Marcus Smart on MVP chants: 'Best crowd in NBA ... I'm proud to be a Celtic'

Go down

Marcus Smart on MVP chants: 'Best crowd in NBA ... I'm proud to be a Celtic' Empty Marcus Smart on MVP chants: 'Best crowd in NBA ... I'm proud to be a Celtic'

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:43 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marcus-smart-mvp-chants-best-033154442.html

Marcus Smart on MVP chants: 'Best crowd in NBA ... I'm proud to be a Celtic'

Justin Leger, NBC Sports Boston

15 hours ago

A variety of chants were heard at TD Garden on Wednesday night, some disparaging a former Celtic, and one praising a current beloved member of the team.

The latter was an MVP chant for the longest-tenured Celtic, Marcus Smart. Late in the fourth quarter, the ball got stuck behind the backboard (again) and Smart was the man to retrieve it (again).

The Boston crowd couldn't get enough:

Celtics on NBC Sports Boston
✔
@NBCSCeltics
.@smart_MS3 saves the day again! 😂

MVP chants broke out immediately after
https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1199881619663925253

The MVP chants followed, and Smart heard them loud and clear. He talked about the support from C's fans after the game with NBC Sports Boston's Abby Chin.

"I heard it. It's cool, man. This crowd is ridiculous," Smart told Chin. "Like I said before, the best crowd in NBA fans-wise and just environment, atmosphere. I'm proud to be a Celtic."

Smart also told NBC Sports Boston's Celtics insider A. Sherrod Blakely the chants reminded him of all the hard work he's put in to improve his all-around game.

A. Sherrod Blakely
✔
@ASherrodblakely
Yes, Marcus Smart heard those "M-V-P" chants for him. "Haven't heard that since college," he told me. Hearing that reminds him of how his hard work and sticking with improving his all-around game when folks told him he was a defender only, is paying off for him and the C's now.

7:01 PM - Nov 27, 2019

As soon as the ball got stuck, everyone knew what was about to happen next. Even Celtics head coach Brad Stevens.

"We knew when that ball got stuck, there was only one man to get it down," Stevens said in his postgame press conference.

Smart and the C's will take a two-game win streak into Brooklyn, where they'll face the Nets for the second straight game Friday at noon.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down