bobc33
tjmakz
Sam
jeb
9 posters

Go down

the officiating last night Empty the officiating last night

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Sam before you read this know that I am not saying that the game was biased in any way. It wasnt. What I will say is that it is bad for the Celtics if they call games this tight. We never got into a flow on d and neither did the Lakers really because the game was called so maddeningly tight. Let em play a little bit guys if you do then the world will be rewarded with a beautiful series.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

the officiating last night Empty Re: the officiating last night

Post by Sam Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Jeb,

Two days ago, I heard a guy from Sports Illustrated being interviewed. He was just finishing a study on referees in which he interviewed a whole bunch of people, including most or all of the NBA coaches. He didn't reveal all his findings, but he did say the consensus was that the referee whose style most favored the Celtics away from home was Joey Crawford, who reffed last night.

I guess viewpoints about referees are just in the eye of the beholder. I've always felt the more aggressive team usually got the better shake from the refs unless the more aggressive team committed a lot of blatant fouls.

Lakers guards were using the lane like it was a bicycle path. The Lakers were hitting the boards hard.

Among other things last night, I thought it was a miracle that Perk didn't pick up a single foul until nearly halftime. And it was no shock to me that Ray and Tony picked up a lot of fouls because they were both guarding the same guy.

I'm not trying to put down anyone's opinion. But, each time I hear that the refs should let the teams play, I think to myself that the fans should let the refs ref and trust their in own teams to adapt to refereeing idiosyncrasies, if not capitalize on them.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:31 pm

sam

well said. I will give that some thought.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Jeb,

The main thing is that the Celtics have a LOT of work to do in order to rectify all of the problems that confronted them in Game 1. I've seen it happen. In fact, the Celtics have been on both the receiving and giving ends of major turnarounds in playoff history. I'm hoping for yet another one in Game 2.

Hang in there. You're one of the most loyal rooters they have. And, if the worst happens and they're sent on summer vacation, it's very possible you could get a job with them teaching them how to eat 50 eggs (and still retain your friends afterwards).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Well Sam I wont be giving up any time soon. Chin up shoulders square. The Celts have some serious work to do.

I am trying to kick a 25 year nicotine habit and the spooks and goblins are putting on a nice little floor show right now. It's a mean motor scooter. But so am I.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 pm

jeb,

I wish you the best in winning the nicotine battle.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:31 pm

thanks tj

I am doing it. My mind is set. It is a bitch but you got to man up sometimes and look it all square in the eye.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:38 pm

jeb65 wrote:Well Sam I wont be giving up any time soon. Chin up shoulders square. The Celts have some serious work to do.

I am trying to kick a 25 year nicotine habit and the spooks and goblins are putting on a nice little floor show right now. It's a mean motor scooter. But so am I.

Jeb

Jeb,

Best of luck buddy. It ain't easy but can be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:47 pm

I am doing it. Needs doing and I am doing it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:00 am

Jeb,

It seems so easy to non-smokers just like losing weight seems to skinny people. But I know it's something you have to focus on or that butt will be in your hand before you know it. You're doing a good thing, and I wish you luck.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:11 am

[quote="jeb65"]I am doing it. Needs doing and I am doing it.[/quote
I've been there Jeb, it was a struggle...You're doing something great for yourself.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:14 am

fellas

I damn sure wanted one watchin the lakers strut and celebrate in game one. I damn sure did. But the reason I chose now is if i can grit it out through this i can make it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:15 pm

jeb65 wrote:

Jeb

jeb,

That is a fight well worth having. I smoked for 12 years and stopped many times. I finally stopped when I went to the doctor with bronchial asthma and he told me that if I didn't stop smoking I'd be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40. Considering I was 21 and playing full court hoops 3 days a week, that scared me straight.

I foolishly smoked a few cigarettes many years after stopping, just for the hell of it. It felt like a gorilla was sitting on my chest and that, as they say, was that. I've never gone near one since. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid.

Hang in there. It's one of the best short and longterm investments in your health and budget you can make.

I know somebody out here who's going through the same deal. He takes the money he would have spent on cigarettes and puts it into a jar. When the jar's full, he's gonna buy himself something nice (he's a golfer). His wife and 2 kids are throwing money into the jar too, to encourage him. I told him, if he reneges and starts smoking again, that's like stealing from your kids because there's no way of knowing how much of that jar money is yours and how much is theirs. The look on his face when I said this was remarkable. His first reaction was one of total fear. His eyes widened and his mouth slightly opened and his body leaned back. Fear of failure and how that would look to his kids considering their efforts. And then his jaw tightened and his eyes slitted slightly and I knew he was gonna make it.

Fight the good fight, my friend. For all of us who support you as well as for yourself.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:45 pm

bobheck

Well written and whipsmart as usual. I am on day 5 and i aim to do it. It is time.

I have declared my intentions to my friends and left no back doors open for myself. I am at an age where I need to start being serious about taking care of my body if i want to have some years with my gal. I do.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Jeb,

My dad died at 76 with complications from emphysema, my brother is 65 and on oxygen tank, I quit (smoked for 15 years) after seein myself heading where my dad got to on them Marlboros. It wasn't easy but you will do it. It's in the mind I think more than the body.

Here's a Jebism for ya. "It's a king hell cravin I gotta stop!"

You can do it

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:33 pm

hoop

I gave my old man cpr as his red pall mall lungs failed him and he didnt make it. He tried so hard to quit but just couldnt. I can dig it ...what you are saying. It's a real thing. I can do it and I am doing it. Thanks to everyone for such great words and support.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Jeb,
Good luck! You must do it and you will do it.

AK

Oops, I should've changed the avatar for this post Laughing
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:55 pm

sinus

Ha! That made me laugh out loud!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:05 am

Here is what a player says about the tight officiating:

“There were a lot of fouls early,” Ray Allen said. “When the referees blow the whistle like that early, they taking control of the game. I think for us, in the history of the team being together, it’s always had a tendency of taking our aggressiveness away from us. It’s important that we adjust to how they call the game and still stay ready.”

Here is the source:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsjP0Dw36A5lAEjmCy1htou8vLYF?slug=mc-allenceltics060410

Here is an interesting bit about the rivalry between Ray and Kobe:

Allen’s foul trouble further deflated what was once one of the NBA’s most entertaining player rivalries. Six years ago, Allen and Bryant battled for the right to be called the league’s best shooting guard. Bryant elbowed Allen in the jaw one game and each responded by taunting the other. According to the Seattle Times, Bryant told Allen he was going to “bust his ass” during an exhibition game the 2005-06 season.

“Don’t even put me and that dude in the same breath,” Bryant said at the time.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:06 am

jeb65 wrote:sinus

Ha! That made me laugh out loud!
Everytime you want a smoke Jeb, reach for an egg...I bet you can't eat 50 eggs...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down