Chris Bosh recalled how Kevin Garnett’s trash talk once caused him to lose sleep

Go down

Chris Bosh recalled how Kevin Garnett’s trash talk once caused him to lose sleep Empty Chris Bosh recalled how Kevin Garnett’s trash talk once caused him to lose sleep

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:24 pm

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2019/02/12/chris-bosh-kevin-garnett-trash-talk

Here’s another story to add to the legendary canon of Kevin Garnett’s maniacal trash talk.

Chris Bosh admitted in an interview this week that Garnett once “got in [his] head” so bad that he lost sleep afterward.

“He called me a momma’s boy,” the former Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat big man told Bill Simmons in a podcast interview Monday.

“We joked and laughed about it a few months ago,” Bosh said. “He got me, too. It was true. [laughing] It was true. He called me a momma’s boy. … I forgot what he said to me and I said something back. He said, ‘Man, you a momma’s boy.’ I was like ‘Whoa.’ I had the worst game of my career after that.”

It’s unclear when exactly the exchange occurred, though Bosh has similarly recalled having a “terrible game” with the Heat against the Celtics in the 2011 playoffs after getting trash-talked by Garnett (likely referring to his six-point performance in Game 4 of the conference semifinals). However, it wasn’t until his interview this week with Simmons that Bosh revealed what Garnett had said — as well as its lasting impact.

“I couldn’t sleep,” Bosh said. “I was up just late at night like, ‘What is that supposed to mean? A momma’s boy. Who is he talking about? Hm.’ It’s 4 a.m., you know, I gotta be up in a couple hours.”

Say what you will about Garnett’s strange on-court antics, but it appears in at least this case it was effective.

“He was all in [my head],” Bosh said. “All in there. Kept hearing it, man — ‘Momma’s boy.'”

I miss that guy...

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down