ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #5 Mil Bucks - Away- Boston - 91 - Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 116 Final

+10
dbrown4
dboss
kdp59
cowens/oldschool
bobc33
Berlin-T
worcester
steve3344
NYCelt
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #5  Mil Bucks - Away- Boston - 91 - Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 116 Final - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #5 Mil Bucks - Away- Boston - 91 - Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 116 Final

Post by mrkleen09 Thu May 09, 2019 11:05 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:When his hero iso ball doesn’t work, he has no counters, at least I didn’t see any in last 4 games where he just did what he wanted with the ball on a whim, driving into triple coverage, throw the ball away, how many times did he get his shot blocked with a few defenders on him. Basketball 101, if your double or triple covered someone else is open you dumb arrogant flip!!!!!!

100% . he was simply playing for a new contract, not for his teammates. Giannis on the other hand, when faced with double teams - moved the ball and gave the glory to his teammates.

Having said all that, I think Kyrie is an amazing talent and even with this series - if he was a good teammate and a nice guy, I would say sign him. But he has proven to be a flake and selfish, which is the last thing you need around young players like Brown and Tatum.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #5  Mil Bucks - Away- Boston - 91 - Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 116 Final - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND #2 PLAYOFF > POST GAME #5 Mil Bucks - Away- Boston - 91 - Mil Bucks - Home - Mil - 116 Final

Post by KyleCleric Thu May 09, 2019 11:08 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Kleen do you want Kyrie wearing Celtic green moving forward or not?

I was on the fence earlier in the season, but over time I see he is toxic and am frankly over it Cow.  Too much hero ball, too much drama.  Not worth a max deal.
+1 we are in agreement, I’m happy with Smart starting next year and bringing in a vet or drafting a younger point and developing him....

Yup. Let Kyrie, Rozier, and Wanamaker go. Start Smart. Draft a ball handler in 1st round. Sign a vet (perhaps bring back IT) .

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 09, 2019 11:16 am

since most of Celtic nation here and elsewhere seems to think Irving should be gone...I predict Danny will double down.

he'll sign Irving to a max deal, trade for Davis and keep trying to repeat 2008.

if he does, I hope it works.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu May 09, 2019 11:23 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Only by the unreasonably high bar set by pundits could anyone consider this Celtics season a failure.  They have an incredible talented young core, a great coach and unlimited room for growth

They finished as one of the 8 best teams in the nba and unlike many other teams that also won’t win the title, did it while retaining all their assets and rising stars.

The future is bright and no loss to a really good Milwaukee team can undo that.  Onwards and upwards. Go Sox

I do agree. The Cs, even playing well, would have difficulty with the Bucks (or Raptors) so losing here isn’t necessarily qualifying for a lost season. Revealing who Kyrie is as a player, is a kind of success. Also, both Brown and Smart seemed to have real jumps in their development this season. Williams flashed at times. Tatum was able to make some adjustments to adversity. Gordon has continued his rehab and will be a year healthier. I do see a clearer path for this team going forward.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu May 09, 2019 11:27 am

kdp59 wrote:since most of Celtic nation here and elsewhere seems to think Irving should be gone...I predict Danny will double down.

he'll sign Irving to a max deal, trade for Davis and keep trying to repeat 2008.

if he does, I hope it works.

If that’s Danny’s course, I hope that it works and that I’m wrong about Kyrie.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu May 09, 2019 11:45 am

I do not see any way that Kyrie re-signs with Boston.
He did not support his team and was a no show at home for game 7 of the ECF last season.
This year, Kyrie's time with Boston was generally a bust.
He won a number of games for Boston because he is so talented, but I think he gave up on this team.
I would not be surprised if Kyrie publicly says he will not be re-signing with Boston.
AD does not seem interested in re-signing with Boston, based on what his agent told teams.
If Kyrie does not come back, the AD dream will also be over.

Will one team offer Rozier a Marcus Smart type of contract?
If so, would Boston match that contract offer?

In 5 days is the draft lottery.
That will be a big day for about 1/2 of the teams in the league, including Boston who will be hoping to get lucky and move up with Sacramento's pick.
Then will be the draft and then free agency.
So much will happen in the next 7 weeks.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu May 09, 2019 8:46 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Kleen do you want Kyrie wearing Celtic green moving forward or not?

I was on the fence earlier in the season, but over time I see he is toxic and am frankly over it Cow.  Too much hero ball, too much drama.  Not worth a max deal.

MrKleen,

I knew you would come around to my thinking!

LOL Best to Erin & Owen and wish her a Happy Mothers Day!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri May 10, 2019 10:02 am

112288 wrote:

MrKleen,

I knew you would come around to my thinking!

LOL  Best to Erin & Owen and wish her a Happy Mothers Day!

Thanks Buddy. Talk soon and send same wishes to Karen please.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2