Kendrick Perkins says Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant 'wouldn't mind playing in Boston'

5 posters

Go down

Kendrick Perkins says Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant 'wouldn't mind playing in Boston' Empty Kendrick Perkins says Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant 'wouldn't mind playing in Boston'

Post by bobheckler Tue May 14, 2019 9:59 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/kendrick-perkins-says-anthony-davis-kevin-durant-wouldnt-mind-playing-boston?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

Kendrick Perkins says Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant 'wouldn't mind playing in Boston'

By Jacob Camenker May 13, 2019 9:07 PM

Former Boston Celtics center Kendrick Perkins had been outspoken about the team's poor performance this postseason before their elimination against the Milwaukee Bucks. Since then, Perkins has continued to be critical of Celtics star Kyrie Irving and doesn't seem to think that the Celtics should bring him back.

On a recent podcast with Adam Kaufman, Perkins implied that they may be better off without Irving and that they could replace him with another star.

At the end of the day, they finished, what? Fifth in the East? Fourth. Yeah, they finished fourth in the East. I would take this same team right now, without Kyrie, and I guarantee you they'll still finish fourth in the East. It just is what it is. It's not like Kyrie delivered something spetacular throughout the playoffs. At the end of the day, I know a lot of people that would love to go and play in the city of Boston.

And when asked about the players that might be interested in joining the team, Perkins pointed out a couple of big stars, Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant.

I'm pretty sure AD wouldn't mind playing in Boston. KD wouldn't mind playing in Boston. There's guys that's out there that you could go get that'll go play, especially with that Boston team they already have.

It is worth noting that Perkins has played with both Durant and Davis during his career, so he could have discussed playing in Boston with either player at some point.

While both players may not mind playing in Boston, it seems that the Celtics only have a realistic chance at landing Davis. Durant will command a max contract and even if Irving leaves in free agency, the Celtics won't have the cap space needed to sign him.

Davis may be attainable, but he will cost the team a pretty penny. He is still under contract for one more year with the New Orleans Pelicans, and they figure to sell him to the highest bidder. As a result, the C's may have to part with some of their young assets (Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown), some of their bevy of draft picks, and salary filler. So, getting him won't be easy, especially if other legitimate competition emerges.

Perkins' comments do seem encouraging, but even if there are star players that want to play in Boston, it is going to take a lot for the Celtics to make that happen.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Perkins says Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant 'wouldn't mind playing in Boston' Empty Re: Kendrick Perkins says Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant 'wouldn't mind playing in Boston'

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 14, 2019 11:13 am

Hey, I wouldn't mind playing for the Celtics! Who wouldn't?!! Not too sure they'd be happy with their return on investment and my age, but whattheheck!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Perkins says Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant 'wouldn't mind playing in Boston' Empty Re: Kendrick Perkins says Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant 'wouldn't mind playing in Boston'

Post by kdp59 Tue May 14, 2019 4:54 pm

go get em BOTH Danny!!!

I don't know how, but just do it!!

I could live with that off-season and I don;t care who gets sent packing.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue May 14, 2019 6:32 pm

I guess if you wanted to get down to the bottom line, you absolutely could get both.

The problem is, to make the money work, your new starters at power forward and both guards would be coming in from the G-League.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue May 14, 2019 6:45 pm

NYCelt wrote:I guess if you wanted to get down to the bottom line, you absolutely could get both.

The problem is, to make the money work, your new starters at power forward and both guards would be coming in from the G-League.

NYCelt

Pleasant way to put that rumor to sleep - and to think that we have another 70 days to go with this constant barage of wild speculation.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down