Why Danny Ainge did not trade Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline ?

+3
worcester
gyso
international
7 posters

Go down

Why Danny Ainge did not trade Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline ? Empty Why Danny Ainge did not trade Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline ?

Post by international Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:18 pm

After I read what Jackie MacMullan said about Kirie Irving's relationship with Danny , Stevens, Rozier, and Jalen Brown according to MacMullan, by the time this past season ended, Irving had issues with the city of Boston itself, as well as head coach Brad Stevens, general manager Danny Ainge, and teammates Terry Rozier ,and Jalen Brown , I think there was no reason to have a player with that behaviour on a team like the Celtics.

international

Back to top Go down

Why Danny Ainge did not trade Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline ? Empty Re: Why Danny Ainge did not trade Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline ?

Post by gyso Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:34 pm

My guess as to why Danny didn't trade Kyrie at the deadline is:

The Celtics total aim all season was for success in the playoffs. The Celtics could only hope that the disfunction would straighten itself out by the time the games counted.

It didn't.

Back to top Go down

Why Danny Ainge did not trade Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline ? Empty Re: Why Danny Ainge did not trade Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline ?

Post by worcester Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:34 pm

We may not have a better record in the coming season but for sure the chemistry will be better with Kyrie gone. Fans will be behind our scappy team if they all play with their hearts on the line.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Worcester, don't you remember, Kyrie said "wait until the playoffs" I guess that is what DA did and it backfired. What a difference a couple of months make , Christmas day he was pumping his chest, showing the whole television world that he had a CELTIC jersey on. Now he can't wait to rip it up

I said in another post, so what happens if the Nets back out, and NY won't do anything without Durant?????Where does he go, he is at least third on the list for the Clippers, and LA won't be able to afford him. He will become the nomad superstar. He has so much talent.....I wish he had a personality to go with it
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:01 pm

Ros, I just hope he doesn't persuade Danny to resign him.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:43 pm

International, DA was hoping the team would jell miraculously: that Kyrie would be a team leader, that Hayward would be worth half his salary and Brad would regain control of the team.
None of it happened and not dealing Irving was a mistake. It was clear the team often played better without Irving, but parting with an all-star while pursuing a title would have opened DA to intense criticism (stress he does not need). Still, he should have done it because now the C's would be far better off, IMO. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Hawk

+1

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:08 pm

worcester wrote:Ros, I just hope he doesn't persuade Danny  to resign him.

I’ll second that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down