+3
wideclyde
dboss
worcester
7 posters

Go down

Al Horford to Philly Empty Al Horford to Philly

Post by worcester Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:36 pm

In the short run, I am not happy about this.
4 years, $111M. $99M guaranteed, $12M in championship bonuses. More than Danny offered Al for 4 years.

I hope Philly sucks next year.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Al Horford to Philly Empty Re: Al Horford to Philly

Post by dboss Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:09 am

I think this is a coup.

Al has never been paired with a legit center. This extends his career and also gives philly a true stretch 5 option and willing passer.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:10 pm

No one can complain about Horford signing such a great new contract with Philly. Basically, 25 M per year for the next four years plus bonus potential.

He played well in Boston, but not great. He has strengths and weaknesses as do all players, but he clearly needed a full time center to be on the floor with him to get his best production. He may have it in Philly.

I thought that he was overpaid at a max contract for three years in Boston and will be overpaid by the 'ers for the next four years, but, I guess, if he brings them a championship he may be worth the money.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:48 pm

Find it hard to believe he has 4 years left in those knees....but wish him well. Nice guy, good player, helped establish Boston as a legitimate FA destination.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 am

Boston Celtics Will Miss Al Horford Way More Than Kyrie Irving

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2844566-boston-celtics-will-miss-al-horford-way-more-than-kyrie-irving?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:20 am

tjmakz wrote:Boston Celtics Will Miss Al Horford Way More Than Kyrie Irving

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2844566-boston-celtics-will-miss-al-horford-way-more-than-kyrie-irving?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral
I for one will not miss him.

I had hoped he would have went out to LAL with all the other bandwagon jumpers
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:26 pm

I just wonder how long Al really has left in him. The Celtics treated him with kid gloves last year, he really has cranky knees. So the "load management" really started with him. Will he get that chance in Philly. Remember, Embid, as good as he is, is not the healthiest guy in the world. He takes alot of time off. Has not played a full year since coming into the league. That being said, Al will then be asked probably to play the 5. That was one of his biggest reasons for leaving Boston, of course besides $$$$$$$$$$$.

In the end, there is more to this decision than we may ever know. I am still shocked he left
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:36 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I just wonder how long Al really has left in him.  The Celtics treated him with kid gloves last year, he really has cranky knees. So the "load management" really started with him. Will he get that chance in Philly.  Remember, Embid, as good as he is, is not the healthiest guy in the world. He takes alot of time off. Has not played a full year since coming into the league. That being said, Al will then be asked probably to play the 5. That was one of his biggest reasons for leaving Boston, of course besides $$$$$$$$$$$.  

In the end, there is more to this decision than we may ever know. I am still shocked he left
Both those guys are fragile, there will be times both these bigs will need to rest their legs....lol

Al helped us, but he wanted the money, he got it, glad we didn’t give him that contract.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down