dbrown4
dboss
kdp59
RosalieTCeltics
9 posters

Go down

Marcus Morris upset with Celtics Empty Marcus Morris upset with Celtics

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:43 pm

I guess not getting a phone call from the organization at the time of free agency has upset Morris.. He seems fixated with making sure they know he
is "dead" to him. Is he right to feel this way? I suppose so, he did work hard for them while he was here, but I also feel he may have been part of the
problems in that locker room. Never one to hold back on how he feels, he hasn't stopped talking since they played those two games in the last week and a half. Oh well, he has moved on, they have moved on so ...............eh.......
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Marcus Morris upset with Celtics Empty Re: Marcus Morris upset with Celtics

Post by kdp59 Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:05 pm

I liked Morris when he was here more than most, as I recall. But Obviously Ainge felt bringing Walker here on a max deal was more important than keeping Morris' rights, so he could resign him.

so far looks like Ainge made a good call.

I'm glad to see Morris playing well, though he probably should have kept his promise to play with SA this year. He certainly would have won more games there I think.

he should let it go, even if Ainge hurt his feelings. Move on fella, you're making more money just this year than most of us would ever hope to earn...enjoy it and life!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:09 pm

And the Spurs are upset with him for backing out of the 2 year deal with them.

Apparently they even traded a player to free up room.

Morris decided a one year deal for $15 million was better and I agree yet he burned the Spurs in a New York minute.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Morris was upset that he did not have a better contract here. His brother was making more money than he was. Hey, let’s face it he has a family now and he knows his shelf life is just so long, so he wanted the bigger contract. He would not have gotten anything like that here in Boston so he should be glad.

I wish him luck, he did work hard while he was here.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:25 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Morris was upset that he did not have a better contract here. His brother was making more money than he was. Hey, let’s face it he has a family now and he knows his shelf life is just so long, so he wanted the bigger contract. He would not have gotten anything like that here in Boston so he should be glad.  

I wish him luck, he did work hard while he was here.

Markieff signed a one year $6.56 miilion contract with Detroit for this season.  When Marcus was traded to Boston he still had 2 years left on his contract.  

He was a solid player but he fell out of favor the game that he pushed Jaylen Brown.

I am glad he is gone.  Some of his minutes will go to GH and JB
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:48 pm

I agree, I believe DA got rid of what he felt were locker room problems. Morris took up where Irving left off at times, mouthing off about the “young guys”. If they thought Jaylen or Jason were the problems, one of them might have been gone first. I remember Wyc’s words
“This was a hard team to love” he obviously was not talking about the young guys.

Right now, it looks like the right people are gone, here;s hoping it continues
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Well the chemistry has definitely improved.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:43 am

dboss, that was clearly Item #1 on the To-Do List with the chemistry issues. Check.

I liked/like Morris. As difficult as it may be, he can't take this personally. Some players just don't seem to get it that basketball is, in the end, a team sport. Everyone has to be pulling in the same direction. When you have a Kyrie or similar going off the deep end at times, if you are going to pursue that path ini the short run, you better be offering something equal and opposite in the long run to compensate. But when you want to become more of a loner than the proverbial team player, you'll probably be getting the ax sooner rather than later.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:43 am

He should just accept the fact he’s a career journeyman and be thankful for that....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:49 pm

dboss wrote:And the Spurs are upset with him for backing out of the 2 year deal with them.

Apparently they even traded a player to free up room.

Morris decided a one year deal for $15 million was better and I agree yet he burned the Spurs in a New York minute.

After screwing over the Spurs, he should keep his big yap shut for a minute or two.  Salary cap rules tied Danny's hands and as a player, he should know that.  Still, he has to create drama where there isn't any.

I agree with Rosalie, he was part pf the problem last season and now he is gone.  I wish he was gone sooner, the two J's lost opportunities on the court while he was here.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:52 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/11/danny-ainge-disputes-marcus-morris-saying-boston-celtics-didnt-call-him-in-free-agency-i-know-i-talked-to-him.html

Danny Ainge disputes Marcus Morris saying Boston Celtics didn’t call him in free agency: ‘I know I talked to him’

Today 11:55 AM

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com

Marcus Morris had a very interesting offseason. After initially agreeing to a two-year, $20 million deal with the San Antonio Spurs (a deal that forced them to deal Davis Bertans to Washington), Morris signed a one-year deal with the Knicks worth $15 million.

He had originally hoped to stay with Boston, which might have happened had Kyrie Irving and Al Horford stayed with the Celtics. They didn’t, and according to Morris, the Celtics said goodbye rather unceremoniously.

“In the two years I was here, I was nothing but professional, I did everything right," he told The Athletic. "As a player, you want to get rewarded for those things. I’ve been fighting hard ever since I’ve been in this league, every single year. And I just felt as though just a phone call would have done me justice. So, it is what it is.”

New of the lack of phone call spread pretty quickly, but today on 98.5′s Toucher & Rich, Danny Ainge said he remembered the summer differently.

“I know I talked to him, I know (Celtics assistant coach) Jerome Allen talked to him, and Brad Stevens talked to him also,” Ainge said. “I think what he’s referring to though is that he didn’t receive an offer when he says ‘we didn’t talk to him.’ We didn’t call and try to sign him back and the reason was we were signing Kemba and we were doing all we could and in order for us to get Kemba, we had to renounce our free agents. That’s why we didn’t make him an offer.”

Ainge did say the team tried to re-sign Morris to an extension a year ago.

“We did make Marcus Morris a three-year contract extension offer last summer before the season had started,” Ainge said. “He chose to become a free agent.”

Ainge didn’t say what the amount of that offer was, so it’s not clear how much Morris turned down to get to free agency. Ainge, who reiterated that he and the team still like Morris, said he reached out over the summer to help Morris make his free agency decisions.

“I just called him to talk to him because Jerome Allen, who is very close with him, talked with him and shared some things that were going on in free agency,” Ainge said. “I just called and gave him my two cents worth of some of the process he was going through and gave him some knowledge that I had on what was going on in the free agent market at the time.”

Ainge did not say at what point in the process he called Morris and what guidance he gave.

Morris is averaging 17.9 points per game while hitting 47.6 percent of his 3-pointers for the New York Knicks. The 17.9 points would be a career-high. Morris’ 47.6 percent shooting from 3 is most likely unsustainable, though. He shot 48.4 percent for the Celtics in October of last year and 44.1 percent through December before finishing at 37.5 percent for the season.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Is Fiz about to get the ax? He's got to be pulling his hair out...no pun intended.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:23 pm

I feel the same way about Mook this year as last - albeit I have less skin in the game with him being in NY.

Every shot he took last year, was a shot that was taken away from Gordon, Jaylen and Tatum - and THOSE are the guys who will be here long term. He is a good player who plays hard and I love his toughness.

He thinks he is a bit better than he actually is and if he were willing to accept a bit less to come off the bench for a good team - he would be great. Consider if you had him and say Marcus Smart as first two off the bench would have been great. But he is maximizing his earning potential (as he should), and so he gets to consider more money on bad teams.

As for being butt hurt about the Celtics. Not worried about it.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:32 pm

I was not surprised that Ainge did not bring Morris back. Money was going to be an issue as there was no way the Cs could have given him the 15M that the Knicks gave him. He also was not a real positive member of last year's team of mumblers and discontents although he was far from the worst of the bunch.

A team makes a clean sweep of such guys always hoping for better chemistry, and so far it looks like Ainge's acquisitions have payed off quite well. I most certainly like following this team MUCH more than the guys who wore our green uniforms last season.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down