+3
Sam
beat
MustangGator
7 posters

Go down

Thank you Sam, Mrs. Sam, and Matty Empty Thank you Sam, Mrs. Sam, and Matty

Post by MustangGator Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:13 pm

I wanted to take the time to send out a personal thank you to Sam, Mrs Sam, and Matty for making my son (Donald) a very happy young man. Sam, Mrs Sam, and Matty went in and bought my son a Celtics Jersey. It arrived yesterday. Number 4 with Robinson on the back. That is the one that my son has been hounding me for ever since the trade. Ironically, he never said a word when Nate was with the Knicks. Yes it is true. This Lakers’ Fan now has a Celtics Jersey under his roof.

A little background on my son. Donald is 25 years old. However, he was born with disabilities and has been in special needs programs his entire life. He has always loved sports. Although he has deficiencies with his learning abilities in everyday life, he always has amazed me with how much he knows about sports. Players names, numbers, what team they use to be on, etc. For the life of me, Donald has become a fan of the Celtics this year. I don’t get it, but his choice. The first time I heard about the Nate Robinson trade to the C’s was my son running into the room to tell me about it. You see, Donald’s favorite college team is the Washington Huskies. Of course Nate came from the University of Washington. Among Donald’s learning disabilities, he was also born with moderate speech delay. Some words he says clear and others not so clear. He cannot say the word Celtics. So he improvised and started calling them the pinches. He made that connection from St Patrick’s Day. You know that if you don’t wear green, you will get pinched. The Celtics team color is green. So he is always yelling at the house “GO PINCHES.”

Anyway, this is probably the only way Donald would have gotten a Celtics Jersey. Thanks a million to Sam, Mrs Sam, and Matty.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Thank you Sam, Mrs. Sam, and Matty Empty Re: Thank you Sam, Mrs. Sam, and Matty

Post by beat Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:38 pm

MG

Great story, I'd love to have seen his face when he opened the package.

Take care and give Donald my best, by the way my son came home with a Robinson #4 tee shirt the other day, (color teal).............but the front side said Knicks. (it was on sale for 3 bucks was his response to my puzzelled look!

Guess they could hardly give um away.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Mustang,

Now you have something to burn if Nate goes off for 11 and beats the Lakers tonight. Seriously, we hope Donald will enjoy the jersey for a long time. Thanks for the nice note.

Sam and Mrs. Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:31 am

I dont know which makes me happier, being a part of the Donald getting the jersey or.. knowing a laker fan now has to deal with a Celtics jersey under his roof..

very much welcome 'Tang!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:07 am

epic...well done guys.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Nothing is more important to a parent than the happiness of their children.

You poor bastard MG. LOL.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:13 pm

MG,

Let us know if you need any Celtics paraphinalia (spelled wrong?). I'm sure we would all be able to chip in and send some stuff for your son.

GO PINCHES!

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down