how some former Celtics are doing in the CBA this year.

3 posters

Go down

how some former Celtics are doing in the CBA this year. Empty how some former Celtics are doing in the CBA this year.

Post by kdp59 Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:53 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/40/Chinese-CBA/stats/2019/Averages/Qualified/All/trb/All/desc

we all know Danny sometimes picks up players here once their season ends.

some former Celtics:

J. Sullinger- 27.3 pts., 13.0 Reb, 4.0 assists and 1.0 blocks

B. Bass-22.9 pts, 9.7 Reb, 2.2 Assist and 1.1 Blocks

S. Randolph - 22.8 pts, 8.8 Rb, 1.3 Assist and 0.5 blocks

A. Jefferson- 15.1 pts, 7.5 reb, 1.1 assits and 0.6 blocks ( geesh his totals should be twice that based on the others)

J. Gibson- 34.0 pts, 6.4 reb, 3.8 assits and 1.4 steals

thats about all the former Celtics I can find.

a young big man who seems to doing well with the plaing time there is

Dakari Johnson- 22.3 pts, 14.3 reb, 3.3 assists and 1.9 Blocks per game

he played a year or two for Okl after being a second round pick I think out of Kentucky.

IF Danny doesn't sign a buy out NBA vet, he might be worth a look see.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

how some former Celtics are doing in the CBA this year. Empty Re: how some former Celtics are doing in the CBA this year.

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Al Jefferson is alive and well and playing in China? Who knew?

Dakari Johnson. I was surprised he didn't stick in the NBA. He was someone I was rooting for the Celtics to draft a while back. Poor guy had the misfortune to first be stuck behind Julius Randle, then behind the tandem of Karl-Anthony Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein. Johnson's sophomore year at Kentucky, with Towns and Stein, was, in my book, maybe the most talented center group since Bill Walton and Swen Nater.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

how some former Celtics are doing in the CBA this year. Empty Re: how some former Celtics are doing in the CBA this year.

Post by wideclyde Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:01 am

While it is nice to see that these guys are still playing and earning probably pretty good money over in China, I would hesitate to use their offensive numbers as a strong determinant for the Cs to sign them when the Chinese season is over because no one plays any defense in that league including the guys on this list.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:14 am

wideclyde wrote:While it is nice to see that these guys are still playing and earning probably pretty good money over in China, I would hesitate to use their offensive numbers as a strong determinant for the Cs to sign them when the Chinese season is over because no one plays any defense in that league including the guys on this list.

agreed the CBA stats are always inflated one only need to note Jonathan Gibsons' numbers to understand that. However their season ends soon and some players will likely finish this year playing for an NBA team.

Danny has also signed players form there as well and we do still have an open roster spot.

so one never knows.

NYCelt, I agree Johnson is doing well with the playing time he is getting and I wouldn't mind if Danny signed him to a minimum deal the rest of this year with a team option for next season. Might be a cheap player for the end of our bench next season
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down