Boston Celtics TV announcer Mike Gorman agrees to 3-year contract with NBC Sports Boston

4 posters

Go down

Boston Celtics TV announcer Mike Gorman agrees to 3-year contract with NBC Sports Boston Empty Boston Celtics TV announcer Mike Gorman agrees to 3-year contract with NBC Sports Boston

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:24 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/11/boston_celtics_tv_announcer_mi.html

Boston Celtics TV announcer Mike Gorman agrees to 3-year contract with NBC Sports Boston

Updated 10:20 AM; Posted 10:18 AM

Boston Celtics TV announcer Mike Gorman agrees to 3-year contract with NBC Sports Boston Tommy-heinsohn-mike-gorman-1ec383608fda55b7
Boston Celtics broadcasters Tommy Heinsohn, left, and Mike Gorman speak on camera as fans wearing photos of the broadcasters' faces stand behind the two, prior to an NBA basketball game between the Celtics and the Indiana Pacerss in Boston on Wednesday, March 16, 2011. The two are celebrating 30 years as a broadcast tandem. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola) (Elise Amendola)

By Tom Westerholm

Boston Celtics play-by-play announcer Mike Gorman has agreed to a three-year contract to remain with NBC Sports Boston, he announced on Wednesday.

Toucher and Rich
@Toucherandrich
Mike Gorman just announced that he just signed a brand new 3 year deal with NBC Sports Boston. One of the best in the business is sticking around for a while.

5:27 AM - Nov 28, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy
263 people are talking about this

Gorman and color announcer Tommy Heinsohn have become mainstays in the Boston media market, teaming up to cover Celtics games for more than 30 years. While Heinsohn is better known for his pro-Celtics coverage, Gorman is often the understated voice responsible for keeping the broadcast from going off the rails when Heinsohn gets going. The combination of the two has made Celtics broadcasts one of the more iconic local tandems league-wide.

In recent years, Gorman has frequently been joined on the road by former Celtics player Brian Scalabrine.

Gorman announced men's basketball games for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro. He was inducted into the New England Basketball Hall of Fame in 2004.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics TV announcer Mike Gorman agrees to 3-year contract with NBC Sports Boston Empty Re: Boston Celtics TV announcer Mike Gorman agrees to 3-year contract with NBC Sports Boston

Post by gyso Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:59 pm

My new conspiracy theory.

Mike held out recently in order to get a new two year deal.  NBC Sports tried to play hardball.  When NBC Sports saw the poor reviews from the recent work put in by Draper, they told Mike, "No, wait, we'll give you three years!!"

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics TV announcer Mike Gorman agrees to 3-year contract with NBC Sports Boston Empty Re: Boston Celtics TV announcer Mike Gorman agrees to 3-year contract with NBC Sports Boston

Post by bobc33 Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 pm

gyso wrote:My new conspiracy theory.

Mike held out recently in order to get a new two year deal.  NBC Sports tried to play hardball.  When NBC Sports saw the poor reviews from the recent work put in by Draper, they told Mike, "No, wait, we'll give you three years!!"

I’m not one for conspiracy theories usually, but I like this one!

Never heard back from NBC Sports Boston after I emailed them about how terrible Draper is. Not surprised at that but I’ll bet hundreds of other viewers let them know similar feelings.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:38 am

In my opinion, Gorman is one of the most talented announcers covering the NBA.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down