Game # 6 Keys to victory

5 posters

Go down

Game # 6 Keys to victory Empty Game # 6 Keys to victory

Post by dboss Fri May 28, 2010 6:35 pm

The thing I like most about the posters on this board is that they are experienced Celtics fans that understand the ebb and flow of a sereis.

There is no need to panic. The Celtics will win the game tonight.

The Celtics need to get back to playing Celtics basketball.

That means taking away what the other team wants to do. The Magic have been exploiting our inability to defend the pick and role. The Magic have used this basic scheme were they bump Rondo off two picks and it allows Nelson to get around the corner forcing perk or KG to close out on him and at the same time leaving Howard in a position to get allyeopp passes for easy dunks or it provides an opportunity for one of their shooters to get open for a 3 point shot.

On offense the Celtics have not been able to get into transitionn because the magic are making shots so there are limited fast break opportunities. Nevertheless Boston (rondo) needs to push the ball even on made shots. It would be helpful if our wings could also get up and down a bit quicker.

On defense the Celtics need to agressively attack by trapping Nelson before he turns the corner or has an open passing lane. No player can fight over the top of 2 picks so it will take a team effort to slow him down.

And they need to anticipate the rotations that will be required to close out on the perimeter. You can see exactly what is going to happen before it happens.

The Magic are a rythum team so Boston needs to throw off their timing a bit. I would like to see more pressure on the ball from Rondo when the Magic take the ball so that a full court defensive option can shear away valuable seconds off the shot clock.

The Celtics need to position rebound instead of trying to out jump the magic.

KG needs to step up and knock down some jumpers and get to the line. Howard has done a very good job defending KG and bothering his shot.

The basketball needs to move. That means that PP needs to stop pounding the ball and make a move, draw some fouls, find Ray Allen and play solid defense. In general the basketball needs to move from the 2nd option to the 3rd and 4th options. Just move without the ball and find the open man.

Howard has been allowed to get away with a lot of cheap shots but it seems like Sheed or Perkins get called even when Howard is the one who is initiating a lot of the contact. The Celtics need to be agressive but we really need Perk to stay out of foul trouble early so that Howard can be defended one on one.

With baby able to play tonight that certainly helps our cause but I am most concerend about TA. We really need his defense off the bench and apparently his ankle is bothering him.

As game time approaches, I am filled with a nervous sort of excitement. The Celtics can definitely win the game by replicating what they did in the 1st 3 games.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Game # 6 Keys to victory Empty Re: Game # 6 Keys to victory

Post by swedeinestonia Fri May 28, 2010 8:03 pm

I am ready for some lawnmower defense.

Go Celtics!
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Fri May 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Celtics know what they have to do and will go out and get it done. Cover the 3 point line and wrap Howard up and not let him get easy dunks.

Nervous excitement? Oh yeah Dboss, great analysis.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat May 29, 2010 12:08 am

Dboss, I'm writing this AFTER the game.

You made some great calls and actually came close to duplicating the Celtics' game plan. It's why we pay you the big hoops.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat May 29, 2010 2:03 am

Spot on Sam!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content