Ktronic1
dboss
bobheckler
gyso
KyleCleric
kdp59
11 posters

Go down

Brad Wanamaker reportedly returning to Celtics Empty Brad Wanamaker reportedly returning to Celtics

Post by 112288 Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Brad Wanamaker reportedly returning to Celtics

WEEI Nick Friar
July 02, 2019 - 6:22 pm
time for the Celtics to make qualifying offers to their potential restricted free agents, Brad Wanamaker was among those who did not receive one. That made him an unrestricted free agent, so he could negotiate with any team.
But it turns out Wanamaker is sticking around. According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, he has agreed to a one-year deal to return to the C’s.

Back to top Go down

Brad Wanamaker reportedly returning to Celtics Empty Re: Brad Wanamaker reportedly returning to Celtics

Post by kdp59 Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:50 am

so does that give us 14 or 15 players now?

I count 15 if the Taco man makes the team?

looks like we are under the Luxury tax as well ?

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/2019/

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Brad Wanamaker reportedly returning to Celtics Empty Re: Brad Wanamaker reportedly returning to Celtics

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:58 am

kdp59 wrote:so does that give us 14 or 15 players now?

I count 15 if the Taco man makes the team?

looks like we are under the Luxury  tax as well ?

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/2019/

Ballhandler: Walker, Smart, Edwards, Wanamaker, Waters (likely 2-way)
Wing: Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Ojeleye, Langford, Williams, Strus (2-way)
Big: Kanter, Poirier, Williams, Yabusele, Theis

Fall (exhibit 10)

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:04 am

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/

Here's 13. (with Tacko)

Brad Wanamaker reportedly returning to Celtics 2019-112

Then add our first round picks: R. Langford and G. Williams.

That's 15.  (with Tacko)

This doesn't count our two second round picks, Edwards and Waters.  Or Max Strus, who got signed to one of the two-way contracts.

Caution: Work in Progress

Last edited by gyso on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:05 am

I consider this to be great news.  I thought Brad Wanamaker came in last year off the bench and did a very good veteran job.

I believe we are at 14 now,without Tacko, but I see Carson Edwards making the team.  He's a microwave scorer and we need someone besides Kemba in the backcourt who can get us buckets when the team is in a drought.

Ball Handlers:  Kemba, Smart, Wanamaker, Romeo, Edwards (my assumption), Waters (2-way)

Wings:  Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Strus (2-way)

Swings:  Semi, Grant Williams

Bigs:  Kanter, Poirier, Theis, Robert Williams, Yabusele.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:11 am

He was effective last year in limited minutes. With Rozier leaving, he has a good opportunity to build on that.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:39 pm

Logical move to bring Wanamaker back.  I think our primary play makers in the order of preference will be

Walker, Smart, Hayward, Wanamaker and Edwards.  

The biggest question mark that I see for this team is at the 4.  The Celtics do not have a quality 4 that can play at both ends.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:15 am

I cannot understand why we are not keeping Morris. Somehow I doubt that he was one of those players that Danny talked about having a different agenda. I saw no indication of that. WTF am I missing here? Makes no sense to me.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:30 pm

dboss, I agree we're thin at the 4, but I think Theis can play at both ends if he's playing with a center on the floor. Forcing him to play much larger opponents at center last year was a mistake, to an extent forced on Brad because R. Williams was raw, Horford was overwhelmed, and Baynes was under-skilled and often hurt. Last year, at about this time, I recall posting that I worried about a roster with no real center. Ainge addressed that with Poirier and Kantor as well as R. Williams. Hallelujah!
I'll go out on a limb and predict the 2019-2020 Celtics will go deeper into the playoffs than this year's crew.
IMO, from a team perspective, K. Walker is better than KI, we'll be far stronger at 5, Brown and Tatum will thrive, Smart will continue to improve, Hayward will be closer to what he was before the break, and instead of being an undersized center, Theis will be at least adequate as a starter at 4.
Go Celtics! Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:I cannot understand why we are not keeping Morris. Somehow I doubt that he was one of those players that Danny talked about having a different agenda. I saw no indication of that. WTF am I missing here? Makes no sense to me.
                                                             I'm guessing it is  strictly a money thing. I don't  believe he has  signed anywhere yet. I love the guy.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:35 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:I cannot understand why we are not keeping Morris. Somehow I doubt that he was one of those players that Danny talked about having a different agenda. I saw no indication of that. WTF am I missing here? Makes no sense to me.
                                                             I'm guessing it is  strictly a money thing. I don't  believe he has  signed anywhere yet. I love the guy.

I hope there is someway he stays. I know there are cheaper players on this team but I think Morris helps us tremendously. I love him too.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:14 pm

Last edited by wideclyde on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:14 pm

I also would like to see Morris return to Boston.  He has played well in Boston, and the team's largest apparent roster weakness happens to be at the position he plays.

On another note that relates to next year.  I cringe every time that I see a fellow poster or writer including Yabusele's name to the Cs roster.  Even though I have not seen any of the last two draft picks, but would rather see them on the roster than Mr. Yabusele. AND, if Yabusele is being kept as a "big", please spare me and just put Fall on the roster.  Fall may not be fully ready for NBA play, but he will contribute more than Yabusele from the bottom of the roster.  If nothing else, he is definitely not a tweener.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:44 pm

I wondered why Wanamaker didn't get more minutes with the way Terry Rozier played. To give Terry that kind of money for what he gave us was embarrassing. I guess that gives everyone in the NBA hope that they can get rich without doing much.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Morris is gone.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down