tjmakz
tardust
dboss
Shamrock1000
worcester
21 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Flotsam and Jetsam Around the League 2019-2020 - Page 18 Empty Re: Flotsam and Jetsam Around the League 2019-2020

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:11 am

Philly was down 4 at the half in Miami.  They ended up losing by 31.  This is not a typo.  Miami had a 41 point 3rd and a 40 point 4th.  Al Horford with 6 points and 4 rebounds in 22 minutes.  Tobias Harris was 3-12.  The Heat, as a team, shot 56.5%.

Any team can have a poor shooting night (Philly shot 43%), but giving up 2 straight 40 point quarters?!  

There's 2 days, plus change, until the trade deadline.  I expect Philly to make moves.  This team is looking more and more unready for prime time with every game they play against an above .500 team and look like JVers against contenders.

And all the "experts" who anointed them as likely to be playing for a Championship back in the pre-season, and who thought we'd implode because you-know-who took his talents (and cancerous 'tude) to Bed-Stuy, look like fools.

I only wish there was a Comments From The Other Side for this game for the Sixer fans. What a bloodbath that would read like!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Flotsam and Jetsam Around the League 2019-2020 - Page 18 Empty Re: Flotsam and Jetsam Around the League 2019-2020

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:22 am

bobheckler wrote:Philly was down 4 at the half in Miami.  They ended up losing by 31.  This is not a typo.  Miami had a 41 point 3rd and a 40 point 4th.  Al Horford with 6 points and 4 rebounds in 22 minutes.  Tobias Harris was 3-12.  The Heat, as a team, shot 56.5%.

Any team can have a poor shooting night (Philly shot 43%), but giving up 2 straight 40 point quarters?!  

There's 2 days, plus change, until the trade deadline.  I expect Philly to make moves.  This team is looking more and more unready for prime time with every game they play against an above .500 team and look like JVers against contenders.

And all the "experts" who anointed them as likely to be playing for a Championship back in the pre-season, and who thought we'd implode because you-know-who took his talents (and cancerous 'tude) to Bed-Stuy, look like fools.

I only wish there was a Comments From The Other Side for this game for the Sixer fans.  What a bloodbath that would read like!

bob

Guess Al’s presence never made them an elite defense.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:25 am

Can you find those comments from the other side for PHI, BobH?! That would be a great read. PHI fans are brutal enough as it is with a huge chip on their shoulders already.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 am

dbrown4 wrote:Can you find those comments from the other side for PHI, BobH?!  That would be a great read.  PHI fans are brutal enough as it is with a huge chip on their shoulders already.  

db

The comments after they played us were so comical and on point....poor franchise and they passed on Tatum

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:29 am

Boy would I be bitching and moaning if we drafted Fultz and passed on JT, who is developing into a franchise player.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:44 pm

Knicks just canned President Steve Mills.

"It has been a great honor to represent the Knicks," Mills said in the statement. "I will always be grateful to Jim for giving me the chance to represent this franchise and I am disappointed we were not able to achieve success for New York. I would like to thank the staff and players for their hard work during my tenure. I will always be a Knick fan"...of course, until a better team and/or organization comes along...WHAT???!!! HOLY CRAP!! The whole rest of the league???!!! I had no idea I'd have this many to pick from!

OK, he didn't exactly say all that.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:15 pm

bobheckler wrote:Philly was down 4 at the half in Miami.  They ended up losing by 31.  This is not a typo.  Miami had a 41 point 3rd and a 40 point 4th.  Al Horford with 6 points and 4 rebounds in 22 minutes.  Tobias Harris was 3-12.  The Heat, as a team, shot 56.5%.

I only wish there was a Comments From The Other Side for this game for the Sixer fans.  What a bloodbath that would read like!

bob

I found this equivalent to Comments From The Other Side. Just go to the Yahoo Sports box score for any game and click on "Conversations." Here it is:

84 reactions on Philadelphia @ Miami
Share your reaction
GuidelinesPost
20 viewing
Top Reactions
Jimmy 2 hang and swang
Jimmy 2 hang and swang17 hours ago
Al Horford $109 million, Joel Embiid $148 Million Tobais Harris $180 million, Ben Simmons, $170 million. For THIS?!?!

Reply261
Justin
Justin17 hours ago
another superb effort by sixers. Losing by 30.

Reply16
Rob
Rob17 hours ago
The sad thing here is that Embiid is a starter in the All-Star game and Butler is not. Yes, I know Butler is going in as a reserve, but still, Butler is more of an All-Star than Embiid.

ReplyReplies (4)152
Jimmy 2 hang and swang
Jimmy 2 hang and swang17 hours ago
Ben Simmons -29 LOL

ReplyReplies (2)131
john
john18 hours ago
Jimmy Butler best night of his career

ReplyReplies (1)151
john
john18 hours ago
It’s officially a blowout

Reply8
Alec
Alec17 hours ago
Well nice adjustment again by Brett Brown during half time, Heat blow the game wide open.

Reply8
1234517 hours ago
safe to say that the process was a failure.

Reply12
Gerald
Gerald18 hours ago
I wonder why the Sixers let Butler go? E Brand should've tried to sign him to the Max.

ReplyReplies (1)7
Franco
Franco18 hours ago
That Butler fella would sure look good in a Sixers uniform.

ReplyReplies (3)141
Redbull
Redbull17 hours ago
Everyone of the Sixers starters are huge - while the Heat are huge +. That just sums up the teams. And if Sixers continues in this way a first round playoff exit is guaranteed.

Reply6
Franco
Franco17 hours ago
Look at the bright side Sixers fans. 6th seed in the east come playoffs is pretty much a lock unless the Nets or Orlando start putting some wins together and the Sixers completely collapse from here on out.

Reply6
b.o.b.
b.o.b.20 hours ago
Philly on the road??? Easy money Miami by 10+

Reply7
Justin
Justin17 hours ago
harris 6 points wth.

Reply4
Anonymous
Anonymous18 hours ago
Great defense philly ... lets see if you can hold them under 100 pts by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Reply81
Cheesehead
Cheesehead18 hours ago
Brett Brown need to be traded. The trading is open.

ReplyReplies (1)31
Lenny W
Lenny W18 hours ago
Jimmy is on FIRE!

ReplyReplies (1)7
Peter
Peter17 hours ago
Butler feels the way about Simmons the way Kobe did with Kwame Brown. Team soft like Charmin'

Reply82
Arthur
Arthur18 hours ago
I feel bad for Brett Brown. Basically getting beat by the only true all-star he's ever coached.

ReplyReplies (1)4
Alec
Alecyesterday
Another Sixers loss and Mr Brett Brown will definitely feel the HEAT.

Reply122
Rob
Rob18 hours ago
Sixers have no heart. It left with Butler. Butler is outscoring Embiid and Simmons combined.

Reply111
Hector
Hector20 hours ago
Miama by at least 10+pts

Reply51
J R
J R16 hours ago
Seems like the Heat dedicated the second half to Kobe.

Reply2
Redbull
Redbull17 hours ago
31 points blowout. Jimmy B showing Sixers what they missing.

Reply72
Mia
Mia18 hours ago
I hope herro is good to go next game Let’s go heat .

Reply41
Roger
Roger17 hours ago
That's the Jimmy we want come second half of the season. Heat UP!

Reply52
john
john18 hours ago
Nice win Miami

Reply31
OHBAMA MAMA
OHBAMA MAMA16 hours ago
Winslow not traveling on the next five games. Seems his back is not getting better, $13,000,000 salary looks pretty good for not playing. Give us an up-date or release him. Cant trade injured players???

Reply2
Aries
Aries2 days ago
Stat of Joel "Mr. Glass" Embiid - 1/11 fg. 0/4 3pt. 4 TO. 11 PTS.

ReplyReplies (2)31
Jimmy 2 hang and swang
Jimmy 2 hang and swang21 hours ago
If the Heat have their players they should close this out

Reply2
Daniel
Danielyesterday
76ers 103
Heat 118

Reply86
john
john18 hours ago
Butler unbelievable unbelievable

Reply31
NewBraska
NewBraska18 hours ago
this sixer team is a travesty Trainwreck we're going nowhere in the playoffs I've seen too much I've seen enough this is very painful painful to watch week after week now new month at the same stuff win win lose lose lose win lose lose win lose win it doesn't matter nothing matters this season is a bust

Reply81
Joe
Joe19 hours ago
LeBron just took his sixth three pointer of the year tonight! Missed it of course. Barely averaging 16 points a game. Sooo like LeBron!

Reply21
Le
Le19 hours ago
Heat under

Reply1
BigA
BigA17 hours ago
Philly with another choke year

Reply61
Joe W
Joe Wyesterday
Make or break time for the Sixers

ReplyReplies (1)32
Underdog Athletics
Underdog Athletics18 hours ago
Sixers make a comeback 4th quarter

ReplyReplies (2)25
Rocky
Rocky19 hours ago
Defense was the Sixers strength now that’s trash. No fast breaks leads to slow unorganized sluggish offensive sets

Reply6
OHBAMA MAMA
OHBAMA MAMA16 hours ago
Wheres the "D" .....sixers defense stats..... forced 3 Turnovers, 0 blocked shots, 1 steal. Heat shoots 56% and 50% from downtown..

Reply2
Mike
Mike18 hours ago
sixers a joke

Reply2
Rocky
Rocky18 hours ago
Elton Brand...you have failed putting these players on the floor with possibly the softness most clueless fraud of a coach in little BB and you even gave him an extension. What a joke

Reply7
FreedomRocks89
FreedomRocks8917 hours ago
What a beating...!!!

Reply5
Mr
Mr19 hours ago
Ennis sux.

ReplyReplies (1)2
Nick 86
Nick 8616 hours ago
Sixers going nowhere. Traded away all their shooters and now have a weak offensive game.

Reply21
OHBAMA MAMA
OHBAMA MAMA19 hours ago
Tyler Herro the leagues best shooters gets snubbed again for a start. I used to like Erik Spoelstra but hes no more than a chair sitting courtside.

Reply25
gerard cortez
gerard cortez20 hours ago
Please fire coach Brett Brown he can't coach the Sixers to next level. I have'nt seen such talent only to lose on mediocre teams on the road. Trades won't help the Sixers this season or next season as long as Brett Brown is around.

ReplyReplies (1)22
gerard cortez
gerard cortez18 hours ago
Another humiliating loss for Brett Brown and the Sixers. If you have the dignity left in yourself step down Mr. Brown.

Reply41
1234518 hours ago
embiid just pulled his labia majora......he is out for the year.

Reply5
Joe W
Joe W19 hours ago
Embiid is best when he is playing low, and driving to the basket. Not sure why Sixers did not do that against Boston when they had a size advantage, but they need to get back to that type of game. Also, Embiid draws fouls when he plays this way

Reply1
Zachary
Zacharyyesterday
Heat -2.5??

Underdog Athletics
Butlet goes down injury Heat done. Out 1et Round playoffs

Reply1
Mr. E
Mr. E14 hours ago
Miami would be great if the had a true center who could at least play defense. And scoring would be a bonus.

Jimmy 2 hang and swang
Jimmy 2 hang and swang18 hours ago
Nunn Robinson and Herro are not playing well, still the Heat have a very small lead, I think if they start shooting better, yeh-haw

Reply21
Rocky
Rocky19 hours ago
Tobias is awful. Where is he? No positive impact. Looks lost. His shot is unreliable

ReplyReplies (1)4
layne
layne22 hours ago
Wdym man? There’s like a million games

NewBraska
NewBraska18 hours ago
cotton soft pillow top Joel embiid...
you scare no you'll never be a force in this league you're too fragile , frail, SOFT bewildered confused Clueless and the list goes on

Reply4
Underdog Athletics
Underdog Athletics19 hours ago
Bam cant handle Embiid

Reply23
Gesi
Gesi16 hours ago
I stand by what I have said. Sixers need to start The Process 2.0 for their whole management, possibly owner too

Reply1
Dave
Dave17 hours ago
wow. That is absolutely pathetic Philly

Reply5
Ryan
Ryan17 hours ago
No more bully time for Embid I guess..

Reply52
Underdog Athletics
mismatch. Dragic cant guard Simmons. too long

Reply24
Erik
Erik15 hours ago
Tear it down, the process is an abject failure...start over...

Reply1
kirby r
kirby r16 hours ago
I dont understand how 6ers could be this bad. Especially since both Embiid and Simmons didn't play a bad game.

kerry
kerry20 hours ago
Simmons won’t win until he commits all to b-ball....really dating a kardashian, please......and embiid is your other “star” not winning

Reply2
Arthur
Arthur17 hours ago
Al Horford is kicking himself.

Reply2
Andre
Andre11 hours ago
Clowns lose big time. Hilarious.

Reply6
JonasH
JonasH15 hours ago
Sixers need Jimmy

1234518 hours ago
embiid is a soft, immature baby....sixers will never win with that guy.

Reply3
john paul g
john paul g18 hours ago
Six whole points for Tobias!!! Glad he’s earning that 180 million. Sixers are a disgrace.

Reply41
Les
Les19 hours ago
horford is terrible

Reply32
Underdog Athletics
Jimmy the bum butler!

Reply1
Jordan
Jordan18 hours ago
How was embiid a starter over jimmy so Bs

Reply12
Underdog Athletics
Dragic a #$%$

Reply21
Mike
Mike18 hours ago
horford is the worst signing!!

Reply21
Michael
Michael19 hours ago
Trade Brown the clown

Reply1
Shadow
Shadowyesterday
The Greak Freak and the Bucks will knock out one of these teams in the second round

ReplyReplies (1)27
bostonsportsrules
bostonsportsrules17 hours ago
Sixers suck!

Reply51
NewBraska
NewBraska18 hours ago
TRAINWRECK 6ERS

Reply1
Tony 74
Tony 7412 hours ago
The sixers are an embarrassment on the road. Heads should roll after getting their butt kicked in Miami. Where is the accountability? Jimmy Butler played with effort - why didn’t the Sixers? That’s unacceptable!

Underdog Athletics
Jimmy butler is a bum. seriously. check out his documentary

ReplyReplies (1)8
Underdog Athletics
Season swept. Dilly Sissies

Joe
Joe18 hours ago
Stupid philly!!!!

Reply21
Joe
Joe18 hours ago
Damn philly so stupid

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi,
I think it's bit of overreaction to PHI loss. After all they did beat LAL, MIL, TOR, BOS, etc.
OTOH, for that amount of $$$ they pay their big 4 they should've been much better.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:37 pm

I'm still LMAO on the labia majora comment. OMG!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:44 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Knicks just canned President Steve Mills.

"It has been a great honor to represent the Knicks," Mills said in the statement.  "I will always be grateful to Jim for giving me the chance to represent this franchise and I am disappointed we were not able to achieve success for New York.  I would like to thank the staff and players for their hard work during my tenure.  I will always be a Knick fan"...of course, until a better team and/or organization comes along...WHAT???!!!  HOLY CRAP!!  The whole rest of the league???!!!  I had no idea I'd have this many to pick from!

OK, he didn't exactly say all that.  

db  

I know if I was an NBA owner I would fire my key decision-maker 2 days before the trade deadline because it's silly to have any thought process or strategy continuity through that time.  Not.

James Dolan is an idiot.  He's firing everybody except the person who should be fired.  Himself.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:18 am

Highlight film from last night's game between Giannis and Zion (who gives a shit about the other players, right?).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 am

BobH it will be fun to watch these two battle for years to come!

I do care about Pat C. though, he is going to win the slam dunk contest this year. You heard it here first!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:20 pm

bobc33 wrote:BobH it will be fun to watch these two battle for years to come!

I do care about Pat C. though, he is going to win the slam dunk contest this year.  You heard it here first!

Bob,

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
yesterday
The dunk contest should just be Aaron Gordon, Derrick Jones and Pat Connaughton repeatedly dunking on Dwight Howard. Only reason I can think of for Howard to be there, really.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:54 pm

Can anyone explain to me why The Heat made the trade for Iggy. He is 36 years old and they gave him $30 million for 2 years. Winslow is heading to Memphis.

Iggy has not played all year and averaged 6 pts and 5 pts PG his last 2 years in GS.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:16 pm

My favorite Philly comment also:
"embiid just pulled his labia majora......he is out for the year."

Questions: Is this still part of the process?

Is Philly trying to tank to get a lottery pick?

Is that their plan?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:00 am

dboss wrote:Can anyone explain to me why The Heat made the trade for Iggy.  He is 36 years old and they gave him $30 million for 2 years.  Winslow is heading to Memphis.

Iggy has not played all year and averaged 6 pts and 5 pts PG his last 2 years in GS.

Maybe he can add a spark this for a deep playoff run, Heat have other shooters for offense, maybe they need a defensive wing, Winslow has been unable to get or stay on the floor....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:07 am

It's either a big chemistry helper or complete train wrecker. Obviously, I'm hoping for the latter.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:47 am

Dang it! We should be tied with TOR. They came back last night from 11 down with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game. Pacers completed melted down like they had never seen a trap before. It was disheartening to watch and to listen to the IND homers calling the game. I could have sworn I heard one of them drop the "F" Bomb at the end.

I still don't think TOR is all that. Time to put the losing streak curse on them. They do play MIL next week I saw. They have the mysterious Nets up next. If our boy is not playing because of his sore shoulder, there's a good chance TOR can go on a two-game losing streak.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:38 am

dbrown4 wrote:Dang it!  We should be tied with TOR.  They came back last night from 11 down with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game.  Pacers completed melted down like they had never seen a trap before.  It was disheartening to watch and to listen to the IND homers calling the game.  I could have sworn I heard one of them drop the "F" Bomb at the end.

I still don't think TOR is all that.  Time to put the losing streak curse on them.  They do play MIL next week I saw.  They have the mysterious Nets up next.  If our boy is not playing because of his sore shoulder, there's a good chance TOR can go on a two-game losing streak.  

db

Unfortunately, the Nets play better when the Poison Peckerhead stays in the locker room.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:06 am

dboss wrote:Can anyone explain to me why The Heat made the trade for Iggy.  He is 36 years old and they gave him $30 million for 2 years.  Winslow is heading to Memphis.

dboss,

Justise Winslow has played in 11 games this year. He's shooting 38.8%, 22% from 3. Maybe that's why. Iggy, ancient as he might be, is a proven veteran and multi-Champion and Pat Riley is going for broke this year. The second year of the 2-year contract is non-guaranteed, so all Riley is really on the hook for is this year, which he'd be on the hook for anyway. Winslow is making $13M/year this and next (a club option $13M in the 3rd year). So, Riley just unloaded $13M of contract next year if he doesn't renew Iggy. That lets him go big game hunting when it's open season on free agents this summer.

What I find interesting about this is this: if you all remember Danny was extremely hot-to-trot for Winslow. He wanted to trade 5 picks to MJ in Charlotte for the 2015 #9 pick so he could take Winslow before Riley could take him @ #10, which he did. MJ turned Danny down and then pulled "an MJ" and drafted the immortal Frank Kaminsky instead.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:23 am

Iggy is under contract this season for $17,185,185

The first year of his extension is for next season, 2020-2021 (guaranteed)

The second year of his extension is for the season after that, 2021-2022 (non-guaranteed, aka: team option)

You cannot lower a current contract, but you can extend it under certain circumstances.

The Heat are on the hook for Iggy's salary next season.

I could be wrong, but that is how I see it.

Also:

The rest of the trade is unknown, though Wojnarowski reports that the teams are working to add Oklahoma City Thunder forward Danilo Gallinari in a potential three-team trade that is still being worked out.

https://sports.yahoo.com/andre-iguodala-trade-grizzlies-heat-warriors-012737656.html

The Heat think they have a chance at contending, losing Winslow and adding Iggy and Gally could help, in their thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:19 am

I'm thinking that trade may blow up in their face (Heat)  The reason why the Celtics are beating up on the Heat is because they cannot defend all of our wings.  Butler is great but that is not enough.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:45 am

Dboss, that is probably the reason the Heat got Iggy. They don't really need offense from him and he is one of the few that work on defense. With that said I would have to agree, I don't think its going to make a huge difference for them.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:31 am

tardust wrote:Dboss,   that is probably the reason the Heat got Iggy.   They don't really need offense from him and he is one of the few that work on defense.  With that said I would have to agree,  I don't think its going to make a huge difference for them.
tardust

It will be interesting to see how they use him.

It just seems like the price with the extension was high for a 36 year old guy.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:50 am

I enjoyed the Kaminsky method enormously, Frank not so much.

Speaking of Michael Douglas, his dad Kirk died yesterday at 103. Kirk Douglas was undefeated his senior year as a wrestler at St. Lawrence. He was BMOC when they thought he was Polish, until word got out he was Jewish. They heaped the anti-semitism on him then, a prejudice I just can't stomach nor understand. Kirk will always be one of my favorites. He had the juice.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next