which big is better from Gonzaga?

4 posters

Go down

which big is better from Gonzaga? Empty which big is better from Gonzaga?

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Clarke or Hachimura?

one of them should be there at the kings pick I think

does either one project as an NBA starter?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

which big is better from Gonzaga? Empty Re: which big is better from Gonzaga?

Post by NYCelt Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:16 pm

kdp59 wrote:Clarke or Hachimura?

one of them should be there at the kings pick I think

does either one project as an NBA starter?

I believe Rui Hachimura will be an NBA player, but I don't know about starter. He may also go too high for Boston to land, depending in part on his continued success in the tourney. That may be OK if you think we need bigs. I think Hachimura is more of a SF type in the NBA given height and wingspan. He's a SF/PF at Gonzaga. Clarke may be a little too short and a little to light for what Boston needs.

You can catch Rui in the tourney's Elite 8. That would be the tourney in which Hachimura still has a chance to win, but my brackets and I have no shot.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:23 am

thanks for the reply

the tourney is really the only time I watch college players myself.

Clarke has really shot up pre-draft mocks recently and I was wondering about his skill level (as far as being an NBA player). 6-8 and 215 lbs does not make for a great NBA big man typically.

Hachimura has been a top 10 name on the same mocks for a long time. I've seen him compared to NBA players like Wilson Chandler and Paul Milsap. one website says he has a 7-2 wingspan as well.

I think you and I are thinking alike in that IF Danny keeps the picks he needs to find the best big man he can....maybe even more than one.

big man for me means 6-10 or OVER in legit height. maybe a flaw in my thinking, but I am tired of seeing the Celtics being under sized physically in many games.

with that said I come up

Bol
Hayes
Fernando
Gafford (seems to be dropping)
Bassey
Reid

as likely first rounders today who fit that bill

what are your thoughts on any or all of the above?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:42 am

I would be thrilled if we get Bol Bol, has an outside shot and a legit shot blocking 7 footer.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:17 am

kdp,

We seem to be looking at this in the same way.

I've been thinking Gafford or Bassey. Bol's injury concerns me. Foot problems have derailed the career of so many big men. Before getting hurt, he was being projected as a top 3 - 5 pick. Now, I think he represents a Sullinger type gamble. To me, that's too big a risk for a team late in the rebuild cycle. My son keeps telling me Fernando is the guy, but I think he may also be gone too soon. Watching Fernando, I see Robert Williams, version 2. We already have the same player, and for whatever reasons, including recent injury, he can't get on the floor.

I go back to Gafford and Bassey. Both can defend, rebound, and enforce the interior on D. Both can add some low post scoring.

I still like the idea of taking a big, combining them with Williams, and having them fight it out for the center spot. That, to me, is the missing link in this team pursuing a title. Horford and Baynes are great, especially paired together in the starting lineup. The problem with those two is age and injury. Time for some young blood with an old school banger mentality. I think that, combined with the current young core, with or without Irving, equals banner 18.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:51 am

Just saw some clips of Bruno, he runs the floor well, has strength and explosion. Looks a lot stronger than RW, who looks like a twig and is constantly battling injuries without spending time on the floor. Finishes the way a big man should, not afraid of contact. I like him, hope he is there on our turn....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:45 pm

thanks guys

I'm sure after the season is over we will have many more discussions and thoughts about these and other players , either for the Celtics of the Pelicans

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 pm

regardless of which big Boston gets, they need a big man coach to help them develop and they need a more prominent post offense to capitalize on that talent.

I would not touch bol Bol. Foot injury to bigs is a big red flag. I like the kid from Arkansas.

If Boston keeps all 3 picks they could draft a 1, 4 and a 5.

I do not think that will happen. I think Danny will make every effort to trade for AD and those picks (at least 2 this year) will be moved.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum