Do the Nets know something we don't about Kyrie Irving's future?

+5
NYCelt
kdp59
gyso
KyleCleric
9 posters

Go down

Do the Nets know something we don't about Kyrie Irving's future? Empty Do the Nets know something we don't about Kyrie Irving's future?

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:14 am

Do the Nets know something we don't about Kyrie Irving's future?

CSNNE By Chris Forsberg June 06, 2019 5:43 PM

The Brooklyn Nets cleared their path to chasing two maximum-salary players this summer when they reportedly agreed to a deal Thursday that will send Allen Crabbe and his $18.5 million salary to the Atlanta Hawks.

That the Nets were willing to move their own 2019 first-round pick to make the deal happen suggests a team that’s brashly confident in their ability to maximize those two slots. Remember, this would have been the first time Brooklyn had control of its actual first-round pick since 2013.

In breaking the news of the trade, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that, “Boston guard Kyrie Irving -- who is expected to become a free agent -- and Brooklyn have a strong mutual interest.”

Listen, if you subscribe to the whole “where there’s smoke, there’s fire” theory, then this hasn’t been a great week for those Celtics fans who want Irving back in green (even if, at times, it feels like that’s a low number, anyhow).

First, Stephen A. Smith suggested that Kyrie Irving has given “every indication” to the Nets that he wanted to sign there. Then Irving posted a video on Instagram of him hugging a New Jersey crossing guard from his childhood (the Nets were previously in Jersey). Then Irving got photographed walking into an apartment in New York, all while Danny Ainge sounded less than confident about where Irving and Boston’s so-called “engagement” stands.

The Nets came flying in from the top rope with a move Thursday that might have been their way of signaling to Irving, "Hey, look! You can come here and bring a friend!" (Cough, cough, Kevin Durant). The only people taking this news harder than the faction of Celtics fans that want Irving back is all the Knicks fans who thought the duo was ticketed for Madison Square Garden.

So the lingering question is whether the Nets know something more about Irving’s intentions or if they’re simply rolling the dice and positioning themselves for what should be an absolutely wild July.

The Knicks and Nets both have room for two max-contract free agents. The Clippers could soon join them. The Lakers have a max slot and might have the assets necessary to finally coerce the Pelicans into an Anthony Davis deal.

Blakely: Last year's lessons will help Ainge re-tool roster

The Celtics are left hoping that Irving can at least give them some direction sooner than later. Boston has the assets to position itself in the Davis pursuit but might not be willing to navigate that path if Irving isn’t coming back, in part because if Davis bolted in the summer of 2020, the Celtics would be left with a bare roster and none of the future assets — like all those Nets picks — that helped it expedite the last turnover process.

Ainge noted in a meeting with reporters on Wednesday that typically the Celtics have Plans A through G ready for the summer. This year, Ainge noted it’s more like A through Z. And that’s probably a good strategy considering how wild things could get.

Is Irving simply putting pressure on Boston to make the sort of moves that would encourage his return with Brooklyn flirtations? Ainge said Wednesday that he didn’t know if there were any moves he could make that would heighten Irving’s desire to return.

"I don’t know the answer to that,” said Ainge. "I don’t know that yet.”

Prototypical Celtics: More wings that intrigue C's

Are the Nets simply posturing themselves as confident about their chances at Irving in hopes the hype makes it a reality? Brooklyn GM Sean Marks has done a remarkable job steering the Nets back to being competitive despite being devoid of quality picks and, regardless of the Irving pursuit, the team is extremely well-positioned to emerge as a true player in the East.

Plucking Irving from Boston, of course, would be the ultimate NetsPick revenge.

For now, there is only one certainty: That there's still 14 days until draft night, and 10 more days after that until free agency truly begins.

Buckle up. This ride might be as bumpy as the Celtics’ 2018-19 season.

Back to top Go down

Do the Nets know something we don't about Kyrie Irving's future? Empty Re: Do the Nets know something we don't about Kyrie Irving's future?

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:20 am

AFTER READING THIS ARTICLE ABOUT SOME OF IRVING'S ANTICS ..............THE GUY IS A REAL JOKE...........JUVENILE!

HE IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL WHO SHOULD CLEAR THE AIR WITH THE CELTICS ............A TEAM THAT DID EVERYTHING TO MAKE HIM FEEL WANTED IN BOSTON.

CLEARLY THIS GUY IS BAD NEWS AND A CANCER TO ANY TEAM HE JOINS........MARK MY WORDS!

Back to top Go down

Do the Nets know something we don't about Kyrie Irving's future? Empty Re: Do the Nets know something we don't about Kyrie Irving's future?

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:34 am

He’s been a disappointment

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:10 am

Clearing out CAP space is not the same as getting a player to sign.

I would be shocked if Durant left GSW.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:38 am

I wonder if there may be some kind of mental issue in play here.  I am no expert, but Kyrie does march to the beat of a different drummer and comes off as a sort of "pseudo-intellectual" at times.  

Some reports suggest that Kyrie is a brooding type.  There have also been reports by team members that, "You never know which Kyrie you're gonna get when he walks through the door" or words to that effect.  His very presence in the locker room may cause the stress level in that room to increase.

So I am suggesting that there may be some underlying issue here that is not as simple as "he is a just bad person".  This is a guy that has been served up one silver platter after another and each time, the platter has lost its luster.

He was the best player on a bad team when the prodigal son came home and lead the team to the promised land.  Being on top wasn't enough for him, especially when the whole "kid brother" thing got magnified in the press.  He wanted to lead his own team.

So it was given to him.  He was given the reins of an up and coming team that had shown a steady path towards contention.  Along with some promising youth, the Celtics had recently added two of the top free agents on the market for two years in a row.  What's not to like?  Once again, Kyrie has allowed his bright shiny object to become tarnished.  That just ain't normal.

Maybe he won't be happy anywhere he goes.  To me, that is just sad.  If he does leave, I wish him well.  I just hope that he eventually finds his happy place and comes to terms with his demons.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:53 am

Sean marks has positioned himself very well right now.

mark it down he WILL let Russell walk if he can get Irving and another max free agent signed this off-season.

Everything being said sounds like Irving to the nets is a done deal, Danny should ask him and if he doesn't get a promise to sign here, act accordingly.

everyone is talking about Durant joining Irving there, but they could make a trade for Davis instead. though not having a first this year would likely put them way down on the list . But a resigned D. Russell, T. Prince and Jarrett Allen along with a future first or two might be worth NO considering.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:00 pm

I've reached the point in the Irving carnival where my only reaction is... whatever.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Yawn....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:22 pm

If I recall Boston cleared out some CAP space for Durant and he choose GSW. It was a good decision on his part and he won 2 titles.

I think he wants to win some more titles and the best way for that to happen is to stay put with GSW. I really do not see him going to any team. GS may very well lose in the finals but they can come back next year. Would Durant jump ship to win somewhere else? A big unknown? I really do not think so.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:00 pm

I have said since the second half of the season that this guy has a bipolar personality. Remember the rumors in Cleveland that the players on the team said Kyrie didn't talk to anyone on the bench for at least two weeks or more before their season ended? Sound familiar? One minute he is up, the next ten he is down.This has become a circus that he is enjoying. I don't care where he ends up now, it is grating on me. Let's move on. I bet Danny and Wyc feel the same way. Today's rumor had him out clubbing with alot of the members of the Nets team. Reel
them in Kyrie, then you and D'Angelo can go at it.

DONE, DONE, DONE
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:50 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I have said since the second half of the season that this guy has a bipolar personality. Remember the rumors in Cleveland that the players on the team said Kyrie didn't talk to anyone on the bench for at least two weeks or more before their season ended?  Sound familiar? One minute he is up, the next ten he is down.This has become a circus that he is enjoying. I don't care where he ends up now, it is grating on me.  Let's move on. I bet Danny and Wyc feel the same way. Today's rumor had him out clubbing with alot of the members of the Nets team. Reel
them in Kyrie, then you and D'Angelo can go at it.

DONE, DONE, DONE

Rosalie

It does tend to wear on you as mountains of innuendoes, rumors, truths, lies storytelling and everything in between races across the media like a plague.

One incident builds on another and before you know it takes on a life of its' own.

Kyrie has taken a page out of the Lebron James handbook on how to beguile your way along a path while already knowing where your final destination will be.

The damage appears to be irreversible. Danny Ainge and the Celtics and their loyal fan base are not to be trifled with.

The good news is that this nonsense is coming to an end and once that has happened this team will transition like a chameleon and find a way to sustain itself.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm

112288 wrote:AFTER READING THIS ARTICLE ABOUT SOME OF IRVING'S ANTICS ..............THE GUY IS A REAL JOKE...........JUVENILE!

HE IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL WHO SHOULD CLEAR THE AIR WITH THE CELTICS ............A TEAM THAT DID EVERYTHING TO MAKE HIM FEEL WANTED IN BOSTON.

CLEARLY THIS GUY IS BAD NEWS AND A CANCER TO ANY TEAM HE JOINS........MARK MY WORDS!

YES!!! FORGET THIS NO LEADER SELFISH JERK. FORGET HIM! HE TAINT WORTH IT.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:00 am

gyso wrote:I wonder if there may be some kind of mental issue in play here.  I am no expert, but Kyrie does march to the beat of a different drummer and comes off as a sort of "pseudo-intellectual" at times.  

Some reports suggest that Kyrie is a brooding type.  There have also been reports by team members that, "You never know which Kyrie you're gonna get when he walks through the door" or words to that effect.  His very presence in the locker room may cause the stress level in that room to increase.

So I am suggesting that there may be some underlying issue here that is not as simple as "he is a just bad person".  This is a guy that has been served up one silver platter after another and each time, the platter has lost its luster.

He was the best player on a bad team when the prodigal son came home and lead the team to the promised land.  Being on top wasn't enough for him, especially when the whole "kid brother" thing got magnified in the press.  He wanted to lead his own team.

So it was given to him.  He was given the reins of an up and coming team that had shown a steady path towards contention.  Along with some promising youth, the Celtics had recently added two of the top free agents on the market for two years in a row.  What's not to like?  Once again, Kyrie has allowed his bright shiny object to become tarnished.  That just ain't normal.

Maybe he won't be happy anywhere he goes.  To me, that is just sad.  If he does leave, I wish him well.  I just hope that he eventually finds his happy place and comes to terms with his demons.

gyso
You’re right sir. He belongs in the looney bin.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that KD signed a 2 year deal with an opt out so that he could then sign a supermax deal (5 years)
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:36 pm

Right, in fact my son said to me that he thought that if Irving signed, he would do the 1 and 1, if he decided to stay. This was before all these shenanigans that have been going on. And, even Davis with the same thing.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down