NYCelt
RosalieTCeltics
Matty
dboss
8 posters

Go down

NBA Trade Deadline February 7, 2019 Empty NBA Trade Deadline February 7, 2019

Post by dboss Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:27 pm

As the trade deadline approaches does anyone envision a move by the Celtics?

Are there any positional needs to be upgraded or added to that would make them a better team?

Will the Celtics keep Morris and Rozier given their free agency status next year (Terry RFA)?

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

NBA Trade Deadline February 7, 2019 Empty Re: NBA Trade Deadline February 7, 2019

Post by Matty Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm good with who we got.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

NBA Trade Deadline February 7, 2019 Empty Re: NBA Trade Deadline February 7, 2019

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:35 pm

The sentimentalist in me says...stand pat....lets see what these guys can do when they really gel. Hayward is coming along slowly, but he is a good part of that second unit right now. Hopefully, Jaylen breaks out of the funk he is in and we see the guy we were expecting all along.
Morris has proved himself so valuable, lets keep him around. The only one I might see going is Rozier IF the right deal came along. DA won’t trade him for the sake of trading
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Unless something changes, we're going to need to get another big.

Doesn't need to be a top-shelf type, just someone with a little experience who can defend and board some.

With Horford aging and getting more brittle, Baynes wounded again, and Williams and Theis promising but still developing, reinforcements are going to be needed for the stretch run.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:19 pm

Sure miss Al.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:29 am

The idea of waiting for the last day of the trade deadline has now been moved up to this morning, in my opinion with Baynes breaking his hand last night.

There is no really good, long term reason to force Horford back into the lineup for the next game, and expecting Williams and Theis to fill the position by themselves is not an option for a team looking for a good season which includes a good playoff seeding spot.

It is clearly a time to use one of the four first round picks that the team controls to get a center type guy right now. No way the Cs can absorb four first rounders on next year's team without calling next year the first of yet another rebuild, and with at least two (Horford and Hayward) and maybe three (add Irving) max salary guys no team can be in rebuilding mode.

I like Deadmon, and the Hawks are in full rebuild so another first and Yabusele would be fair if the salaries work.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:36 am

I like Deadmon too.

How bad is Baynes' broken hand? Six to 8 weeks? End of February?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:41 am

wideclyde wrote:The idea of waiting for the last day of the trade deadline has now been moved up to this morning, in my opinion with Baynes breaking his hand last night.

There is no really good, long term reason to force Horford back into the lineup for the next game, and expecting Williams and Theis to fill the position by themselves is not an option for a team looking for a good season which includes a good playoff seeding spot.

It is clearly a time to use one of the four first round picks that the team controls to get a center type guy right now.  No way the Cs can absorb four first rounders on next year's team without calling next year the first of yet another rebuild, and with at least two (Horford and Hayward) and maybe three (add Irving) max salary guys no team can be in rebuilding mode.

I like Deadmon, and the Hawks are in full rebuild so another first and Yabusele would be fair if the salaries work.

I agree, the future is now.  Horford needs to be 100% come playoff time and rushing him back too soon defeats that purpose.

We cannot expect Theis and Williams to man the 5 spot for 48 minutes.  The Yabusele experiment is over.  Time to include him in a trade to add depth to our bigs.

Also, remember that Morris is suffering from tendonitis of his knee and he may need to rest a bit.  Theis may get some of his time in certain lineups.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:37 pm

gyso wrote:
wideclyde wrote:The idea of waiting for the last day of the trade deadline has now been moved up to this morning, in my opinion with Baynes breaking his hand last night.

It is clearly a time to use one of the four first round picks that the team controls to get a center type guy right now.  No way the Cs can absorb four first rounders on next year's team without calling next year the first of yet another rebuild, and with at least two (Horford and Hayward) and maybe three (add Irving) max salary guys no team can be in rebuilding mode.

I agree, the future is now.  Horford needs to be 100% come playoff time and rushing him back too soon defeats that purpose.

We cannot expect Theis and Williams to man the 5 spot for 48 minutes.  The Yabusele experiment is over.  Time to include him in a trade to add depth to our bigs.

Also, remember that Morris is suffering from tendonitis of his knee and he may need to rest a bit.  Theis may get some of his time in certain lineups.

gyso

Is Baynes out for the season? What about AH? Is he out for the season?

Adding a big does not alter a fundamental need for the Celtics to rebound as a team. That is why they lost last night. They did not block out. They did not put a body on their man. They did not compensate for all the switching that is part of their defensive schemes. I keep saying they.

Danny is unlikely to over react to their current state of affairs. We can start throwing names on the board as possible trade targets but just be mindful that trades have to meet certain criteria. Draft picks do not make up for salary.

If one of our bigs is lost for the year then you have to make a move now. That is not the case?

I think the Celtics will stand pat and play out their hand for the time being.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:09 am

things look to be lining up more and more for Anthony Davis to end up with the Lakers now.

the comments King James made about wanting to play with him

the switching of agents to King James team

the dinner with King James the other night in LA.

I think we can pretty much quit talking about Anthony Davis being a Celtic any time soon.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:03 am

kdp59 wrote:things look to be lining up more and more for  Anthony Davis to end up with the Lakers now.

the comments King James made about wanting to play with him

the switching of agents to King James team

the dinner with King James the other night in LA.

I think we can pretty much quit talking about Anthony Davis being a Celtic any time soon.

I would tend to agree KDP59

I really do not care if he stays in NO or goes to the Lakers.  The Lakers cannot sign him as a free agent and if they traded for him they would have to gut their young core and they would probably give away future picks as well.

In any event AD is really the one with all the power.  NOLA can refuse to trade him to the team of his choice and end up losing him for nothing.

The Celtics are still developing their young players and they have assets to do a lot of things.  

Celtics fans need to understand that if Boston and NOLA make a deal they are going to want Tatum.  I am sure LAL would part with Kuzma and Ingram if they had to.  Ingram/Kuzma = Tatum/Brown  however an argument can me made that Brown plus 3-4 1st rounders makes up the difference.  You would still have to give up Smart. Yabu and Semi and probably Williams.  

Do you like?

Irving
Davis
Tatum

How do you afford Horford, Hayward, Irving and Davis?  Maybe you take a big hit one more year with Horford.

Who fills out the rest of the rotation since Rozier, Morris, gone via FA and Brown, Smart,  Semi, Yabusele and Williams are gone in the trade as well as multiple first rounders???
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down