Raptors @ Celtics Game #2 Friday October 25, 2019 7 PM EST

2 posters

Go down

Raptors @ Celtics Game #2 Friday October 25, 2019 7 PM EST Empty Raptors @ Celtics Game #2 Friday October 25, 2019 7 PM EST

Post by dboss Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:48 pm

I watched the Raptors/Pelicans game earlier this week.  It went into overtime and the Raptors won 130-122.
Siakum is their new go to guy with the departure of Leonard and he did not disappoint.  He Scored 34 points and had 18 rebounds including 6 on the offensive glass.  He was not particularly efficient on offense as he went 11-26 or 41.4% from the field.  He did however get to the line quite a bit going 10-11.  Add in his 5 assists and subtract out his 4 turnovers.

I was wondering who would get the start with the departure of Leonard and Green.

Apparently Van Fleet is the new off guard.  He went 12-18 for and matched Siakum with 34 points.  He was getting to the rim at will and also Knocked down 5-7 from deep.  He also dished out 7 assists and had 5 rebounds and only 2 turnovers.  It was the best game I have ever seen from him.

The other 3 starters were Marc Gasol, Lowry (22 points) at the point and OG Anunoby at Forward.

Gasol looks old and slow and was not very effective in 32 minutes.

The Raptors only play 8 guys which is pretty amazing given the extra OT period.  Ibaka, Norman Powell and Terrance Davis were the only rotation guys that played.

The Celtics should win tonight.  With no Leonard they should pay close attention to Siakum.  He has some Giannis like moves in getting to the rim.  I think selective double teaming to take the ball out of his hands would work.  You better keep him off the glass which means put a body on him.

Van Fleet is a pain in the ass.  He can knock down shots but I was blown away by how easily he took his man off the dribble and got all the way to the rim.

Keys to victory

I would stat VP at center to match up with Gasol.  Size vs Size.  I would bring RW off the bench when Serge rotates into the game.  I would love to put Tatum on Siakum.  I do not think he is quick enough so I would   rotate a guy to get him from taking it off the bounce as needed.  Kemba has to check Lowry.  Put Jaylen on Van Fleet and Hayward on Powell.  Marcus Smart will be a key player for us tonight.  Semi should also get some minutes on Siakum. 

Boston needs to keep getting to the rim but they also need to make their free throws.  Boston needs to move both man and ball.  The lack of ball movement was evident last night.  Boston needs to get more fast break opportunities.  How about passing the ball up the court instead of dribbling?

Brad needs to shorten his rotation a bit.  Theis has been ineffective against the Raptors the last two years so maybe he sits.  Carsen Edwards should not be left to his own devices.  If you want to play him how about setting some screens to open up his shot?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Raptors @ Celtics Game #2 Friday October 25, 2019 7 PM EST Empty Re: Raptors @ Celtics Game #2 Friday October 25, 2019 7 PM EST

Post by NYCelt Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Projected starting lineups for tonight's game as of 1:30pm

Boston Celtics Starting Lineup
PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Jaylen Brown
SF: Jayson Tatum
PF: Gordon Hayward
C: Daniel Theis

Toronto Raptors Starting Lineup
PG: Kyle Lowry
SG: Fred VanVleet
SF: OG Anunoby
PF: Pascal Siakam
C: Marc Gasol

Key Player Matchups

Pascal Siakam vs. Jaylen Brown

With the Celtics’ smaller lineup, Brad Stevens is very likely to have Jaylen Brown defend athletic fours like Siakam. It’ll be a tall task for Brown. Siakam has clearly got an edge because of his size alone and he’s not your prototypical slow-moving power forward of the NBA’s former generations so Siakam has the ability to defend on the perimeter and on drives against Brown.

Kyle Lowry vs. Kemba Walker

Lowry versus Walker is a matchup fo two of the NBA’s best point guards. Both play bigger than their positions. Last season, Lowry took a role as more of a distributor with Kawhi Leonard being the Raptors’ biggest offensive weapon, but he figures to be a bigger part of a more balanced offense this season. Expect Walker to bounce back from a rough first game in Celtics green.

Jayson Tatum vs. Fred VanVleet

Expect Tatum and VanVleet to play opposite each other. If that holds up for tonight, this should turn into a matchup of sharpshooters. VanVleet is coming off a career-best scoring game and Tatum can get going in a hurry.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Raptors @ Celtics Game #2 Friday October 25, 2019 7 PM EST Empty Re: Raptors @ Celtics Game #2 Friday October 25, 2019 7 PM EST

Post by dboss Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:56 pm

I do not think that JT is quick enough to stay with Van Fleet. He's a waterbug.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down