Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table?

3 posters

Go down

Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table? Empty Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table?

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:12 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/nba-rumors-lakers-pelicans-trade-anthony-davis-table?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

NBA Rumors: Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table?

By Darren Hartwell March 14, 2019 7:45 AM

The Los Angeles Lakers tried and (very publicly) failed to wrest Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans prior to the NBA trade deadline.

Might they have to wait until 2020 free agency for their next shot at the All-Star big man?

The Undefeated's Mark J. Spears suggested as much Wednesday afternoon on ESPN's "The Jump."

"I have been told that there’s no way Anthony Davis is coming here (to Los Angeles) through the Pelicans," Spears said.

Co-host Michael Wilbon then chimed in with his confirmation: "They're just not going to do it. I've heard the same thing."

The Pelicans and Lakers seemingly left trade deadline talks on acrimonious terms, with New Orleans reportedly upset L.A.'s multiple trade offers for Davis became so public and the Lakers skeptical the Pelicans gave them a fair shake in negotiations. The whole mess even led New Orleans to fire general manager Dell Demps and its head coach, Alvin Gentry, to publicly call the situation a "dumpster fire."

So, yeah. You can see why the two sides may not be willing to deal.

That would appear to open the door for the Boston Celtics, who are in fact on Davis' "list" and boast a wealth of assets to offer the Pelicans in trade talks this summer.

The caveat, of course, is that Davis can opt out of his contract after the 2019-20 season and become a free agent. Reports suggest he prefers signing in Los Angeles when that time comes -- both Spears and Wilbon didn't rule this out, simply noting Davis wouldn't go to L.A. through New Orleans -- so the Celtics' risk of dumping all their assets for one year of Davis still is very real.

Interestingly enough, Spears and Wilbon also mentioned the Clippers could be in play for Davis, with Spears noting a source told him there's "another team in Los Angeles that you've got to worry about."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table? Empty Re: Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table?

Post by tjmakz Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Bob,

The answer to this question is easy: Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table?
Nobody knows where he will be traded to.
Not Mark Spears.
Not Michael Wilbon.
Not Steven A. Smith.
Not Adrian Wojnarowski.
Not the Lakers, Celtics or other teams.
The NBA world is turning into TMZ.
24/365 gossip.

I'm not suggestion you shouldn't post what you want.
To write a story like this is silly at this point.
What if the Lakers get a top 3 pick?
There's so many variables.
If Boston loses another game or two in a row, expect to read more stories about Kyrie leaving Boston this summer...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table? Empty Re: Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table?

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:30 pm

tjmakz wrote:Bob,

The answer to this question is easy: Is Lakers-Pelicans trade for Anthony Davis off the table?
Nobody knows where he will be traded to.
Not Mark Spears.
Not Michael Wilbon.
Not Steven A. Smith.
Not Adrian Wojnarowski.
Not the Lakers, Celtics or other teams.
The NBA world is turning into TMZ.
24/365 gossip.

I'm not suggestion you shouldn't post what you want.
To write a story like this is silly at this point.
What if the Lakers get a top 3 pick?
There's so many variables.
If Boston loses another game or two in a row, expect to read more stories about Kyrie leaving Boston this summer...

TJ,

I agree 100%. I post all kinds of stuff on this board that I don't agree with, all the time. I don't see it as my place to decide what board members should see or not see, unless it is just such complete crap I cannot bring myself to do it without endangering my life from cerebral vapor lock. Otherwise I post it and let you all decide whether to read it and remark on it positively or negatively.

As you just did.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 pm

There was a time when the rumor mill was pretty much dependent on the sources of the writers and announcers close to a sport - now it's flooded by a bunch of sports enthusiast with endless speculation - much of which should be taken with a grain of salt.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down