Austin Ainge raves about Vincent Poirier's size,athleticism , and rebounding.

+2
Shamrock1000
international
6 posters

Go down

Austin Ainge raves about Vincent Poirier's size,athleticism , and rebounding. Empty Austin Ainge raves about Vincent Poirier's size,athleticism , and rebounding.

Post by international Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:14 am

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2019/07/29/austin-ainge-opens-vincent-poirier-robert-williams-development-filling-center-spot-part-1/

international

Back to top Go down

Austin Ainge raves about Vincent Poirier's size,athleticism , and rebounding. Empty Re: Austin Ainge raves about Vincent Poirier's size,athleticism , and rebounding.

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 am

Thanks for the link International, but it looks like you need a subscription. Perhaps you could summarize the major findings (I don't want to actually encourage anyone to break copyright law by cutting and pasting an article....)

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Austin Ainge raves about Vincent Poirier's size,athleticism , and rebounding. Empty Re: Austin Ainge raves about Vincent Poirier's size,athleticism , and rebounding.

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 am

international wrote:https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2019/07/29/austin-ainge-opens-vincent-poirier-robert-williams-development-filling-center-spot-part-1/

international,

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, that is a paid subscription site and many board members don't have it. Could you cut-and-paste it for us? Thank you.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:30 pm

Bob I don't have the subscription either , but the main part of the article is there.Austin Ainge is very high on Poirier and he is saying what I've been telling you , Poirier is a much better player than the one who played summer league and he is still developing, because he started playing at 17 years old (was a soccer player) is not a finished product.Has a lot of potential and according to Ainge ,is a 7''1 with shoes.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:37 pm

I talked with a friend of mine,who is an ex player from Spain national team and currently an assistan coach, and he told me that Vincent can develop a 3 point shot and watching him shooting free throws, I agree that he has a good release.An intelligent player,a very good passer and great reading defenses and as a rebounder.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:13 pm

All we have here and elsewhere is a bunch of press clippings.

None of us can know how VP plays until he plays for us.

We will be able to determine if he can rebound, defend the pick an roll, the post and if he is  quick enough to defend out to the perimeter.  His offensive skill set will be revealing as well.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:34 pm

dboss, I got a simple question for you.
you say that none of us can know how VP plays until he plays for us and I remember you last year saying the same thing about Luka Doncic and I bet in the past you said the same about Rudy Gobert, Nikola Jokic and oters from Europe, but here is my question... How can you say Zion Williamson or Ja Morant are going to be good player I f they come from an inferior league than the Euroleague ?Should I say that none of us can know how Zion plays until he plays for New Orleans or there is a guaranty about players from America ?

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:46 pm

international wrote:dboss, I got a simple question for you.
you say that none of us can know how VP plays until he plays for us and I remember you last year saying the same thing about Luka Doncic and I bet  in the past you said the same about Rudy Gobert, Nikola Jokic and oters from Europe, but here is my question... How can you say Zion Williamson or Ja Morant are going to be good player I f they come from an inferior league than the Euroleague ?Should I say that none of us can know how Zion plays until he plays for New Orleans or there is a guaranty about players from America ?

international,

You bring up an interesting challenge. Are there games where NCAA teams play international teams? I would love to see how those go! I know that NBA teams play them, but NCAA?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:45 pm

Bob,anybody know that NCAA is a league of boys. In the Euroleague play the best teams of Europe and play the national teams best players from countries like Spain, France, Italy, , Croatia, Slovenia ,Rusia ,Australia ,Lithuania and former college stars from USA.There is a second league name Euro cup and a third league ABA league .Each team of the principal teams of the Euro league has at least 10 import players and the other 5 are the best local talent.They are experienced players, because they begin playing professional basketball since they are 16 years old.For example a team like Real Madrid can destroy a team from NCAA.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 pm

international wrote:dboss, I got a simple question for you.
you say that none of us can know how VP plays until he plays for us and I remember you last year saying the same thing about Luka Doncic and I bet  in the past you said the same about Rudy Gobert, Nikola Jokic and oters from Europe, but here is my question... How can you say Zion Williamson or Ja Morant are going to be good player I f they come from an inferior league than the Euroleague ?Should I say that none of us can know how Zion plays until he plays for New Orleans or there is a guaranty about players from America ?

International

There is quality talent playing in Europe.

Until I see a guy play everything written and everything said is unproven to me.

Doncic played last year and he proved he can play in the NBA.

VP will certainly get a chance to play as well but I remain reluctant to embrass a bunch of articles that tell me what to think about him.

I hope he is as good as advertised.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:30 pm

Evaluating future rookie talent by the fans in my opinion is heavily swayed by hometown rooting bias (often times wishful thinking). I'll stick with the final draft ranking. Who is better than the pros when it comes to player talent evaluation?

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:38 pm

dboss ,
I agree with you , only time will tell if he can help us or no . I hope he will and we need a good job from him in defense and rebounding, at least we know he has done it in the past .

international

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:37 pm

international wrote:dboss ,
I agree with you , only time will tell if he can help us or no . I hope he will and we need a good job from him in defense and rebounding, at least we know he has done it in the past .
Every drafted player gets judged on his most recent past, no question Poirer looks quicker than Baynes and stronger than Al. It will be incredible if after so many misses at the 5, that Danny comes up with a winning hand and on the cheap and I believe it may/will happen. I’ve seen Kantor play and do surprisingly well, he’s a skilled player in the  paint and a load, he’s been flip* by franchises before and he does his job. How he gets 5 mill and Rozier gets 18 mill is one of life’s flip* up mysteries...??? RW has the attributes in a sick way, if we can’t develop him, shame on this coaching staff, but I think he will be a board monster, a taller more athletic version of Rodman. Just remember Rodman came in as a 24 year old rookie and it took him time to get there too. As KG would say anything is possible!!!! Our bigs by committee will be a strength, really happy with this newly assembled crew. We should have 3 bigs with a much higher per minute rebounding avg than Al and Baynes.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down