swish
bobc33
cowens/oldschool
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME MIL BUCKS - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME MIL BUCKS - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:48 pm

112288 wrote:Haywood could be suffering from a mental problem from his injury similar to a baseball batter getting hit in the head and loosing his nerve at the plate.   But that does not excuse Haywood from shooting poorly as he has!

While I am at it Brown is like a yoyo, he has great games then shxt games.  He would garner value and would like to see him moved in a trade.  I think he has reached his peak as a performer on the court.

If we trade Jaylen, he will blossom just like the way Olidipo did away from Thunder, Hayward may never get it all back, I’d be patient he’s only 22.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Jaylen has shot 3's badly for maybe 15 games this year, and we are now planning to trade him for Jeff Greene and a 4th round draft pick. How come Danny is not wise enough to see the wisdom of our disdain for Jaylen?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:15 pm

worcester wrote:Jaylen has shot 3's badly for maybe 15 games this year, and we are now planning to trade him for Jeff Greene and a 4th round draft pick. How come Danny is not wise enough to see the wisdom of our disdain for Jaylen?

Don't be so surprised worcester - as this board like others around the country has it's fair share of alarmist that will abandon ship after a handfull of loses and than just as quickly jump on the band wagon after a few wins in a row. They just don't seem to understand that it's an 82 game schedule and except for those teams that are destined to play .800 ball or better you can expect a sort of rollercoaster ride.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:04 pm

As most of you know I was all in for drafting Buddy Hield.

I made a passionate argument and plea for Buddy.  But Danny said Fy dboss I need an athletic wing since I could not make a trade for Winslow.  I thought. ok that makes perfect sense .  I knew we needed to upgrade Crowder.  What I did not know was that Jaylen was our replacement for Avery Bradley.  I believed that Buddy was a dynamic shooter and Jaylen was not.  That was the basis of my argument.

I was not wrong about Hield.  Buddy Hield leads the Kings in scoring at 20 per game and he is shooting .435% from deep.  I argued that he was the best pure shooter in the draft and I was right about that.

Despite those great numbers I was wrong.  Jaylen Brown was the right choice.

Last year he shot close to 40% from deep and was a dependable and physical defender,

This year he has struggled shooting the ball and that has impacted his overall contribution to the team.  Fans are thinking he stinks let's trade him.  But I say hell no, bad move.  

His is only 22 years old.  His upside while still a mystery, cannot be overlooked.  He can in fact play.

If he was into year 3 and never shown us that he can score the basketball I would have more doubts about him.  That is simply not the case.  Last year was not luck.  Jaylen Brown is in fact a young man with tremendous upside.  Did Danny error in drafting Brown?   He did not.

Player development is no overnight sensation.  It takes time.  It takes patience.  He played very well last night.  He struggled at times last night but still rose to the top.  He has a chance to be great.   We were embarrassed last night against a legit contender but Jaylen did not embarrass the Celtics.  Not one bit.

Give the kid a chance.  Give him time to work through some things.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:52 pm

Dboss, once again we see eye to eye. I was all for picking Buddy 3 years ago, but since then I have been thrilled, though recently disappointed, with Jaylen. Cream rises to the top. We shall see what this young man is made of soon enough.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:48 pm

Just for the record, I wanted Buddy Hield as well.

Did you read that everyone got his age wrong? Everyone, including the NBA, Wikipedia, etc. has him listed as just turned 25. He actually just turned 26, he was born in 1992.

His passport says 1992 and his driver's license says 1992. He thinks Wikipedia got it wrong and everyone copied it from there.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:54 pm

dboss wrote:As most of you know I was all in for drafting Buddy Hield.

I made a passionate argument and plea for Buddy.  But Danny said Fy dboss I need an athletic wing since I could not make a trade for Winslow.  I thought. ok that makes perfect sense .  I knew we needed to upgrade Crowder.  What I did not know was that Jaylen was our replacement for Avery Bradley.  I believed that Buddy was a dynamic shooter and Jaylen was not.  That was the basis of my argument.

I was not wrong about Hield.  Buddy Hield leads the Kings in scoring at 20 per game and he is shooting .435% from deep.  I argued that he was the best pure shooter in the draft and I was right about that.

Despite those great numbers I was wrong.  Jaylen Brown was the right choice.

Last year he shot close to 40% from deep and was a dependable and physical defender,

This year he has struggled shooting the ball and that has impacted his overall contribution to the team.  Fans are thinking he stinks let's trade him.  But I say hell no, bad move.  

His is only 22 years old.  His upside while still a mystery, cannot be overlooked.  He can in fact play.

If he was into year 3 and never shown us that he can score the basketball I would have more doubts about him.  That is simply not the case.  Last year was not luck.  Jaylen Brown is in fact a young man with tremendous upside.  Did Danny error in drafting Brown?   He did not.

Player development is no overnight sensation.  It takes time.  It takes patience.  He played very well last night.  He struggled at times last night but still rose to the top.  He has a chance to be great.   We were embarrassed last night against a legit contender but Jaylen did not embarrass the Celtics.  Not one bit.

Give the kid a chance.  Give him time to work through some things.

+1 LIKE

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:01 pm

He makes highlight reel plays that very few wings that are even very good players can make, he makes them and we go WOW!!! You don’t give up on young talent like that. That old saying Rome wasn’t built in a day applies here. He also defended the monster Giannis very well, surprisingly well....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:48 pm

112288 wrote:
MrKleen,

Is there a secret message hidden behind Brad's banner?

It has a close resemblance to the Freemasonry or Masonry symbol and what is used on U.S. currency.

Wow, this is too deep for me!

LOL  112288

Nothing too deep buddy, just a shirt they are selling outside the garden. From the same company that brought you the Joe Kelly Fight Clubs and "Lebron Is A Bitch" shirts, dont think there is much deep thought involved in the design.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:02 pm

Regarding "Lebron is a bitch," he has just Tweeted out anti-Semitic lyrics. I hope it was somehow unintentional. If he does not appreciate how much Jewish owners and management have done for the NBA and especially its players, then he's an idiot. If he doesn't know how much Jewish players sustained and advanced the game in the 1940's, then he is woefully ignorant of the history of the game.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:33 pm

This is really not acceptable. Unless he is stupid, he needs to apologize immediately.

I am Catholic...yet I am deeply offended by this!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:09 am

112288, I hope Lebron's response strips away any implication he intended an anti-Semitic slur. The last thing we need as a nation is more hate directed at any group. The last thing we need as basketball fans is to get all roiled up into frenzied political discussions. I watch the game for the love of the game. And although Lebron has a right to express himself, some comments do no one any good at all. No one.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2