Brad Stevens discusses importance of sleep, how it impacts Celtics

3 posters

Go down

Brad Stevens discusses importance of sleep, how it impacts Celtics Empty Brad Stevens discusses importance of sleep, how it impacts Celtics

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:02 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/brad-stevens-discusses-importance-sleep-how-it-impacts-celtics?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

Brad Stevens discusses importance of sleep, how it impacts Celtics

By NBC Sports Boston Staff

November 15, 2019 9:46 AM

Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens has put an emphasis on sleep for as long as he can remember.

Stevens makes sure that each and every member of his squad is getting a consistent night's sleep throughout the duration of the NBA season.

"That's something you have to learn how to manage as well as you can," Stevens said. "In the NBA, obviously that presents itself over, and over and over. If we're going to get home after three o'clock in the morning, then we have to have significant recovery time before our next game for us to do that. If not, we will fly the next morning. If we're at a two-hour time difference, then we'll leave the hotel at 8:30. If we have a three-hour time difference, we might leave the hotel at 7:30 to get back on our time as well as we can.

"The more you can stay in a window of consistency in your sleep, the better. Our window is just unique during the season because of the late nights."

Considering the C's have a 9-1 record early on this campaign, it seems they're doing a terrific job managing their sleep schedule. They'll be back in action Friday night against the Golden State Warriors at Chase Center at 10:30 p.m. ET.

bob
MY NOTE: I travel a fair bit, more than most I think it is safe to say, and the one thing that has gotten harder for me over the years is jet lag. It just takes me longer to get over it. Our bodies want regularity. They get used to the amount and type of exercise we do (that's why we put struggle to maintain our weight even though we're working out just as long, just as hard but doing the same exercises), the type and amount of food we eat and the amount and timing of our sleep. It must be weird, though, for kids in their early 20's being told to take naps.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Brad Stevens discusses importance of sleep, how it impacts Celtics Empty Re: Brad Stevens discusses importance of sleep, how it impacts Celtics

Post by wideclyde Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:32 pm

The science relating sleep to athletic performance is real. So, there is no question that the Cs and other teams take sleep very seriously.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Brad Stevens discusses importance of sleep, how it impacts Celtics Empty Re: Brad Stevens discusses importance of sleep, how it impacts Celtics

Post by worcester Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:33 am

That's why I always napped during Latin class.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down