+5
NYCelt
cowens/oldschool
tjmakz
worcester
Ktronic1
9 posters

Go down

FIRE SCALABRINE POST HASTE!! Empty FIRE SCALABRINE POST HASTE!!

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:45 am

This guy has got to be the most clueless athlete on TV AND Radio!
I’ve heard and seen enough to know that he is stealing money.
He admittedly knows very little and apparently wants to keep it that way.
Example: This morning on NBA radio during his show with with Frank Isola-
Caller: “Hey White Mamba I know you’ve got the inside scoop so tell me what’s going on with the Celtics? What’s wrong with them.
Scal: “ I don’t know and I don’t want to know”
Caller: “What do you mean? You kinda work there you gotta have the inside scoop.”
Scal: “ I make it a point not to know. I don’t want to know what’s going on inside. I want to watch the game like a fan. I make it a point not to know”.
Caller: “Well can you tell me what kind of philosophy that the coaching staff employs”? Jalen Brown the other night was red hot and then all of a sudden they stop going to him. Most teams stick with the hot hand. Do they hate Jaylen? Do they just hate the dude?”
Scal: “ I don’t know. That’s why I don’t want to know cuz I don’t Want people asking me those kind of questions. I don’t want to know what’s going inside the locker room”.
This is evidence that Scal doesn’t know why he was hired. Athletes are hired because they can give a perspective from a players standpoint and can inform the viewer/listener about things they cannot get from the average show host.
The topic later turned to Kyrie and Isola asked, “when did Kyrie go out last year? Was it around March 10”?
Scal: “I don’t know. (Again) I think it was before that”.
They come back from a break and Isola says, our producer says Kyrie went out on March 11.”
Scal- “ WOW! Really? You guys were all over that”!
Since writing this I’ve heard some more dumb shit that Scal just said but I’ll save it. The above examples are reason enough to make him kick rocks.
This is consistent with him. His TV work Is no better. His analysis is generally off base and he adds very little other than a hardy laugh every now and then.
We won’t even go into his post game battles with Draper.
I say bring 90 yr old Cousy back or let Mike go solo when Tommy is not available.
It’s time. Time to Fire Scalabrine!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

FIRE SCALABRINE POST HASTE!! Empty Re: FIRE SCALABRINE POST HASTE!!

Post by worcester Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:33 am

So there are other people who recognize that the ball goes away from Jaylen even when he is the hot hand. How they have messed with this guys head over the past three years. I have no way to fathom it. Reminds me of Elizabeth Barrett Browning - "How do I mess with thee? Let me count the ways."
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:09 am

Ktronic1 wrote:This guy has got to be the most clueless athlete on TV AND Radio!
Caller: “Hey White Mamba I know you’ve got the inside scoop so tell me what’s going on with the Celtics? What’s wrong with them.
Caller: “What do you mean? You kinda work there you gotta have the inside scoop.”
Scal: “ I make it a point not to know. I don’t want to know what’s going on inside. I want to watch the game like a fan. I make it a point not to know”.
Caller: “Well can you tell me what kind of philosophy that the coaching staff employs”? Jalen Brown the other night was red hot and then all of a sudden they stop going to him. Most teams stick with the hot hand. Do they hate Jaylen? Do they just hate the dude?”
Scal: “ I don’t know.  That’s why I don’t want to know cuz I don’t Want people asking me those kind of questions. I don’t want to know what’s going inside the locker room”.
This is evidence that Scal doesn’t know why he was hired. Athletes are hired because they can give a perspective from a players standpoint and can inform the viewer/listener about things they cannot get from the average show host.
The topic later turned to Kyrie and Isola asked, “when did Kyrie go out last year? Was it around March 10”?
They come back from a break and Isola says, our producer says Kyrie went out on March 11.”
Since writing this I’ve heard some more dumb shit that Scal just said but I’ll save it. The above examples are reason enough to make him kick rocks.
This is consistent with him. His TV work Is no better. His analysis is generally off base and he adds very little other than a hardy laugh every now and then.
I say bring 90 yr old Cousy back or let Mike go solo when Tommy is not available.

I don't know how Scalabrine got that job on NBA Radio but he is terrible.
He comes across as not very intelligent, not articulate and just completely makes things up about the salary cap because Frank doesn't keep up on the salary cap or luxury tax aspects of basketball.
There are many other guest hosts that are much better than Brian on the radio.
I'm surprised they haven't been given away his spot working with Frank.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am

Frank is a gem. Brian is not.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:40 pm

tjmakz wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:This guy has got to be the most clueless athlete on TV AND Radio!
Scal: “ I don’t know.  That’s why I don’t want to know cuz I don’t Want people asking me those kind of questions. I don’t want to know what’s going inside the locker room”.

I don't know how Scalabrine got that job on NBA Radio but he is terrible.
He comes across as not very intelligent, not articulate and just completely makes things up about the salary cap because Frank doesn't keep up on the salary cap or luxury tax aspects of basketball.
There are many other guest hosts that are much better than Brian on the radio.
I'm surprised they haven't been given away his spot working with Frank.

Here’s another Slal diggedy from this morning-
They played a sound bite with LeBron saying that he doesn’t take plays off because he feels like he’d be cheating the game and the fans that pay their money to see him.
Isola comes back and asks Scal, “ how about him sitting out games saying it’s load management. Is that not the same or worse than taking plays off “?
Scal says, “I don’t know. It depends on what LeBron meant by that. I can’t speak on it because I don’t know what he was thinking at the time”
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Luckily living in Jersey never get to hear him, but heard Isola many times, he knows his shit. Why would you take that job or why would anyone hire him if he has no information to share or no insight into the game? Sounds pretty pathetic to me....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 pm

No love for the redhead here today.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:15 pm

i have not heard Scal on the radio I just hear and see him on NBC-TV/Celtics pre and post game, plus where ever they decide to shove him. His attitude and analysis of games is borderline ridiculous. Everything is a joke. His push and shove with Draper is so unprofessional. Time and again they are yelling back and forth at one time or another, both foolish, silly and just a bore.

What goes on the radio, I can only imagine what you hear. Are there so few good, intelligent, knowledgeable basketball/sports announcers out there???

Unfortunately, until the powers that be get enough complaints, we will be subject to this foolishness
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:30 pm

I'll take him over Van Gundy and P.J. Carlesimo.

These guys will make you head explode!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:44 pm

On a more positive note when Tommy is doing color I feel like I'm getting a master class in basketball. Away game tonight so we'll hear Scal. I find his game time analysis erratic - sometimes insightful and other times sort of odd.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 pm

Scal is getting better at color. He is still no Tommy, but getting better.

His analysis on the other hand - XM and other national outlets in particular is pretty bad.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:48 pm

You get to watch pre and post game reports don’t you Mrkleen? Don’t you find it a comedy hour with them both? I find it hard to take anything that comes out of their mouths as intelligent
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:28 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:You get to watch pre and post game reports don’t you Mrkleen? Don’t you find it a comedy hour with them both? I find it hard to take anything that comes out of their mouths as intelligent

I think his interactions with Kyle Draper are very unprofessional and immature....totally agree.

But in game - I think he is improving. He is developing a chemistry with Mike Gorman. He will never be Tommy, but given some of the other color guys around the league that I have heard - he isnt nearly as bad as people out here make him out to be.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:50 am

Authentic caller interaction from yesterday morning on SiriusXM.

Caller: “Scal, last night the Celtics looked good beating the Cavs with no Kyrie. It seems to me that when Kyrie isn’t playing the ball moves a lot better. The team looks a lot better. Why is that?”

Scal: “I don’t know. I really don’t know”.

Question Evil or Very Mad
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:57 am

Ktronic1 wrote:Authentic caller interaction from yesterday morning on SiriusXM.

Caller: “Scal, last night the Celtics looked good beating the Cavs with no Kyrie. It seems to me that when Kyrie isn’t playing the ball moves a lot better. The team looks a lot better. Why is that?”

Scal: “I don’t know. I really don’t know”.

Question Evil or Very Mad

This is your criticism? Rolling Eyes

So tell us Ktronic, since you clearly have more insight than Scal. Whats the answer?
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

Scal had an analytic take on Jaylen in the last game that was hugely insightful for me. On a certain play his man beat him to the right and was heading for a layup when Baynes slid over to help/seal the guy off; Jaylen stayed with his man leaving Baynes guy open for the pass/dunk. Scal said that Jaylen had to get in front of Baynes guy on that play and prevent the easy pass/dunk. Scal really dissected the play, in fact his intro was sort of an "excuse me I'm going to get technical but this is what happened." Net, net...the man knows the game and if I'm reading between the lines correctly, appears to know the situation with the Celts better than he lets on. My immediate takeaway was it was a pretty bad mistake by Jaylen. He was removed from the game soon thereafter.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:49 am

One of the things I strongly dislike about most color men (and play by play men to be honest) is the inability to call the game in front of them.

They spend the whole game talking about the old days or about some star like James Harden or Greek Freak and never call what is happening. Tommy is so smart and bleeds green so deeply, that he would rather talk about Brad Wannamaker or Brad Lohaus for that matter - than rumors and league trends or whatever.

When there is a bad call in front of us, or great play - I want to hear about THAT PLAY. If we are not playing the Thunder or the Lakers, I dont care who Paul George is dating or that you think Lebron is the greatest. Stick to the Celtics. Tommy is great at this, Scal is getting better.

But if you listen to the national guys, Hubie Brown, JVG, Mark Jackson, even that disaster called Players Only - god almighty, all they do is blab blab blab.

Scal isnt great, but he is getting better every night imo.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down