Jeff Van Gundy suggests the Lakers explore a LeBron James trade this offseason

2 posters

Go down

Jeff Van Gundy suggests the Lakers explore a LeBron James trade this offseason Empty Jeff Van Gundy suggests the Lakers explore a LeBron James trade this offseason

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:17 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lebron-james-trade-jeff-van-gundy-disaster-season-034106887.html

Jeff Van Gundy suggests the Lakers explore a LeBron James trade this offseason

Yahoo Sports  Jack Baer, Yahoo Sports
13 hours ago

It’s safe to say this season has been a fiasco for the Los Angeles Lakers.

The team is 30-35, has lost four straight and is almost certainly not making the playoffs. Brandon Ingram is out for the season. Lonzo Ball is out for the season. LeBron James is on a minutes restriction and receiving so much criticism that Kyrie Irving feels sorry for him.

Everything falling apart like this means head coach Luke Walton is almost certainly going to be fired this offseason, but the organization will likely have many more moves to make.

According to one ESPN analyst, the Lakers should consider one of those moves being a LeBron James trade. Yep, that’s the point we’ve reached this Lakers season.

In the first quarter of another Lakers loss against the Boston Celtics on Saturday, the topic of the team’s future came up. Analyst Jeff Van Gundy dropped the idea of the Lakers ending James’ tenure, to the disbelief of fellow analyst Mark Jackson, who we should note has been mentioned as a possible replacement for Walton.

The basic outline of Van Gundy’s idea: trade James to the Clippers primarily to free up cap space, then go after Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis and/or Kawhi Leonard.

https://twitter.com/ChampChong/status/1104559927542992896
Champ
✔️
@ChampChong
Did Jeff Van Gundy just suggest that the Lakers trade Lebron James to the Clippers in the off-season? LMAO
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jeff Van Gundy suggests the Lakers explore a LeBron James trade this offseason Empty Re: Jeff Van Gundy suggests the Lakers explore a LeBron James trade this offseason

Post by gyso Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Jeff kept going on and on about this idea.  He has a tendency to go totally off topic and in the process, he ignores the game in front of him.

He may be a very smart guy, BBIQ-wise, and a very nice guy in the real world, but he is very annoying.  I was even asking for Scal and Draper over Jeff and Mark Jackson on the Game On! thread last night it was so bad.

I said "almost", so I wasn't totally serious about it.  I hope we get Mike Gorman and Scal next game.

Back to top Go down