Celtics @ Clippers, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM Game # 14

4 posters

Go down

Celtics @ Clippers, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM Game # 14 Empty Celtics @ Clippers, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM Game # 14

Post by dboss Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:05 pm

Is everybody ready?  I am.

Our Boston Celtics play game 4 of our 5 game excursion out West against the presumptive NBA title contender, the Los Angeles Clippers.

Where did I read that this trip was going to be easy?  No where.

I do not want it to be easy.  I want it to be rock hard.  I want blood, guts and human sacrifice.  I want war. Guns, cannons, big hits, dunks, floaters, snowflake makes from everywhere.  I want us to win.

Kawhi and Paul George are expected to play in the same game.  So far a rare occurrence but not unexpected.  If you want a chance to beat Boston you better get off the training table and play.

If you have any doubts at all about our team's ability to beat those hair stylists, forget about it.  We can beat them but our boys need to execute the game plan.

keys to the game

Match their intensity.  That begins with staying in front of your man and matching what they think is their strength.  The Celtics have to rebound the basketball and keep Harrell off the glass.  He is a thug and as an undersized PF/C he is the engine that makes their front line go. 

Patrick Beverly is a poor man's Marcus Smart.  He is a pesky pain in the butt defender that sets the defensive tone for them. I would pay to see a  mano, mano fight between Marcus and him.

Low Williams continues to be the top guy off the bench in the NBA because he can flat out score the basketball.  We need to keep in check.

The big guns are the new pairing.  Leonard and George.  A marriage of two of the best wings in the NBA.  They pretty much do everything well at both ends.  No one is sitting out this game.   Boston brings forth their own dynamic pair of wings and the only thing that separates them is experience and maybe a little more physical strength.

Do you think our boys are ready for the challenge?  I do because Jason and Jaylen never back down from a challenge. 

Our centers just need to do their jobs.  Block out and go get the rebound.

Our rotation guys need to come in and just do their jobs.

Our guys need to protect the ball like a 3 day old baby.

Our guys need to pass the ball, make the next pass and refrain from hero ball.

Overall our guys need to bring absolute energy and flawless execution to the party.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics @ Clippers, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM Game # 14 Empty Re: Celtics @ Clippers, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM Game # 14

Post by tardust Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:15 pm

We will get a good look where we stand tonight. They have two wings that are studs and we got some up and comers at that position. Harrell worries me tonight because of how physical he is down low. Man their scoring will be tough with Leonard, George, and Williams. That could easily be 70-80 pts if we don't hunker down. Forget their starting center but he usually plays pretty well also. Zubac or something like that.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Celtics @ Clippers, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM Game # 14 Empty Re: Celtics @ Clippers, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM Game # 14

Post by dbrown4 Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:41 am

Well, I told cowens/oldschool I would throw myself on the mercy of the court as I thought this was probably going to be a blowout against us...So here I am. Just didn't think we would be in the ballpark. I was wrong. Not only were we in the ballpark, we probably should have won this one.

We are a lot further along than I thought. We got the message across even in the loss that Doc should probably place a hold on expediting the Balloon and Confetti order for June 2020. Oh yeah, and we were down one of our top scorers still.

Heck, if we were even in the ballpark of our 3-point %, we would have won going away. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Clips had to sweat.

If you couldn't tell ESPN is in the tank for anything and/or everything LA, just watch the SC recount of the game...in silence. I was working out this am at the gym and just watched, no sound obviously. I decided to count the total number of plays shown and from that, how many were LAC positive/Celtic negative and how many were Celtic positive/LAC negative.

Seriously, I lost count. I did see two positive Celtics with Kemba and Marcus Smart bombing in a 3 but that was about it. Nothing LAC negative and at least 10+ LAC positive/Boston turnovers.

You would think with a game between the two best teams in the league that went to OT, the highlights would be evenly balanced between the two teams.

From ESPN's perspective, they've got good news from here to the Finals betting on either of the LA teams to be in the Finals is about a 200% chance. Can't really blame them. But I say, "Come on, man!" That's ridiculous, Gus!

We did beat the spread. So this was a moral victory in the very least. Really probably should have won this game IMHBAO. Need to go teach Denver a lesson. I think we will be ready tomorrow night. If we aren't afraid of LAC, we sure as heck ain't afraid of DEN.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Dbrown I was confident going in, I remember vividly how impactful 2 J’s were during 18 playoff run both ends, and seeing how much both have improved/matured with a happy team that plays together and for each other....I was excited and confident we would put on a good show and I liked our chances. I didn’t know both teams would play such an ugly old school defensive dominated game. I actually thought Jaylen would have an impactful game attacking the rim, because the Clips bigs are not rim protectors, guess PG and Kawhi had something to do with that. As bad as we shot, we still had a 10 point lead in the 4th in a tightly contested game, where they got every call, that amazed me. We could shoot that bad and we still should have won, we were imperfect, but battled the whole night. Obviously a play here or there and we could have been undefeated on this road trip.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:03 am

cowens/oldschool,

Indeed it is a game of inches. Tonight presents some interesting must-see TV. Don't know what we are going to do with the moose in the middle. MS may meet his match! Taking down 285 lbs is a lot to ask of MS...but I'll ask him!!

We need to put the stamp on this road trip with this final game. While I'm not calling it a must win, it's pretty close. It's the difference between it being 3-2 and 2-3 for one of the top teams in the league right now. It's the difference between whether it was a very good, reasonably successful road trip vs. it being the dreaded "learning experience".

I know all athletes approach every game with the attitude/goal they they are there to win or that they are going to win. But realistically, some teams don't stand a chance some nights, most nights or any nights of completing that goal.

I believe the Celtics came into this road trip quite confident they could win and/or were going to win all 5 games. They have played like that. It was a truly ratcheted progression upward with the last two games against equal Top 10 NBA team talent. The closer than it should have been GSW game right out of the gate coupled with the 1 point last second shot miss and loss to SAC should have awakened them for PHX and it did. LAC game did not disappoint its billing. I'm hoping for a surprise tonight in DEN. A surprise for me but fulfilling their expectations for team BOS and this road trip.

I honestly believe they can reasonably expect and have a very good chance to win tonight in DEN. DEN took HOU to the cleaners so we're not dealing with a loss for DEN coming into the game tonight and revenge.

Again, I'm going to guess the spread is DEN-4 taking everything into account. The bookmakers should be a little hesitant after they choked on us with LAC. Therefore coming in just a little less. DEN-3 is too much.

I'll check now...DEN-4.5. My wife would kill me if I went into bookmaking! Might be a fun hobby in retirement, though!

Anyway, I digress. What are your thoughts?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:11 am

Denver’s wings are puny and unathletic, but they can shoot, I’m expecting big games out of 2 J’s. Jokic is a load, but he’s not great defensively, hopefully RWill can slow him down and Kantor can score down low on him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down