Tolliver and Hunter

3 posters

Go down

Tolliver and Hunter Empty Tolliver and Hunter

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Last season the GSW were soooo undermanned due to injuries they had to suit up an injured player just so they wouldn't default. They brought in a couple of D-leaguers to provide some warm bodies and, IMO, the D-leaguers actually did pretty well.

Reggie Williams is signed through this year, but the next two players have not been offered qualifying offers and are unrestricted free agents now. One thing is for sure, they'll be cheap.

The thing to really look at with the basketball-reference.com links is their production per 36 minutes of play.

Anthony Tolliver, 6'9", 243#: dropped 29 on the Clips, 30 vs NOH and 34 vs Minny.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/index.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/tollian01.html

Chris Hunter, 6'11", 240#: Looks bigger, more rugged.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_hunter/index.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/huntech01.html

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Tolliver and Hunter Empty Re: Tolliver and Hunter

Post by beat Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Bob

They have decent size............who knows?
I would think someone would give um a shot.
Can't beat the price.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:13 pm

beat wrote:Bob

They have decent size............who knows?
I would think someone would give um a shot.
Can't beat the price.

beat

beat,

I sent and email to Danny (went to the Celtics website, clicked "contact us" and sent an email to customer support asking them to pass on the info to Danny).

Like that really has a chance of a snowflake in hell of getting through...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Bob

They could be a couple of young pups looking for some scraps around the table. They have had a taste and put up some reasonable numbers. Never can have enough bigs no matter how you cut it.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:12 pm

beat wrote:Bob

They could be a couple of young pups looking for some scraps around the table. They have had a taste and put up some reasonable numbers. Never can have enough bigs no matter how you cut it.

beat

beat,

Yeah, and they weren't playing Nellieball long enough to forget what defense means.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:01 pm

We've been bringing up a number of young guys, and that raises an interesting question. Last season, I think Doc had 13 veterans to work with. Hudson was cut, and the other two kids were traded to NY. with another veteran for another veteran. During the playoffs, the rotation was usually 8 deep (give or take a minute here and there) and finished up about 7 deep.

This year, I expect them to go the veteran route again. But I'm hoping some learning has occurred so that they won't feel the need to go beyond 10 or 11 veterans and will be able to collect 4 or 5 young guys with varying degrees of promise. I sort of like the sounds of some of the young prospects out there, and if 2 or the 4 or 5 could turn into keepers—knowledgeable with the Celtics system—it could give the team a head start in looking toward the future.

I understand that someone will probably respond with the total myth that Doc's constitutionally averse to giving young guys a chance (that's ridiculous). And I hope that, with a full training camp under their belts, and with the inevitable injuries that will occur, we may be pleasantly surprised.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Sam wrote:We've been bringing up a number of young guys, and that raises an interesting question. Last season, I think Doc had 13 veterans to work with. Hudson was cut, and the other two kids were traded to NY. with another veteran for another veteran. During the playoffs, the rotation was usually 8 deep (give or take a minute here and there) and finished up about 7 deep.

This year, I expect them to go the veteran route again. But I'm hoping some learning has occurred so that they won't feel the need to go beyond 10 or 11 veterans and will be able to collect 4 or 5 young guys with varying degrees of promise. I sort of like the sounds of some of the young prospects out there, and if 2 or the 4 or 5 could turn into keepers—knowledgeable with the Celtics system—it could give the team a head start in looking toward the future.

I understand that someone will probably respond with the total myth that Doc's constitutionally averse to giving young guys a chance (that's ridiculous). And I hope that, with a full training camp under their belts, and with the inevitable injuries that will occur, we may be pleasantly surprised.

Sam

sam,

FWIW, I agree. There's nothing like veteran savvy, veteran poise and veterans getting veteran calls from the officials.

I was suggesting these kids for the end of the bench. I think they have potential, but I never meant to suggest they should be getting a ton of minutes, barring serious injuries.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:36 am

Bob,

I''d like nothing more than to see a contemporary equivalent of the Jones Boys who are wreaking havoc by playoff time. Of course, first Danny has to deal with the mere formality of finding them. We might already have one in Tony. The one requirement is that they be a thoroughly disruptive defensive tandem. I believe this could be an important dimension that would give the Celts an edge. And it wouldn't hurt if they had a speedy PG to play transition with them.

I had hoped for a while that it would be Hudson and either Walker or Giddens, but that obviously didn't work out.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down