Celtics Players Give Marcus Smart Awesome (And Fitting) New Nickname

3 posters

Go down

Celtics Players Give Marcus Smart Awesome (And Fitting) New Nickname  Empty Celtics Players Give Marcus Smart Awesome (And Fitting) New Nickname

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:38 pm

https://nesn.com/2019/12/celtics-players-give-marcus-smart-awesome-and-fitting-new-nickname/?fbclid=IwAR260bkK2JpmMqQ6Joxv8tkN391n7iHdDrSXD7NZGuLtJJG_RYLz9JB-768

Celtics Players Give Marcus Smart Awesome (And Fitting) New Nickname

by NESN Staff

on Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 3:15PM

Marcus Smart’s toughness is almost superhuman.  So, too, is his ability to quickly recover from injuries that normally would sideline players for extended periods of time.

Well, these remarkable qualities apparently have earned the Boston Celtics guard a new nickname.

Check out this tweet from Celtics.com’s Amanda Pflugrad:

Amanda_Pflugrad ✔
@Amanda_Pflugrad
Marcus Smart just told me pregame that he has earned a new nickname from his teammates. They now refer to him as WOLVERINE because of his body's ability to heal and come back quickly after an injury.
925 4:21 PM - Dec 31, 2019

For those unaware, Wolverine is a an X-Men character who, among other things, has the ability to heal from nearly any wound. No word yet on whether Smart is made of Adamantium or some other rare metal.

bob
MY NOTE:  He plays like a wolverine, he heals like Wolverine.  Perfect.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Players Give Marcus Smart Awesome (And Fitting) New Nickname  Empty Re: Celtics Players Give Marcus Smart Awesome (And Fitting) New Nickname

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:49 pm

My father graduated from Michigan, as a tiny kid I remember vividly my father describing a wolverine to me. Perfect

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Celtics Players Give Marcus Smart Awesome (And Fitting) New Nickname  Empty Re: Celtics Players Give Marcus Smart Awesome (And Fitting) New Nickname

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:21 pm

Very fitting relative to the animal & the comic book character. Though, like Hugh Jackman, way too tall for the character.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down