has the demise of the GS dynasty been written too soon?

2 posters

Go down

has the demise of the GS dynasty been written too soon? Empty has the demise of the GS dynasty been written too soon?

Post by kdp59 Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:50 am

while watching the game last night and seeing how this team plays without Durant over the past few, I think they will still be a title contender IF KD leaves.

They won with Curry, Thompson and Green before and Only Curry will be 30 or older next season, there is no sign of slow down from either of those three (maybe some wear down after all these years of playing in the finals).

so lets say KD opts out and leaves and Livingston retires(as expected).

the team can keep going at their elite level by resigning Thompson (should be easy) and Cousins (might not be so easy,as he will have to take a discount again).

they would be left with a starting group of

Cousins
D. Green
Iguodala - in his final year
Thompson
Curry

returning bench should be

K. Looney
SETH Curry- Free agent MLE
Q. Cook
J. Jerebko
A. McKinnie

deep bench/young guys

J. Bell
D. Jones
J. Evans
T. Hortom-Tucker- #28 pick

I think that team still beats everyone in the west again to be honest. Houston is in decline now with no cap space, Portland can't beat this team and I 'd take this team over the young Denver team in a 7 game series as well.

about the only team in the west that I think could dethrone this group, would be a Lakers team that had a big 3 of LeBron, AD and Irving.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

has the demise of the GS dynasty been written too soon? Empty Re: has the demise of the GS dynasty been written too soon?

Post by dboss Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:03 pm

I have to disagree here.

The Warriors scratched out a real tough win last night but you can see that they are struggling on offense. Without KD they are still a very competitive team but I do not think they would be a championship level team. They will still be a playoff team I think.

What they have accomplished so far is very impressive. Five straight trips to the finals. But you are beginning to see how great teams can be diminished because key players get injured.

I do not believe they can beat the Raptors unless KD comes back.

The Warriors want to keep the band together and they should do everything that they can to make that happen. Losing KD to free agency would be a huge loss.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down