bobc33
mrkleen09
kdp59
dbrown4
Matty
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What type of Celtics fan are you? Empty What type of Celtics fan are you?

Post by Matty Thu May 02, 2019 9:58 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.celticsblog.com/platform/amp/2019/5/2/18526169/the-seven-boston-celtics-fans-youll-meet-on-the-internet

I'm a Tommy's army guy myself.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

What type of Celtics fan are you? Empty Re: What type of Celtics fan are you?

Post by dbrown4 Thu May 02, 2019 10:50 am

Good article find, Matty. I'm going to have to go with the Constant Over Reactor for myself and I have confessed as such numerous times! But I hope I have shown signs at times of the Reasonablist! (I'd put NYCelt in this category full time)

I'm going to go ahead and steal Rosalie's thunder and and peg her for the Eternal Optimist!! BobH I'm going to make him a combo of many of these, with none being over powering or dominant...Statistician, Tommy H Army, Let Be Reasonablists and Eternal Optimist to start.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 02, 2019 3:07 pm

The Committed Pessimists

afraid I am a pessimist by nature....my brain works better thinking the worst and being pleasantly surprised, than thinking the best and being bitterly disappointed.

so there's that

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 am

The Tommy Heinsohn Army
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 06, 2019 11:11 am

kdp,

I always jokingly tell my current sales manager(s) to expect zero production and he (nor anyone above him/her) will never be disappointed and infinitely overjoyed with my results...they don't get it!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon May 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Disgruntled!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 06, 2019 11:41 pm

I would say I am a Tommy’s Army follower. I am always looking for ways to find the best in the Celtics. This has been a tough year to do it though. I am still saying, IF ONLY, they would come out Wednesday and play the way we know they can, we could do it one game at a time.

But, this is one talented Milwaukee team that is playing together in all phases of the game. Giannis is a beast, so talented that I am jealous that they have him and we don’t.

I cannot be nasty, I am confused as to why certain talented guys are just not showing up in this series and others are struggling so much. Kyrie seems to have taken quite a bit of blame and that is not fair, this is a team, and they all share in this.

My biggest problem is, now I begin to worry about the summer, and what will become of this team we all thought was going to be world beaters back in September. But, that is me, the worrier. Certain players have found a place in my heart and I hope they will be here in the fall. Free agents though, I worry will walk away and leave Danny holding the bag.

Oh well, I will wait for Wednesday, be here, radio on, television on, voice off, yelling at the tv until it is over.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 06, 2019 11:41 pm

I am the Constant Over Reactor.
It's good to see you posting again Matty. I've really missed Cheryl Tiegs.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue May 07, 2019 12:27 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I would say I am a Tommy’s Army follower. I am always looking for ways to find the best in the Celtics. This has been a tough year to do it though. I am still saying, IF ONLY, they would come out Wednesday and play the way we know they can, we could do it one game at a time.  

But, this is one talented Milwaukee team that is playing together in all phases of the game. Giannis is a beast, so talented that I am jealous that they have him and we don’t.

I cannot be nasty, I am confused as to why certain talented guys are just not showing up in this series and others are struggling so much. Kyrie seems to have taken quite a bit of blame and that is not fair,  this is a team, and they all share in this.

My biggest problem is, now I begin to worry about the summer, and what will become of this team we all thought was going to be world beaters back in September. But, that is me, the worrier. Certain players have found a place in my heart and I hope they will be here in the fall. Free agents though, I worry will walk away and leave Danny holding the bag.

Oh well, I will wait for Wednesday, be here, radio on, television on, voice off, yelling at the tv until it is over.
Free agents? I don’t think we have the cap space to sign any of the big free agents, unless we do not resign Kyrie and I’m open to that....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 07, 2019 10:02 am

Can we swoop up AD and Kawhi (or KD for that matter) sans Kyrie?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue May 07, 2019 10:32 am

And I thought I was an optimist dbrown4!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue May 07, 2019 11:59 am

A brutally honest one

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue May 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Celts without Kyrie gives us a chance to sign a couple of players. Maybe we could even afford to have a 15 man roster headed into the playoffs next year!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue May 07, 2019 1:46 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Can we swoop up AD and Kawhi (or KD for that matter) sans Kyrie?  

db

no

no cap room for any Free agents besides the MLE (around $5-6M I think)

all spelled out right here

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/2019/
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue May 07, 2019 1:48 pm

worcester wrote:Celts without Kyrie gives us a chance to sign a couple of players. Maybe we could even afford to have a 15 man roster headed into the playoffs next year!

as long as we have their bird rights (Morris, Rozier), otherwise we will be very limited in any Free agent signings.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Thanks kdp!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Tue May 07, 2019 4:15 pm

If we don't sign Kyrie we can't get a free agent? How the hell does teams like the Lakers have room to sign 3 huge contracts. I guess since we have Horford and Hayward, that restricts us. Al will be going downhill from here on out. It started to show this year. I hope we can resign him at a discount. We may have to depend on our young players. I think we will be happy in the long run.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue May 07, 2019 4:51 pm

How did we get onto free agents in a thread asking what kind of fan you are?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue May 07, 2019 4:54 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Good article find, Matty.  I'm going to have to go with the Constant Over Reactor for myself and I have confessed as such numerous times!  But I hope I have shown signs at times of the Reasonablist! (I'd put NYCelt in this category full time)

I'm going to go ahead and steal Rosalie's thunder and and peg her for the Eternal Optimist!!  BobH I'm going to make him a combo of many of these, with none being over powering or dominant...Statistician, Tommy H Army,  Let Be Reasonablists and Eternal Optimist to start.

db

dbrown,

My wife wouldn't put me in any category that has the term "reasonable" in it!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue May 07, 2019 4:58 pm

NYCelt wrote:How did we get onto free agents in a thread asking what kind of fan you are?

Exactly...in next week's show we will discuss how to grill chicken. Fans are as committed to keeping to the point as the Celtics are to defending at the point.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 pm

people keep talking about if riving leaves we can just use that $20 M to sign durant or someone else.

or they say let Morris and Rozier walk and sign someone better.

I guess I'm just a realist and insist on correcting false narratives when I see them. So thats why I answered some FA questions, with links showing the reality of next years cap situation.

as for how come other teams have money and we don't...well we DID have money to sign two max free agents and Danny DID....he signed Horford and then Hayward. When you sign Max players one should make sure they are just that. He tried to Get Durant also, don't forget...oh to have Durant instead of Hayward right now!!

and I think as for the question that started this thread...I think we're all pretty much "disappointed" Celtics fans right now.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed May 08, 2019 10:25 am

kdp,

No biggie. My apologies if I came across as being a pain with that question. We go farther off topic than that over other things too.

I got your point, and was just expressing that it had become a FA discussion. I was just picking at minor stuff, really.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed May 08, 2019 11:51 am

NYCelt wrote:kdp,

No biggie. My apologies if I came across as being a pain with that question. We go farther off topic than that over other things too.

I got your point, and was just expressing that it had become a FA discussion. I was just picking at minor stuff, really.

Regards

no issues here.

looks like we're gonna have many discussions and soon about what we all see as the best moves this off-season and there are always options for Danny.

I do think I'll be sending that cap link a lot, since it helps explains the reality of where we are.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 08, 2019 12:35 pm

Sam never put any controls in place for the direction of any thread once started! Regarding the initial title of any thread, I kid my 16 years daughter that the 55 mph speed limit signs are merely suggestions. She doesn't find that amusing!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed May 08, 2019 1:15 pm

F R U S T R A T E D

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next