darren_hartwell. Jennifer Lopez doesn't want her daughter to focus on perfection SPONSORED DeSean Jackson Supports Jameis Winston, 'He's a Good Dude' David Arquette Threatens RJ City, 'I'm Gonna Beat Your Ass!' Saquon Barkley Says His Naked Pics Are Going Up On His Wall Yankees Stars, Celebs Raise $1 Million at CC Sabathia's Softball Game LeBron James Risks It All To Jump Off A Cliff In Anguilla SPORTS TOPICS Boston BruinsBoston CelticsBoston Red SoxNew England PatriotsLiverpool FCBaltimore OriolesBostonBoxingBrooklyn NetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo SabresCollege BasketballCollege FootballEntertainmentFenway ParkFenway Sports GroupGolfHorse RacingLos Angeles LakersMiami DolphinsMontreal CanadiensNew York GiantsNASCARNew England RevolutionNew York JetsNew York KnicksNew York RangersNew York YankeesRoush FenwaySoccerTampa Bay RaysTennisToronto Blue JaysToronto Maple LeafsUFCWWE NESN LINKS About NESN Ace Ticket Advertise on NESN Careers Certifications Contact NESN Email List Subscribe FAQ NESN on Facebook NESN on Google+ NESN RSS Feed NESN on Twitter NESN on YouTube Privacy Policy Quantcast Terms of Use Unsubscribe ©️ 2018 NESN Powered by WordPress.com VIP Will Celtics Make Blockbuster Trade? Danny Ainge Hints At Offseason Plans NBA Rumors: LeBron James To Lakers? Fate Not Tied To Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard Celtics’ Robert Williams Explains Why You Shouldn’t Worry About His Work Ethic NBA Rumors: LeBron James To Opt Out Of Cavs Contract, Become Free Agent

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/06/nba-rumors-celtics-wont-include-these-players-in-kawhi-leonard-trade/

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Getting kind of crazy out there. Now they are saying Paul George put Boston on his possible list. Like I said,
some of these wannabee reports are hoping to throw it against the wall and hope one outlandish one sticks.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Good he’s not as dumb as he looks Lol

Seriously why would he do anything? Unless it’s that much of a fleecing/great deal, we are set to dominate in the near future for a long time.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down