Next Up - Bucks @Celtics, Friday at 7:30 PM 12/21/2018

2 posters

Go down

Next Up - Bucks @Celtics, Friday at 7:30 PM 12/21/2018 Empty Next Up - Bucks @Celtics, Friday at 7:30 PM 12/21/2018

Post by dboss Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:08 pm

The Celtics tip off against the Bucks tonight at the TD Gardens at 7:30.

The injury report update indicates that Horford, Morris and as expected,  Baynes will not play tonight.  Yabuselle is expected to play but he may be traded before the game starts. Money is flowing for the Bucks for the past few hours.  They are slight favorites.

In an earlier meeting  Boston secured a real tough 117-113 victory at home.

I have no idea how Boston intends to match up with the Freak and the Android.  (Watch the Sci-Fi channel)  If you recall the last time they started Semi on Giannis and Horford on Lopez.

I think we may see several guys matching up with Giannis. Semi started out on him last game.  In the first game Lopez did not play much because he was too slow.

While Middleton is a dead eyed spot up shooter the one guy that always kills us is Brogden.  If you sleep on him he will take you off the dribble and if you give him an open look he will take those shots and make them as well.  This assignment goes to Marcus Smart.

Tatum should match up with Middleton.

I would start Theis on Lopez.  This year Lopez has turned into a stretch 5.  He takes 9.8 shots and 6.8 are from behind the arc.  Therefore you can cover him on the perimeter with a smaller player.  The other reason he plays up top now is to open up space for the Freak to do freaky things.

Bledsoe and Irving will match up and Rozier gets a look at George Hill off the bench.

The Bucks are long and athletic.  They are well coached.  They share the ball and they execute.

After Semi picks up a few fouls someone else will be needed to challenge the Freak.  Look for Williams to get some one on one play time against him.

I recently mentioned the Pacers win against the Bucks where they completely befuddled the Freak by bringing a double team early and often.

Boston needs to be prepared to change up their defenses.  Celtics player should not become velcro straps.  Do not be afraid to double team but that 3rd guy needs to be ready to rotate to the open man.  A little zone defense mixed in will also be useful.

The Celtics dropped two straight games because they did not control their defensive glass.  If and when Williams goes for the block Celtics players need to BLOCK out and secure the rebound.  In general they need to block out and then go for the rebound.  This is not a spectator sport for players that are in the game.

I have not mentioned Jaylen Brown but he will be needed to check Tony Snell.  Jaylen did not play the first game and Gordon Hayward did not play.  The Celtics need solid contributions from both of them.  It will take a team effort to take down the Bucks.

Let's go Celtics!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Next Up - Bucks @Celtics, Friday at 7:30 PM 12/21/2018 Empty Re: Next Up - Bucks @Celtics, Friday at 7:30 PM 12/21/2018

Post by sinus007 Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Dboss,
It actually starts at 8:00 EST. And it's on ESPN.
Who's gonna guard The GF, I wonder.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Next Up - Bucks @Celtics, Friday at 7:30 PM 12/21/2018 Empty Re: Next Up - Bucks @Celtics, Friday at 7:30 PM 12/21/2018

Post by dboss Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:41 pm

sinus007 wrote:Dboss,
It actually starts at 8:00 EST. And it's on ESPN.
Who's gonna guard The GF, I wonder.

AK

Sinus I hate ESPN.

Everyone will guard the Freak. I think you start Semi on him and then rotate the Timelord over. Length against length.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down