GSW trades and looks pretty good

3 posters

Go down

GSW trades and looks pretty good Empty GSW trades and looks pretty good

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:10 pm

GSW just traded away Corey Maggette to Milwaukee for Dan Gadzuric and Charlie Bell.

Here's the depth chart for these guys, assuming they sign a few of the D-leaguers from the end of last season (which they will!!) and CJ Watson:

5 - Biedrins, Turiaf, Gadzuric
4 - Radmanovic, Wright (3/4), Tolliver, Hunter
3 - Randolph (6'10")
2 - Ellis, Azuibuike, Williams, Bell, Morrow
1 - Curry, Watson

They are stocked at every position except SF and 'Buike can play that like Tony Allen does it for us. A little undersized, but athletic and active. Brandon Wright can also play smaller if need be.

If Nellie doesn't re-sign Tolliver and/or Hunter (he will because they're D-leaguers, so they won't cost much), I'd be happy with either one. Watson's a free agent. Wouldn't mind him either if Nate wants too much.

GSW is my #2 team (I try to root for the local team as long as they're not playing my #1 team). Now, if we can just stop getting injured. I mean, last season there was one game where we had to suit up an injured player just so we wouldn't default! We only played 6 players that game because that's all we had!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

GSW trades and looks pretty good Empty Re: GSW trades and looks pretty good

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:26 pm

bob are they happy with Monta Ellis?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:36 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:bob are they happy with Monta Ellis?

cow,

I'd say there's some unsettled feelings going both ways. If GSW could put together a blockbuster trade, they'd do it. At $11M/year and 4 more years left, it would be a key starter for a key starter.

Monta is extremely athletic and can shoot lights out mid-range from anywhere on the floor. He's just immature and not a true point guard. He's also a bit of a ME-baller. Comes with the immaturity and playing Nellie-ball for years. Run down the floor, take a shot. His mentor was Stephen Jackson. That, right there, should tell you something about his head. Stephen Jackson is one crazy, thug mofo. Artest is tough and can lose it, but Jackson is just plain nucking futs. A real gangster mentality, and he tutored Ellis for years.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:21 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the rundown. I always like to see the Warriors do well because of my fondness for both the Bay Area and Nellie. I just read somewhere that, but trading away Maggette and keeping Randolph, the team is doing the opposite of what Nellie would have preferred. It doesn't look all that good for Nellie, and I'd still love him in Boston as an offensive coaching assistant ushering in a Rondo-led offensive era.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Sam wrote:Bob,

Thanks for the rundown. I always like to see the Warriors do well because of my fondness for both the Bay Area and Nellie. I just read somewhere that, but trading away Maggette and keeping Randolph, the team is doing the opposite of what Nellie would have preferred. It doesn't look all that good for Nellie, and I'd still love him in Boston as an offensive coaching assistant ushering in a Rondo-led offensive era.

Sam

Sam,

I think Nellie woud be a great offensive coaching assistant. However, he's 70 years old, has been head coach many times without ever taking a stepback/down to assistant coach, and lives in the off-season in Hawaii after the "grueling" bay area winters.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

As far as doing the opposite of what Nellie wants, this may be just the beginning. Larry Ellison is coming on as owner and he's a never-surrender-and-take-no-prisoners samurai. We have a very immature team out here. Sorta the b-ball version of the French World Cup team. Overpaid underperforming prima donna me-ballers. Randolph and Ellis are like that, so making the decision to keep Randolph and jettison Maggette would not make Nelson happy. For what he was worth, Maggette was a good soldier who did what the coach asked him to do. What will be interesting to see now is whether Nellie stays on as coach. If he's doesn't (age and being in rebuilding mode with a new owner etc.) then how will the players react? Would they think that means they're in charge, since the got the coach sacked, or do the now fall in line with whomever the next coach is?

We've lost Thib and, I believe, will lose Doc. If Doc goes, then what about assistants Clifford Ray and Armond Hill? They're here out of loyalty to Doc. Certainly, Clifford Ray can get another gig teaching big men easily. I'm digressing a bit, riffing off the "what if Nellie is gone?" theme.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down