dboss
NYCelt
10 posters

Go down

West Coast Trip Empty West Coast Trip

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:53 am

2 - 3 against some tough competition.

No blow out losses.

Boston showed they're a stronger team than generally given credit for pre-season.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

West Coast Trip Empty Re: West Coast Trip

Post by dboss Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:13 am

Disappointed but not discouraged. Loss 3 games by a total of 8 points.

They never quit.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:14 am

I am very favorably impressed with how our guys played going 2-3. We will be there at the end.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Should have easily been 4-0 heading into Denver if not for one play here or there and what a job by refs giving every call to Clips. Even Clips fans were amazed how many calls they were getting....NBA has to have some kind of better system in place to make refs accountable, terrible for the brand that is the NBA.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:26 pm

100% agree Cow.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:47 pm

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 2 hours ago
Brad Wanamaker's averages since Gordon Hayward was hurt: 10.7 points, 4 assists, 2.1 rebounds, shooting 53.5 percent from the field and made 25 of 26 free throws.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:31 pm

bobheckler wrote:Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 2 hours ago
Brad Wanamaker's averages since Gordon Hayward was hurt: 10.7 points, 4 assists, 2.1 rebounds, shooting 53.5 percent from the field and made 25 of 26 free throws.

bob

Break glass in case of an emergency.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:12 pm

So much for Waters being a better option than Wanamaker. Brad has really showed his value and will continue to do so while Kemba is on the shelf.

A few shots and a better officiating crew in LA and they could easily have been 4-1
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:53 am

Yeah, this could very easily have been a 5-0 trip. Really should have been.
Slightly disappointed but not discouraged like dboss. Like NY Celt, we are better than we had once thought or at least I believe we are.

We started off where we were winning every game and everyone else in ECF and top West teams were losing. We knew something like this was coming. It's never a straight shot. It was our turn. ESPN is now happy. To them, we are back in our appropriate place...not in 1st and not threatening their predetermined order of finish.

We are putting ourselves in a position to win EVERY game. Can't put a price on that. Few if any teams in the league can say that. But that is only the first step. Once you put yourself in that position, you must develop the next step which is the killer instinct to actually win every one of those games or at least 75-80% of those games. On the college level, UNC-CH has that. That's all it's going to take. I don't ask for much!

Those games are done. We're 11-4. That's not changing. That's fantastic! Hope Kemba is going to be fine. Probably out for about a week or two without looking. We owe SAC a blowout. No telling with BKN. If Kyrie starts both games, we're 2-0.

Long season. We're not even at the first 20-25 game check point. But so far, I really like what I see.

db

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:09 am

This trip could have been better record-wise, but the team played well in every game.

Clearly, this year's team, is much more fun to follow and 11-4 is pretty good even without having Hayward for the last 7 games.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:00 am

wideclyde,

That's the best "hidden" point made yet. I'm pretty sure tmakz is going to make us start addressing the elephant in the room out West soon, though.

I'm afraid Boston may soon start being dubbed "Your NBA Injury Destination Vacation Place". I don't want to start calling it a curse and maybe I'm not objective enough regarding overall league team injuries, but we have more than our fair share it feels like. Way more. Mostly to critical people. It's rapidly approaching uncanny. Boston already had one of those curses with another sport locally. One's enough. If we didn't have the depth we do and just had two Top 10's like a couple of the teams in the league and one of those went down...season would be/will be over. Way over. Just ask GSW.

db

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:22 am

dbrown4 wrote:
I'm afraid Boston may soon start being dubbed "Your NBA Injury Destination Vacation Place".
db      

An early win for Quote of the Day.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:24 am

It's a long season. Our team is deep and young. We'll recover and others will falter.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:27 pm

Brad had good things to say about the team after the Denver game. I’m encouraged because this team has a defensive identity that can win on the road. The Clippers also have a defensive identity which is why they won.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:56 am

NYCelt,

I was VERY hesitant to post that! But thanks for the dubious award! I don't even think I was trying to be funny!

Worcester, you are correct. I need to quit sweating the small stuff. Look big picture. Think Sam. See me in April. Unfortunately, there is this torturous 82-hoop obstacle course they make us fans jump through..the regular season, that drives us to drink!

db

P.S. What we need to do now is get back on another winning streak of about 20 games or so. Show no mercy!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down